ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 17 of 167
« First < 71314151617 181920212767117 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Pets of Chiefs Planet
pr_capone 01:04 AM 10-22-2006
I know there are some animal lovers here.

Lets see whatcha got.

From left to right:

Suzy (Chow Mix)- 1.5 yrs old
Mandi (Long Haired Miniature Dachshund) - 13 years old
Angie (Dapple Haired Miniature Dachshunds) - 4 years old

Angie is the one that rides the motorcycle with me.
[Reply]
God of Thunder 10:01 PM 03-08-2009
Awesome, I for years was a one dog at a time person.....When my first shih tzu (bentley) grew older, we got another dog, a collie (named Logan, who passed away this past october). My logan was hands down the best dog ive ever had, and it made getting over bentley a little easier (not that I didn't love bentley), but when bentley passed, and logan was still a puppy (around 1 year), we had to get another dog because he was so depressed. So my mom wanted another shih tzu, so we got hollie. When logan passed away in October, I decided to go ahead and get another dog because I missed having "my" dog since the shih tzu was my moms.....if that makes sense.

I have truthfully been to the dog park once, with cooper. I absolutely loved it, and once he gets a tad older, we'll go back!! I was really unsure about the breed, but now im absolutely nuts about them!
[Reply]
DeezNutz 10:08 PM 03-08-2009
Aussies are the best. Owned them myself.

Not for the lazy. But if you'll put forth the effort to exercise them, there isn't a smarter, more loyal breed. Protective as well. One of my favorites.
[Reply]
btlook1 10:20 PM 03-08-2009
Heres one of our 5 labs.
Attached: Chief09a.JPG (195.8 KB) 
[Reply]
t3chiefs 10:21 PM 03-08-2009
I have an Australian Blue Healer. He is about 10 years of age now. Getting grumpy too! But still as playful as ever. He doesn't care if he's about to die tired, he will play fetch!

Blue Healers are a very smart, playful, loyal, and protective dog, just like the Red Healers. Will not cuddle with you for more than 3 minutes. Blue Healers hate, and I mean absolutely HATE, their feet being touched. I would recommend them to any one looking for a dog.

I also have a very fat Tabby Cat. She is the official paper wait of the house. She will give up a nice comfortable, soft blanket for papers on the hard-wood floor!

I also have an Australian Cattle dog at my grandfathers house. Very playful, but often not as smart as my Blue Healer. Great breed for cuddling with.
[Reply]
God of Thunder 11:14 PM 03-08-2009
Here are pictures of Logan.

RIP

[Reply]
MadMax 01:18 AM 03-09-2009
Originally Posted by pr_capone:
I know there are some animal lovers here.

Lets see whatcha got.

Keely (Red Heeler) as a 6 week old pup

Keely at 3 months

Keely at 6 months - She is posing in my office :P

RIP Keely

03-25-06 to 05-05-08

Im sorry Keely is no longer with you
:-) Beautiful dog.
[Reply]
EyePod 05:45 AM 03-09-2009
I'm not trying to rehash any old fights or anything, but did anyone see SLAG's "wife" on the 1st page of this thread? She looks to be about 14 years old!! Anyone know anything about this?

Here's the link to his post:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showp...8&postcount=14
[Reply]
tooge 07:05 AM 03-09-2009
Originally Posted by EyePod:
I'm not trying to rehash any old fights or anything, but did anyone see SLAG's "wife" on the 1st page of this thread? She looks to be about 14 years old!! Anyone know anything about this?

Here's the link to his post:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showp...8&postcount=14
her age doesnt' concern me, rather it is the blue arms. She Ok?
[Reply]
jiveturkey 07:22 AM 03-09-2009
The king of the castle.

The big bitch.

[Reply]
Radar Chief 07:27 AM 03-09-2009
Rhetta.
She’s a Catahoula.

Originally Posted by Wiki:
History
One theory as to the origins of the breed states that the Catahoula is thought to have descended from "war dogs" (Mastiffs and Greyhounds) brought to Louisiana by Hernando de Soto in the 16th century. Dogs left behind by the explorer's party were interbred by the local natives with their domestic dogs.
The idea that Native Americans bred their dogs with or from red wolves is not supported by recent DNA work. Several recent studies,[5] have looked at the remains of prehistoric dogs from American archaeological sites and each has indicated that the genetics of prehistoric American dogs are similar to European and Asian domestic dogs rather than wild New World canids. In fact, these studies indicate that Native Americans brought several lines (breeds) of already domesticated dogs with them on their journeys from Asia to North America.[6].
There is a plethora of published sources detailing the domestic dogs found in prehistoric archaeological sites[7]. Clearly, the red wolf was not the only canid located in the Mississippi River Valley before the arrival of Europeans. There were also foxes and grey wolves as well as various domesticated Native American breeds.[8][9][10][11][12]
In the 1800s, French settlers arrived in Louisiana with their Beauceron. They told of strange looking dogs with haunting glass eyes that were used by the Indians to hunt game in the swamp.[13] It is thought the Beauceron and Red Wolf/war dog were interbred to produce the Catahoula. The word 'Catahoula' is actually a combination of two Choctaw words 'okhata', meaning lake, and 'hullo', meaning beloved... or a French transformation of the Choctaw Indian word for their own nation, 'Couthaougoula' pronounced 'Coot-ha-oo-goo-la'.(Don Abney)
Jim Bowie and brother Rezin Bowie, who spent much of their youth in Catahoula Parish are reported to have owned a pair of Catahoulas. It was said that they would sleep with a Catahoula at their feet.[14][15] During the early 1900s, Teddy Roosevelt used the Catahoula when hunting. Louisiana Governor Earl K. Long had an interest in the breed and collected them.[15]
In 1979, Governor Edwin Edwards signed a bill making the Catahoula the official state dog of Louisiana in recognition of their importance in the history of the region.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catahoula_Leopard_Dog

This is her making herself at home when we got her from Castaways.

http://www.castawaysanimalshelter.org/aboutus.html
Attached: S6301017.jpg (68.8 KB) S6301016.jpg (87.4 KB) 
[Reply]
TrebMaxx 07:40 AM 03-09-2009
Here are my two mongrels, trying to look all innocent after the great sofa pillow kill.
Attached: smDog5.JPG (78.8 KB) smdog3.JPG (75.1 KB) 
[Reply]
R&GHomer 08:00 AM 03-09-2009

[Reply]
Radar Chief 08:06 AM 03-09-2009
Originally Posted by TrebMaxx:
Here are my two mongrels, trying to look all innocent after the great sofa pillow kill.
:-) I feel your pain.
Rhetta went through a phase where she was incredibly destructive.
She even got into a couple of MiniRadar’s Christmas presents we had hidden in the back room.
[Reply]
Bob Dole 09:19 AM 03-09-2009
Bob Dole got tricked into another rescue dog last October. Unfortunately, she thinks my 10 year old, 5 pound chi is a chewtoy.
Attached: Alley March 09.jpg (42.6 KB) 
[Reply]
mikeyis4dcats. 10:09 AM 03-09-2009
Barker, our 18 pound Yorkie.

From dogs

From dogs

From Barker

From Barker

From Barker

From Barker

From Barker

From dogs

From barker
From barker

We also own his mother, a 7 pounder. Daddy was 5 pounds. I guess being the only pup has it's advantages!

From dogs

[Reply]
Page 17 of 167
« First < 71314151617 181920212767117 > Last »
Up