ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 21
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Media Center>Sony Playstation 5 thread
bowener 10:04 AM 03-17-2020
I figured we could go ahead and start this.

I wasn't able to watch it today, but Sony had a live event where they unveiled the PS5 console. I don't really have an opinion on the appearance yet, but it can be vertical or horizontal.

Your first look at the #PlayStation5. pic.twitter.com/VCDfmVKCEl

— PlayStation (@PlayStation) June 11, 2020


...and here it is. Thanks for watching! #PS5 pic.twitter.com/pOzHc31X3G

— PlayStation (@PlayStation) June 11, 2020

[Reply]
SuperChief 08:44 AM 09-17-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I learned a long time ago buying a launch system is a good way to get bugs, buy one in March and you're good.
This has not been my experience. Or anyone else's that I know of.
[Reply]
Pants 08:53 AM 09-17-2020
Genius move by Sony to have a full power console without an optical disk reader at such a low price point.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 09:00 AM 09-17-2020
I'll probably get the version that plays 4K dvds.

Stupid to buy a top-tier 4K television with HDR, etc......and not have the ability to watch a 4K movie with the best possible picture.

Streaming, as it stands now (even when ultra-HD and solid connection) isnt the same thing/level.
[Reply]
Superturtle 09:01 AM 09-17-2020
This guy is a must follow. Been on top of every single pre-order opening. Got an amazon link before it was even live.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Wario64
[Reply]
Stryker 09:39 AM 09-17-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I won't be getting one any time soon. It sounds like they're going to be limiting stock due to supplier delays (COVID) so there's going to be a shortage in the near term.

Plus I have plenty of PS4 games to finish for now.
This. I want more titles to become available and I want to see if there are any issues with the system at least a year out before I consider purchasing.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:50 AM 09-17-2020
Originally Posted by SuperChief:
This has not been my experience. Or anyone else's that I know of.
Really you didn't know anyone that got the dead PS4's from Amazon that just flashed a blue light? Or the xbox ones that launched that had dead disc drives?
[Reply]
Bill Brasky 10:26 AM 09-17-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Really you didn't know anyone that got the dead PS4's from Amazon that just flashed a blue light? Or the xbox ones that launched that had dead disc drives?
Not personally, no. I bought a day 1 PS4 from Amazon and itís still going strong. Iím playing through RDR2 right now. Iím not saying they didnít exist, itís just not my experience or any of my friends.
[Reply]
lcarus 10:33 AM 09-17-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Really you didn't know anyone that got the dead PS4's from Amazon that just flashed a blue light? Or the xbox ones that launched that had dead disc drives?
Or the Xbox 360 red ring of death. Supposedly that cost Microsoft 1 billion dollars.
[Reply]
Superturtle 10:35 AM 09-17-2020
Originally Posted by lcarus:
Or the Xbox 360 red ring of death. Supposedly that cost Microsoft 1 billion dollars.
Yeah, that's the only one I remember. You could wrap it in a towel to overheat it and reset it IIRC.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:45 AM 09-17-2020
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Yeah, that's the only one I remember. You could wrap it in a towel to overheat it and reset it IIRC.
The towel thing only worked for a short time because it made it so hot it would melt stuff on the inside.
[Reply]
Superturtle 10:48 AM 09-17-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
The towel thing only worked for a short time because it made it so hot it would melt stuff on the inside.
I'm pretty sure you just had to solder or screw the heat sinks inside to fix the issue. But this has been fucking years ago.
[Reply]
SuperChief 10:57 AM 09-17-2020
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
This guy is a must follow. Been on top of every single pre-order opening. Got an amazon link before it was even live.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Wario64
Yes. This is why I came here lol. Thank you.
[Reply]
lcarus 11:05 AM 09-17-2020
I'm just too slow for this stuff I guess. Yesterday I was busy. Had no idea when places started selling them. Then I went to bed around 11:30 and woke up about 6:30. The places that went live between those times sold out of course, and by the time I got online this morning to check things out, Amazon had already come and gone. People just live on the frickin internet or what? I can almost guarantee I'll miss any restocks too lol. It'll take a real stroke of luck.
[Reply]
Dayze 11:06 AM 09-17-2020
man..the RROD..I haven't thought about that in years.
I think I went through like 3 Xboxes in like 4 months because of that. each time replaced with the warranty thing I got at NFM for like $40; after I got the final new one in had, I sold it to a guy a work for about $50 less than new. switched to PS3 and have been a Sony guy since.

really excited to see some PS5 stuff after it comes out.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:26 AM 09-17-2020
Originally Posted by lcarus:
I'm just too slow for this stuff I guess. Yesterday I was busy. Had no idea when places started selling them. Then I went to bed around 11:30 and woke up about 6:30. The places that went live between those times sold out of course, and by the time I got online this morning to check things out, Amazon had already come and gone. People just live on the frickin internet or what? I can almost guarantee I'll miss any restocks too lol. It'll take a real stroke of luck.
People had alarms set for this shit like xmas day.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 21
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Up