ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Mock (11/12)
Direckshun 09:14 AM 11-12-2020
Assumptions:

1. The Chiefs repeat as Super Bowl champions. HC Andy Reid and GM Brett Veach are retained.

2. OC Eric Bienemy is hired by your mom's favorite team, and the Chiefs earn a 3rd compensatory round pick in 2021 and 2022.

3. The 2021 salary cap remains he same roughly $200m it was in 2020.

4. OT Mitchell Schwartz retires.

5. The Chiefs extend OT Eric Fisher (4 years, $45m), S Tyrann Mathieu (4 years, $58m).

6. The Chiefs tender RB Darrel Williams, WR Byron Pringle, TE Deon Yelder, OG Andrew Wylie, ILB Ben Niemann, CB Charvarius Ward.

7. The Chiefs re-sign WR Demarcus Robinson (1 year, $3m), DE Taco Charlton (1 year, $2m), S Dan Sorensen (2 years, $8m).

8. The Chiefs re-sign to a minimal deals FB Anthony Sherman, WR Demarcus Robinson, WR Marcus Kemp, OL Mike Remmers, C Daniel Kilgore, CB Antonio Hamilton.

9. The Chiefs let walk QB Matt Moore, RB Le'Veon Bell, WR Sammy Watkins, WR Gehrig Deiter, TE Nick Keizer, TE Ricky Seals-Jones, OG Kelechi Osemele, OG Danny Isidora, OG Bryan Witzmann, C Austin Reiter, DT Mike Pennel, DT Braxton Hoyett, DE Alex Okafor, DE Tanoh Kpassagnon, OLB Damien Wilson, CB Bashaud Breeland, CB Alex Brown, S Tedric Thompson.

10. The Chiefs sign no notable free agents.

11. The Chiefs net two compensatory picks, a 4th (Fuller) and a 5th (Ogbah). They are picking 32nd.

The draft:

1. DE Jaysen Oweh, Penn State
2. OLB Jabril Cox, LSU
3. CB Chase Lucas, Arizona State
3 (Bienemy). WR Anthony Schwartz, Auburn
4. DT Glen Logan, LSU
4 (Fuller). OG Jack Anderson, Texas Tech
5. OLB Amen Ogbongbemiga, Oklahoma State
5 (Ogbah). TE Charlie Kolar, Iowa State
6. C James Patterson, Notre Dame

QB: Mahomes, Henne
RB: Edwards-Helaire, Williams, Williams, Thompson
FB: Sherman

WR: Hill, Hardman, Robinson, Pringle, Schwartz, Kemp
TE: Kelce, Yelder, Kolar

LT: Fisher, Remmers
LG: Allegretti, Wylie
C: Kilgore, Patterson
RG: Duvarney-Tardif, Rankin, Anderson
RT: Niang, Remmers, Durant

DE: Clark, Charlton
DT: Jones, Wharton
DT: Nnadi, Logan, Saunders
DE: Oweh, Danna,

OLB: Gay, O'Daniel
ILB: Hitchens, Niemann
OLB: Cox, Ogbongbemiga

CB: Sneed, Ward, Fenton, Lucas, Hamilton, Keyes
S: Mathieu, Thornhill, Sorensen, Watts

K: Butker
P: Townsend
LS: Winchester
[Reply]
R Clark 04:39 PM 11-13-2020
I don’t think they give Sorensen that much money for two yrs.
[Reply]
RunKC 12:55 PM 11-14-2020
Saw a mock from Matt Miller with the TE from Penn St going to us.

Man I would love that. We can’t keep Sammy next year unless he takes away less. That guy would be a replacement for Kelce at the end of his rookie contract and can make this offense even more impossible to stop.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:25 PM 11-14-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Saw a mock from Matt Miller with the TE from Penn St going to us.

Man I would love that. We can’t keep Sammy next year unless he takes away less. That guy would be a replacement for Kelce at the end of his rookie contract and can make this offense even more impossible to stop.
Sammy Watkins isn’t earning his incentives this year and will most likely earn $8 million dollars for about 8 regular season games.

I can’t see any team offering him much next year, so it’s possible he’ll stick around on another greatly reduced contract.

I also think the Chiefs have much bigger needs than spending their #1 on a TE who’s likely to have less than 30 catches per the next few seasons.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 04:45 PM 11-14-2020
What exactly you doing with Mathieu? He is signed through 2021. You converting his base salary, $14,550,000 into a signing bonus type of thing since he is carrying a $19.7 Million cap number for 2021?
[Reply]
Cosmos 06:23 PM 11-14-2020
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
I completely understand everybody's reticence to wait in the draft to go OL.

But what position are you willing to shortchange in order to do it?

We have no top tier passrush on the edge outside of Clark. We have no real talent at LB unless Gay develops (which I assume he will), and our CB corps will take a step back if/when Breeland moves on.

At the same time, I'm not sure we can retain Watkins and that leaves us Hardman as the #2.
I think you sacrifice wherever you need to, in order to get some talent on the OL.

Patrick has made this line look better than what it is, and our G/C talent is well below league average. The inside run blocking is terrible and LDT was average BEFORE he shut it down and Reiter/Wylie are average at best .

Iím sure we will be picking some high end OL in the first 2-3 rounds...have to.
[Reply]
RealSNR 03:20 PM 11-15-2020
The Chiefs frequently take fans' perceived team needs and tell them to go shove it when it comes to the first round of the draft.

I would be not at all surprised to see a draft like this where we pick at the edges of the later rounds to find some interior OL guy and then call it good.

The Chiefs do it all the time. Sometimes out of necessity (nobody good available at the position). Other times because they like other players. And often it's because they trust the players they have in-house, even if fans don't see it that way.

Sometimes they're wrong. Sometimes they're right. Other times it's a wash, and while they don't improve at a team need, they also don't really get any worse.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:03 PM 11-16-2020
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
The Chiefs frequently take fans' perceived team needs and tell them to go shove it when it comes to the first round of the draft.

I would be not at all surprised to see a draft like this where we pick at the edges of the later rounds to find some interior OL guy and then call it good.

The Chiefs do it all the time. Sometimes out of necessity (nobody good available at the position). Other times because they like other players. And often it's because they trust the players they have in-house, even if fans don't see it that way.

Sometimes they're wrong. Sometimes they're right. Other times it's a wash, and while they don't improve at a team need, they also don't really get any worse.
Yep. Wouldn't at all be surprised to see them do virtually nothing in the draft for the OL. There will be much wailing and gnashing of teeth but this team trusts it's draft process.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 01:55 PM 11-16-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Yep. Wouldn't at all be surprised to see them do virtually nothing in the draft for the OL. There will be much wailing and gnashing of teeth but this team trusts it's draft process.
I wouldn't say I'd exactly be surprised, nothing would surprise me short of a kicker or QB in the 1st, but I don't see any way one of their first 3-4 picks isn't on the OL.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:50 PM 11-16-2020
The Chiefs will have a minimum of 9 draft picks in 2021, unless Veach uses some of the Comp Picks to move around.

But if he keeps all 9, I think he's likely to address at least one spot on the O-line if not two, because most likely, they won't have any cap room in order to sign veterans for more than Vet Minimum.
[Reply]
RunKC 03:42 PM 11-16-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Sammy Watkins isn’t earning his incentives this year and will most likely earn $8 million dollars for about 8 regular season games.

I can’t see any team offering him much next year, so it’s possible he’ll stick around on another greatly reduced contract.

I also think the Chiefs have much bigger needs than spending their #1 on a TE who’s likely to have less than 30 catches per the next few seasons.
It’s possible but I’ve heard multiple key analysts like Jay Glazer mention how the cap will likely drop from Covid. I know they can maneuver some things but Sammy even making $10 million is a lot considering Pat is making $20 million more.

They probably also want to keep some guys they like like Dirty Dan.

With the wide range of picks I think we might see Veach go all offense early. The amount of picks could help him move up in the middle of the draft for a guy he has his eye on (Snead was that guy last Spring). Drafting plus players recently that can start like Thornhill, Fenton, Snead, Gay, Wharton and Danna sure help as well. Veach has a ton of flexibility.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 05:50 PM 11-16-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Itís possible but Iíve heard multiple key analysts like Jay Glazer mention how the cap will likely drop from Covid. I know they can maneuver some things but Sammy even making $10 million is a lot considering Pat is making $20 million more.

They probably also want to keep some guys they like like Dirty Dan.
Some of the articles and blurbs I've read recently say that the cap will most likely be stagnant in 2021, meaning it'll be right around $200 million.

The expanded playoffs are a big reason why, especially if they go with their contingency plan of 8 playoff teams per conference.

In terms of players, there's no way I'd give Sammy Watkins a $10 million dollar deal because he can't stay healthy. $4 million would be my top offer but I think a $2 million dollar base with incentives to reach $4-5 million is probably more likely for him.

The days of a $10+ million base salary for him seem to be over, especially since he'll be 28 years old in 2021 and will have started only 25 regular season games out of 41 and counting...
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:30 PM 11-16-2020
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
I wouldn't say I'd exactly be surprised, nothing would surprise me short of a kicker or QB in the 1st, but I don't see any way one of their first 3-4 picks isn't on the OL.

How long have you been following this team?

Itís not only possible, Iíd say itís even probable
[Reply]
OKchiefs 12:22 PM 11-19-2020
With Schwartz's back issues, I think a high pick on the OL becomes even more probable. Sure we have Niang, but if I'm the Chiefs FO I'm probably not putting all my eggs in one basket with him.
[Reply]
kccrow 06:24 PM 11-19-2020
If Jalen Mayfield is there at the end of the 1st, then I'd have to take him to replace Schwartz. Other than that, I think there will be alot of interior talent in the 3rd-5th.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up