ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 8
1 2345 > Last »
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Holiday Plans
HonestChieffan 08:27 PM 11-11-2020
With this bullshit election and covid, we need to move on to the Holiday season.

Whats everyone doing for Thanksgiving?

Looks like we will be very traditional and have a great family Thanksgiving and sort of doing plans for like a Saturday after Thanksgiving get together with friends to just say screw Covid.

Christmas planning is holding off till after Thanksgiving then its on 100%
[Reply]
cosmo20002 08:28 PM 11-11-2020
inb4 BEP screaming
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 08:29 PM 11-11-2020
My older parents and my wife's older mother all want to gather. They are depressed from being told to stay at home and want to get back to normal even if that means they have a 4% chance of dying if they get the Rona.
[Reply]
Snopes Hammer 08:33 PM 11-11-2020
My family is planning on getting together, but I'm hesitant about attending because I spend a lot of my job around different people giving me a higher potential exposure.

I'm not worried about myself, but I would feel beyond terrible if I were to expose my family if I was infected. My parents are in their 70's and my niece is pregnant.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 08:40 PM 11-11-2020
Just us and the BIL.

Cancelled the neighborhood gathering for this weekend,
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 08:43 PM 11-11-2020
Originally Posted by Snopes Hammer:
My family is planning on getting together, but I'm hesitant about attending because I spend a lot of my job around different people giving me a higher potential exposure.

I'm not worried about myself, but I would feel beyond terrible if I were to expose my family if I was infected. My parents are in their 70's and my niece is pregnant.
you could get tested and for the 2 weeks before just be very careful, mask, and maintain distance

Holidays and Family are such an import part of who we are
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 08:48 PM 11-11-2020
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
My older parents and my wife's older mother all want to gather. They are depressed from being told to stay at home and want to get back to normal even if that means they have a 4% chance of dying if they get the Rona.
Its terrible for the elders!

We are working on caroling plans for all the assisted care places. If they cant come out, the joy of Christmas carols can go to them. Holiday music has great meaning and messages.

Trying to get kids involved as well in cookie making for the homes.

WE need to be communities
[Reply]
loochy 08:55 PM 11-11-2020
Originally Posted by Snopes Hammer:

go grab a rapid test the night before
[Reply]
eDave 09:07 PM 11-11-2020
Knuckleheads on the 27th.
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 09:43 PM 11-11-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
Knuckleheads on the 27th.
So no traditional Thanksgiving with family? Just a day after beers at that joint?

That hits the sads
[Reply]
eDave 11-11-2020, 09:56 PM
This message has been deleted by eDave.
HonestChieffan 10:03 PM 11-11-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
Dinner with family (at sisters). Date at Trezo Mare on Friday night, then knuckleheads for a Police cover band (opening with an REM cover band). Saturday night I am hosting a large get together with high school friends at Brass Rail up north. Alcohol will not be included in any of my Thanksgiving week activities.

Thats more like it

You can celebrate my birthday at Knuckleheads.

Have a great weekend, sounds like it will be
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 07:54 AM 11-12-2020
Small immediate family gathering for thanksgiving and getting together with some friends to watch the Tyson-Jones fight Saturday night. I’m way more excited for that exhibition fight card than I probably should be.
[Reply]
BigRichard 07:56 AM 11-12-2020
Thanksgiving... I think the wife and I are going to grill some really good steaks with some really good sides.

For Christmas, we took about a week and half off from work and will be driving back to Omaha to see all of our family. I am planning on spreading as much Kung Flu as possible on this trip.
[Reply]
F150 08:05 AM 11-12-2020
Originally Posted by BigRichard:
Thanksgiving... I think the wife and I are going to grill some really good steaks with some really good sides.

For Christmas, we took about a week and half off from work and will be driving back to Omaha to see all of our family. I am planning on spreading as much Kung Flu as possible on this trip.

The season for gifts right?
[Reply]
BigRichard 08:19 AM 11-12-2020
Originally Posted by F150:
The season for gifts right?
It's the gift that keeps on giving.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 8
1 2345 > Last »
Up