ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3117 of 3903
« First < 2117261730173067310731133114311531163117 31183119312031213127316732173617 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Donger 10:37 AM 11-14-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Yeah I don't know what Trump has to do with any of it but the report from the CDC is the report from the CDC. I have seen a lot of "media" try to split hairs on the whole thing and that's right up Donger's alley.

So while the report says "that doesn't mean they were wearing them properly", it also doesn't say they weren't.
I didn't post that because of politics. I posted that because of this:

The CDC study, which was released in September, did not say that 85% of all people who wear masks get infected with the coronavirus. In fact, it did not even attempt to figure out what percentage of people who wear a mask get infected with the coronavirus

"The data suggest that among a group of patients who are already showing symptoms that prompted them to get testing for the virus, there was no statistical evidence of a difference in mask wearing behavior between those who tested positive and those who tested negative," Lindsell said in an email. "This is very different from the question of whether wearing masks prevents you becoming infected with the virus, and it is also different to the question of how many or what percentage of people who wear masks contract the virus. The study was not designed to answer these questions."

And you claimed this:

85% of cases are people who wore masks all the time

So, I was just making a correction. That's it.
[Reply]
petegz28 10:41 AM 11-14-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
I didn't post that because of politics. I posted that because of this:

The CDC study, which was released in September, did not say that 85% of all people who wear masks get infected with the coronavirus. In fact, it did not even attempt to figure out what percentage of people who wear a mask get infected with the coronavirus

"The data suggest that among a group of patients who are already showing symptoms that prompted them to get testing for the virus, there was no statistical evidence of a difference in mask wearing behavior between those who tested positive and those who tested negative," Lindsell said in an email. "This is very different from the question of whether wearing masks prevents you becoming infected with the virus, and it is also different to the question of how many or what percentage of people who wear masks contract the virus. The study was not designed to answer these questions."

And you claimed this:

85% of cases are people who wore masks all the time

So, I was just making a correction. That's it.
You aren't correcting anything...

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/cd...ty-wore-masks/

Originally Posted by :
What's True
Nearly three-quarters of people interviewed in a non-peer-reviewed study conducted by the CDC said that they had worn a mask or cloth face covering while in public in the weeks leading up to their COVID-19 diagnosis. The report concluded that although people were wearing masks, that does not mean they were wearing them properly, and that "masks cannot be effectively worn while eating and drinking, whereas shopping and numerous other indoor activities do not preclude mask use."

What's False
The CDC report did not suggest that masks and face coverings are ineffective at preventing the spread of COVID-19.

[Reply]
Donger 10:43 AM 11-14-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
You aren't correcting anything...

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/cd...ty-wore-masks/
You said "all the time," pete. As you just proved, they weren't. And:

Mostly False

The end.
[Reply]
petegz28 10:44 AM 11-14-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
You said "all the time," pete. As you just proved, they weren't.

The end.
Okay, Donger....
[Reply]
TLO 04:34 PM 11-14-2020
I may have asked this before, but what are thoughts on Ivermectin as a treatment option?
[Reply]
TLO 06:14 PM 11-14-2020
Ho-Lee-Fuk

Unexpected detection of SARS-CoV-2 antibodies in the prepandemic period in Italy

https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/10....00891620974755

Originally Posted by :
Abstract
There are no robust data on the real onset of severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) infection and spread in the prepandemic period worldwide. We investigated the presence of SARS-CoV-2 receptor-binding domain (RBD)–specific antibodies in blood samples of 959 asymptomatic individuals enrolled in a prospective lung cancer screening trial between September 2019 and March 2020 to track the date of onset, frequency, and temporal and geographic variations across the Italian regions. SARS-CoV-2 RBD-specific antibodies were detected in 111 of 959 (11.6%) individuals, starting from September 2019 (14%), with a cluster of positive cases (>30%) in the second week of February 2020 and the highest number (53.2%) in Lombardy. This study shows an unexpected very early circulation of SARS-CoV-2 among asymptomatic individuals in Italy several months before the first patient was identified, and clarifies the onset and spread of the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) pandemic. Finding SARS-CoV-2 antibodies in asymptomatic people before the COVID-19 outbreak in Italy may reshape the history of pandemic.

[Reply]
KCUnited 06:16 PM 11-14-2020
We're back to long lines around [insert any Target or Costco type of business] here in Chicago
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 06:18 PM 11-14-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
Ho-Lee-Fuk

Unexpected detection of SARS-CoV-2 antibodies in the prepandemic period in Italy

I would be skeptical of that claim without knowing the specificity of the antibody test they were using.
[Reply]
farmerchief 06:49 PM 11-14-2020
I may have asked this before, but what are thoughts on Ivermectin as a treatment option?
I hope it’s valid, as I’ve splashed enough ivermectin on my hands and arms through the years doctoring cattle, it should help my resistance.:-)
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 08:52 PM 11-14-2020
Ho-Lee-Fuk

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
"SARS-CoV-2 detected in waste waters in Barcelona on March 12, 2019"

[Reply]
Katipan 11:49 PM 11-14-2020
We saw some weird "flu" outbreaks within our stores in December. Some of us slept for 3 days, 1 of us was in the hospital on oxygen. But most of us were sick at some level.

Theres been no COVID outbreak in any of our stores in 2020. Even when we were budtending in the street with no masks on.

I don't pretend to know when this shit came here. But I do know that I've had 2 husbands, and 4 kids and that was the most sleep any of them have ever let me have.
[Reply]
arrowheadnation 12:42 AM 11-15-2020
Had a family member message me to let me and my dad (who is currently undergoing cancer treatment) know when they were having Thanksgiving. I replied and said thanks, but we're not going anywhere until we get the vaccine. I received the following reply: Well, we're looking forward to seeing you again once you stop letting the government control you. That rushed vaccine will probably kill you before the China virus does. I just replied, Happy Thanksgiving to you too.
[Reply]
kcxiv 12:55 AM 11-15-2020
Originally Posted by arrowheadnation:
Had a family member message me to let me and my dad (who is currently undergoing cancer treatment) know when they were having Thanksgiving. I replied and said thanks, but we're not going anywhere until we get the vaccine. I received the following reply: Well, we're looking forward to seeing you again once you stop letting the government control you. That rushed vaccine will probably kill you before the China virus does. I just replied, Happy Thanksgiving to you too.
lol, i wouldnt have replied back like that, but thats just me. My dad is a type 2 diabetic and has had heart issues! So for me, i would have said a few choice NSFW words.
[Reply]
C3HIEF3S 08:09 AM 11-15-2020
Originally Posted by arrowheadnation:
That’d be the last of my interaction with that family member.
[Reply]
loochy 08:26 AM 11-15-2020
Originally Posted by C3HIEF3S:
That’d be the last of my interaction with that family member.
So you'd cut out a family member based on differing opinions? WTF is wrong with you?
[Reply]
Page 3117 of 3903
« First < 2117261730173067310731133114311531163117 31183119312031213127316732173617 > Last »
Up