ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 11
1 2345 > Last »
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Daily Georgia Thread
Merde Furieux 05:48 AM 04-24-2020
As I typed this column Thursday afternoon, a news flash popped up on AJC.com saying a tornado had been spotted in central Georgia.

Well, why not? It’s dark and gloomy outside, so why shouldn’t Mother Nature throw another thunderbolt into the perilous environment in which we exist.

I see that the terms “surreal” and “COVID-19” are paired up 42 million times in a Google search. I suppose that’s because the overwhelming nature of this pandemic has left us gob-smacked.As the month of March was ending and the public was stunned and numb, Emory University infectious disease expert Dr. Carlos del Rio trotted out the slogan “erase April.”“The most important thing we can do is stay home,” he said.

“Staying home saves lives.” Projections were that the state’s death rate would peak with 84 deaths on April 23. The peak came April 20th but with 41 deaths, and the hospitals were fortunately never overloaded. People largely stayed home and flattened the curve. The daily death toll has been dropping this past week.

April is now mostly erased. What we hoped for a month ago has largely occurred, as far as the epidemiological graphs go. The worst has not happened. At least not yet.But still, the light at the end of our collective tunnel remains dim. April’s end leaves us still mired in limbo without solid, reassuring answers.

https://www.ajc.com/news/local/opini...73c48xqBXAq7L/
[Reply]
2112 05:51 AM 04-24-2020
If only Florida Evans didn’t get robbed in the election. A woman of color, along with PANCAKES AND SYRUP would make all these problems go away.
[Reply]
Merde Furieux 05:52 AM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by Merde Furieux:
As I typed this column Thursday afternoon, a news flash popped up on AJC.com saying a tornado had been spotted in central Georgia.

Well, why not? It’s dark and gloomy outside, so why shouldn’t Mother Nature throw another thunderbolt into the perilous environment in which we exist.

I see that the terms “surreal” and “COVID-19” are paired up 42 million times in a Google search. I suppose that’s because the overwhelming nature of this pandemic has left us gob-smacked.As the month of March was ending and the public was stunned and numb, Emory University infectious disease expert Dr. Carlos del Rio trotted out the slogan “erase April.”“The most important thing we can do is stay home,” he said.

“Staying home saves lives.” Projections were that the state’s death rate would peak with 84 deaths on April 23. The peak came April 20th but with 41 deaths, and the hospitals were fortunately never overloaded. People largely stayed home and flattened the curve. The daily death toll has been dropping this past week.

April is now mostly erased. What we hoped for a month ago has largely occurred, as far as the epidemiological graphs go. The worst has not happened. At least not yet.But still, the light at the end of our collective tunnel remains dim. April’s end leaves us still mired in limbo without solid, reassuring answers.

https://www.ajc.com/news/local/opini...73c48xqBXAq7L/
As you read this, the State of Georgia has become the embodiment of the mantra that has been bubbling-up for weeks among quarantined Americans from coast to coast: “THIS MADNESS MUST END.”

So-called “average” citizens—whose wisdom and common sense far exceed that of robotic, agenda-driven media hysterics—cheered the news that Georgia governor Brian Kemp had signed an executive order to allow barber shops, hair salons, movie theaters and bowling alleys to reopen on Friday, April 24th. (Note the word allow. Kemp did not order businesses to reopen. Weird concept: he simple eased restrictions imposed which helped bend the curve of the Chinese Coronavirus.)

Predictable result? Snarling dogs from what we laughingly refer to as “journalism” in America went all howler-monkey on him. Reporters on TV—standing out in the street BY THEMSELVES but wearing masks and standing in cornfields in Iowa BY THEMSELVES but wearing masks—attacked and ridiculed Kemp for exercising his gubernatorial judgement on behalf of Georgia’s citizenry.

https://townhall.com/columnists/tomt...orgia-n2567523
[Reply]
Merde Furieux 07:59 AM 04-24-2020
They needed a trim, and couldn’t wait any longer. For the the first time in weeks, some Metro Atlanta hair salons and barbershops reopened Friday. And the lines started early.

The first phase of Gov. Brian Kemp’s plan to reopen Georgia during the coronavirus pandemic included haircut shops and gyms, though not all chose to open their doors.

https://www.ajc.com/news/lines-start...6oDTN/amp.html
[Reply]
backinblack 08:05 AM 04-24-2020

[Reply]
HonestChieffan 08:11 AM 04-24-2020
Lawfirms will run ads recruiting clients who think they got the Chinese Virus and the games will begin Atlanta TV will be buried in them
[Reply]
KCChiefsFan88 09:01 AM 04-24-2020
No one dropped dead from getting a haircut in Georgia yet.

Of course the MSM is breathlessly waiting for something bad to happen.
[Reply]
Merde Furieux 10:25 AM 04-24-2020
I think Texas and Oklahoma are open, too?

Meanwhile in Moonbat Land:

Illinois Gov. JB Pritzker said Thursday he is extending the state’s stay-at-home order until May 30th and requiring residents to wear masks in public.

In addition, the governor said wearing masks in public would be a requirement for all Illinois residents.

:-)
[Reply]
Ninerfan11 10:32 AM 04-24-2020
Kemp is AWESOME, let's go Georgia!
[Reply]
Merde Furieux 08:24 AM 04-27-2020
Gov. Brian Kemp held a "day of prayer" service on the same day that Georgia permits restaurants to resume dine-in operations, as the Republican tries to tamp down a dispute with President Donald Trump over easing coronavirus restrictions.

The Republican will join faith leaders and politicians at the state Capitol Monday as some restaurateurs prepare to reopen their dining rooms for the first time in weeks - so long as they meet more than three dozen safety guidelines issued by the state. He’s also scheduled a press conference later Monday, where he’s expected to detail his plans for his shelter-in-place order that’s set to expire on Thursday. The governor has already urged the “medically fragile” to remain home through May 13. Most metro Atlanta restaurants don’t plan to open doors Monday to on-premise dining, and several that announced plans to do so have reversed course. But a handful have announced they will open their dining rooms with precautions. And in other parts of the state, many owners of restaurants and other shops that were shuttered for the last month were eager to quickly restart operations.

https://www.ajc.com/blog/politics/ke...89K3rU62M8lLN/
[Reply]
Merde Furieux 08:26 AM 04-27-2020
Restaurants around metro Atlanta have begun to reopen dining rooms today as restrictions related to the coronavirus pandemic are lifted. Restaurants will be allowed to operate with in-person dining as long as they follow a set of 39 guidelines laid out by the state government, which include a requirement that all employees wear masks, a maximum of 10 customers per 500 square feet of floor space and a maximum of six diners per table.

https://www.ajc.com/blog/atlanta-res...r5E15t3BRrvdJ/
[Reply]
baitism 08:44 AM 04-27-2020
Colorado reopened too. But because Polis is a D, you won't hear an uproar from the MSM.
[Reply]
Merde Furieux 09:25 AM 04-28-2020
DALTON —
Dalton - As the last customers downed their frosty beers and cleaned the pizza from their plates, Kasey Carpenter made straight for the cash register in the middle of the bar.

“It’s time,” he said, “to look at the tale of the tape.”Carpenter is walking a tightrope amid the coronavirus restrictions. He’s a Republican state lawmaker and close ally of Gov. Brian Kemp. He’s also a restaurateur in Dalton whose two downtown eateries were upended by orders to shut down in-person dining at restaurants.When the governor made the polarizing decision last week to allow restaurants to reopen their dining rooms if they abided by safety precautions, Carpenter didn’t hesitate. He reopened both restaurants Monday with more limited capacity, social distancing and other measures.“I was ready. I didn’t want to shut down in the first place,” he said, though he was forced to shutter first by local officials and then by Kemp’s April 3 mandate. “People were scared to death and they were doing the best they could, but I pleaded with them not to do it.”The shutdown took its toll. Carpenter, 42, has been in the restaurant business roughly half his life. The first 19 years, he’s only had to put five staffers on the unemployment rolls. This year, he had 75 employees suddenly out of work.

https://www.ajc.com/news/state--regi...eEqIwRzWaTbOM/
[Reply]
Randallflagg 10:00 AM 04-28-2020
Originally Posted by baitism:
Colorado reopened too. But because Polis is a D, you won't hear an uproar from the MSM.

Polis is a "D" and a Gay. Darling of the MSM.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 02:51 PM 04-28-2020
I received a phone survey from my county asking if certain categories should be open, such as beaches and even retail stores. I said yes for all of them.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 11
1 2345 > Last »
Up