ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 13
< 1234 5678 > Last »
The Lounge>Toronto Raptors to play in KC for 2021 season?
Deberg_1990 08:31 PM 10-27-2020

KC mayor Quinton Lucas, US Senators Roy Blunt, Pat Roberts and Jerry Moran, and US Rep Emanuel Cleaver co-signed a letter to the NBA commissioner's office and Raptors ownership making the case for Kansas City to be the temporary home, if needed.

— Sam Mellinger (@mellinger) October 27, 2020



Never thought Id type this but Kansas City is legit pursuing an NBA team. Heres the latest, including three irrefutable takeaways: https://t.co/ZrkvFqUE6F

— Sam Mellinger (@mellinger) October 27, 2020

[Reply]
Bearcat 09:15 AM 10-28-2020
Attended a Hawks/Heat playoff game in Atlanta years ago while working there for a bit, and even though it didn't change my apathy towards the style of play in the NBA, the entertainment value was great (and I assume Atlanta isn't the best example of NBA playoff atmosphere, of course).

The talent is undeniably better than the college game, which makes it worse when Dwyane Wade is trying to draw fouls and flop around like a fish out of water instead of draining baskets from anywhere on the floor.

Thought it was a fun atmosphere though... if the Suns weren't garbage, I'd attend a game or two (if tickets aren't insane).
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 09:20 AM 10-28-2020
Let's steal their team and keep it.
[Reply]
BWillie 09:24 AM 10-28-2020
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Let's steal their team and keep it.
We probably would have had a shot had the entire Golden State Warrior team not got hurt in the 2019 NBA Finals. Now Toronto suddenly cares about the team more than they did prior to 2019.
[Reply]
KCUnited 09:27 AM 10-28-2020
I went to a Suns game once and they were parachuting down Carls Jr burgers from the rafters while blasting hip hop. It was like a basketball game broke out in the middle of a street carnival.

I didn't mind it.
[Reply]
Bronco_buster2 09:39 AM 10-28-2020
I heard on 610 the NBA will be looking for a city in the Eastern time zone kind of limiting KC’s chances.

Also, currently the NBA is looking at ‘no fans’ for 20-21. This would make our attempt of a ‘temporary tryout’ a difficult one. Maybe some of the fan restrictions changes though as we move forward.

I have very little interest in the NBA, but I would definitely follow it a little more if KC gets the Raptors. Even if it’s just one year.
[Reply]
BWillie 09:39 AM 10-28-2020
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
I went to a Suns game once and they were parachuting down Carls Jr burgers from the rafters while blasting hip hop. It was like a basketball game broke out in the middle of a street carnival.

I didn't mind it.

[Reply]
ChiefBlueCFC 10:01 AM 10-28-2020
Did we sign this POS franchise yet?
[Reply]
F150 10:03 AM 10-28-2020
Anyone who actually gets excited watching the NBA must have absolutely no entertainment alternatives.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:05 AM 10-28-2020
Originally Posted by F150:
Anyone who actually gets excited watching the NBA must have absolutely no entertainment alternatives.
Compared too....? I can see why football would be entertaining but baseball is just terrible. If I wasn't a Royals fan or forced to play baseball growing up by my parents I would hate it.

Hockey looks entertaining on the surface, but everytime I try to watch a game I get really bored unless I'm actually there. Even then I start nodding off unless some guy tries to stab another guy with a skate or something.
[Reply]
F150 10:08 AM 10-28-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Compared too....? I can see why football would be entertaining but baseball is just terrible. If I wasn't a Royals fan or forced to play baseball growing up by my parents I would hate it.

Hockey looks entertaining on the surface, but everytime I try to watch a game I get really bored unless I'm actually there. Even then I start nodding off unless some guy tries to stab another guy with a skate or something.
Hockey is a good time in small doses.
Soccer is dreadful
College Basketball is awesome stuff

Id rate watching reruns of Bass Fishing over any NBA stuff
[Reply]
BWillie 10:16 AM 10-28-2020
Originally Posted by F150:
Hockey is a good time in small doses.
Soccer is dreadful
College Basketball is awesome stuff

Id rate watching reruns of Bass Fishing over any NBA stuff
I love college basketball. I'm with you there. I just don't understand how people who love college basketball hate NBA so much. It just baffles me. Everyone who loves college football also loves the NFL for the most part.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 10:21 AM 10-28-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Man, if this happens, you guys will ****ing FREAK THE **** OUT when you see LIVE NBA games.

There's just nothing like it in all of sports.

TV does not translate the NBA at all.
I saw Kobe/LeBron at Staples and thought 'meh'.

I honestly enjoy a frenzied atmosphere at Allen Field House (and the college game itself) over the NBA any day.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 10:23 AM 10-28-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I love college basketball. I'm with you there. I just don't understand how people who love college basketball hate NBA so much. It just baffles me. Everyone who loves college football also loves the NFL for the most part.
Completely different game.

There's not as much difference between college and pro football (though some might say offenses are even more creative in college).
[Reply]
suzzer99 10:24 AM 10-28-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Man, if this happens, you guys will ****ing FREAK THE **** OUT when you see LIVE NBA games.

There's just nothing like it in all of sports.

TV does not translate the NBA at all.
Many of us are old enough to remember the Kings. Olberding and Larry Drew were fun but I did not freak the **** out. Different game back then.

Most memorable game: we were winning by 1 vs. heavily-favored Philly - Moses Malone dribbles the whole damn length of the floor to make a layup to win.
[Reply]
TribalElder 10:35 AM 10-28-2020
We have 6 BLM street murals in KC

we are the obvious choice for the NBA
[Reply]
Page 4 of 13
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Up