ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2106 of 2688
« First < 1106160620062056209621022103210421052106 21072108210921102116215622062606 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
PurpleJesus28 11:40 AM 10-14-2021
Wasnt sure where i should post this,but anyway.Just heard a quote from Greg Cosell,i assume he's the son of Howard Cosell ? IDK. Josh Allen is the most physically gifted qb in the NFL.Not the best,just most physically gifted.His opinion,i guess.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:42 AM 10-14-2021
Teams are trying to make Patrick be Alex Smith by playing cover 2 and cover 3. He needs to be a good Alex Smith player when that happens and just fuck with those teams until they are forced to adjust to stop that.

Then when they do that he can go deep
[Reply]
Easy 6 11:49 AM 10-14-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Teams are trying to make Patrick be Alex Smith by playing cover 2 and cover 3. He needs to be a good Alex Smith player when that happens and just fuck with those teams until they are forced to adjust to stop that.

My reply would be the same as Detox has been saying... and that is, no amount of success underneath has done the trick with ANY opponent thus far

Mahomes is leading the league in QBR and they just don't give a damn, they're more than willing to allow 10-15 play drives... what they're seemingly NOT gonna allow is a huge quick strike play that swings momentum and fires our sideline up
[Reply]
DRM08 11:51 AM 10-14-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:

Josh Gordon is a big part of how to start beating the coverage, just like a healthy Sammy Watkins made a pretty big impact. Gordon barely played against Buffalo. Hopefully we begin to see more and more of him.
[Reply]
Best22 12:53 PM 10-14-2021
Originally Posted by PurpleJesus28:
Wasnt sure where i should post this,but anyway.Just heard a quote from Greg Cosell,i assume he's the son of Howard Cosell ? IDK. Josh Allen is the most physically gifted qb in the NFL.Not the best,just most physically gifted.His opinion,i guess.
Not really a hot take

Huge dude who is fast and has a rocket arm. People don’t look for much more, he checks all the basic physical boxes with an A+ grade
[Reply]
-King- 01:01 PM 10-14-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
My reply would be the same as Detox has been saying... and that is, no amount of success underneath has done the trick with ANY opponent thus far

Mahomes is leading the league in QBR and they just don't give a damn, they're more than willing to allow 10-15 play drives... what they're seemingly NOT gonna allow is a huge quick strike play that swings momentum and fires our sideline up
I mean like 90% of the underneath stuff still comes from Hill and Kelce. So it's not like we're forcing defenses to make a choice. We need our other WRs and RBs to be successful underneath. Then defenses have to make a choice between coving them and Kelce underneath or covering Tyreek deep.

Right now teams will let us have the underneath stuff with Hill because we're basically helping them out. So yeah we're having success but defenses are dictating how we can be successful. The defenses will keep guarding deep and if you have Tyreek run a short route, fine so be it. We need Gordon to be a Sammy Watkins player that forces them to defend the underneath and intermediate stuff and still have to worry about someone going deep.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 01:01 PM 10-14-2021
Originally Posted by PurpleJesus28:
Yeah, I'd even agree with the take.

Allen's got a stronger arm, IMO, probably 2 inches and 10-20 pounds on Mahomes as well. He's also faster.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 01:47 PM 10-14-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:

Allen's got a stronger arm, IMO, probably 2 inches and 10-20 pounds on Mahomes as well. He's also faster.

Allen did look foolish when he tried to do a Mahomes Superman throw parallel to ground but in Josh's case he threw it straight into the grass and was called for intentional grounding
[Reply]
Easy 6 02:25 PM 10-14-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
I mean like 90% of the underneath stuff still comes from Hill and Kelce. So it's not like we're forcing defenses to make a choice. We need our other WRs and RBs to be successful underneath. Then defenses have to make a choice between coving them and Kelce underneath or covering Tyreek deep.

Right now teams will let us have the underneath stuff with Hill because we're basically helping them out. So yeah we're having success but defenses are dictating how we can be successful. The defenses will keep guarding deep and if you have Tyreek run a short route, fine so be it. We need Gordon to be a Sammy Watkins player that forces them to defend the underneath and intermediate stuff and still have to worry about someone going deep.
I get the sense you're arguing with me, but I wouldn't disagree with what you're saying here... we desperately need Gordon to pick up where prime Watkins left off
[Reply]
Easy 6 02:25 PM 10-14-2021

All the rest is clearly true, but I take exception to the stronger arm part
[Reply]
ThaVirus 02:32 PM 10-14-2021
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Allen did look foolish when he tried to do a Mahomes Superman throw parallel to ground but in Josh's case he threw it straight into the grass and was called for intentional grounding
I think Mahomes has better arm talent overall (probably thanks to the baseball background), which is why his off platform and sidearm throws are rivaled only by Rodgers.

But as far as physical talent is concerned: Allen is bigger, stronger and faster. Mahomes is more refined and has better technique.

Originally Posted by Easy 6:
All the rest is clearly true, but I take exception to the stronger arm part
It's probably pretty close. I believe Mahomes claims he can throw 82 yards and he clearly has no issue putting some mustard on the heaters.

If I had to bet money on an arm strength throw off, I think I'd go with Allen.
[Reply]
Easy 6 02:40 PM 10-14-2021
If I had to bet money on an arm strength throw off, I think I'd go with Allen.

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:40 PM 10-14-2021
i am going to cry

[Reply]
Chiefspants 09:53 PM 10-14-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
i am going to cry

He's often looked like that after losses (even back to the Rams game), but it's hard to see him look like this after reading that article on turf toe today.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:56 PM 10-14-2021
No.

I have never seen that look on Patrick's face.
[Reply]
Page 2106 of 2688
« First < 1106160620062056209621022103210421052106 21072108210921102116215622062606 > Last »
Up