ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Please Be Considerate With Fireworks
theoldcoach 07:21 PM 06-29-2020
This comes up every year at about this time. Please be considerate with the use of fireworks.

I love fireworks...........when I am expecting them. I love the 4th of July. I love to see kids shooting off fireworks. I love to see families enjoy fireworks displays. It is one of my favorite holidays.

But when they are not expected........like at Midnight or 1:00 am they can be a problem for many of us. Last night someone set off 3 screaming bottle rockets and a small packet of firecrackers at about midnight just outside the house somewhere.

In one move I hit the floor. From the bed to the floor in one move. In the process I knocked over a bedside tray that had a can of pop on it and spilled it all over the floor.

Sounded exactly like incoming fire. It seemed so real that I could even smell that damned jungle. Over 50 years later. It seemed as real as real could be. Took me several seconds to realize where I was and what was happening. My heart was racing. I was sweating. I was scared.

Now......those kids didn’t mean for that to happen. They were just having some fun. But in doing so, they fail to realize that to many of us, those sounds in the middle of the night will always signal immediate life threatening danger. And it will never go away.

So I ask you and for you to advise your children........enjoy fireworks in their time and place. Most veterans will heartily endorse that. In fact, we fought for the right for everyone to do so. But please think of those whom it causes trauma and limit late night, non 4th of July exposure to them. Some of us Veterans and many pets would very much appreciate it.

And thank you for listening to this old man.
[Reply]
Garcia Bronco 11:01 AM 06-30-2020
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
While I'm personally opposed to firecrackers, I must go on the record with my absolute distaste for all of the mentally weak subset of society who freak the **** out about how their dogs get PTSD from fireworks.
I understand your perspective. I get it. However, the feedback is the feedback. It cause issues in people's homes when its unexpected including their pets and the unique conditions that people have based on their life experiences.

I mean fireworks are believed to have burned down 250 acres yesterday in Colorado but that's another issue.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 11:30 AM 06-30-2020
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
While I'm personally opposed to firecrackers, I must go on the record with my absolute distaste for all of the mentally weak subset of society who freak the fuck out about how their dogs get PTSD from fireworks.
'Mentally weak subset'? More dogs go missing on July 4th than any other day because they're scared away by fireworks, douche.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 12:00 PM 06-30-2020
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco:
I understand your perspective. I get it. However, the feedback is the feedback. It cause issues in people's homes when its unexpected including their pets and the unique conditions that people have based on their life experiences.

I mean fireworks are believed to have burned down 250 acres yesterday in Colorado but that's another issue.
And nobody who's not in a very rural area should be firing off fireworks after midnight, in June.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 12:16 PM 06-30-2020
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
'Mentally weak subset'? More dogs go missing on July 4th than any other day because they're scared away by fireworks, douche.
Confirmation to me that there's a lot of shitty dog owners out there then.
[Reply]
Pogue 02:18 PM 06-30-2020
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Confirmation to me that there's a lot of shitty dog owners out there then.
In my community, people leave their dogs out at night and the bobcats/coyotes/mountain lions come down from the hills/mountains and eat their “cute little doggie” as a snack.

Given the frequency, you’d think they would take some precautions but nope. :-)
[Reply]
Titty Meat 02:36 PM 06-30-2020
I'm still going to blow shit up
[Reply]
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Up