ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2114 of 3903
« First < 1114161420142064210421102111211221132114 211521162117211821242164221426143114 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
BleedingRed 09:50 AM 05-19-2020
Originally Posted by jackkked:
I found this on the SanDiegoCounty.gov website this morning, not sure if all municipalities offer such information or not, but for those that are interested in knowing what is really going on, it could be useful.
Again,

Over and over again, the Deaths for COVID are overwhelmingly those aged 70+
[Reply]
Marcellus 09:54 AM 05-19-2020
Originally Posted by jackkked:
I found this on the SanDiegoCounty.gov website this morning, not sure if all municipalities offer such information or not, but for those that are interested in knowing what is really going on, it could be useful.
Average age of death in SanDiego County is 78.....
[Reply]
BleedingRed 09:55 AM 05-19-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Average age of death in SanDiego County is 78.....
Average age for all of Italy was 81......
[Reply]
TLO 09:56 AM 05-19-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
If you want to look at a good model use this one. They have been pretty much spot on the whole time

https://covid19-projections.com/#view-projections
This is where I've been looking lately.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...asting-us.html
[Reply]
Monticore 09:57 AM 05-19-2020
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Again,

Over and over again, the Deaths for COVID are overwhelmingly those aged 70+
Again,

We know that , it doesn't change the fact a lot of people have family and friends in their 70s and many of then are very active and contribute to the economy, some contribute even more than healthy young people.
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 09:59 AM 05-19-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
Again,

We know that , it doesn't change the fact a lot of people have family and friends in their 70s and many of then are very active and contribute to the economy, some contribute even more than healthy young people.
It’s certainly much easier for them to contribute to the stay at home order than the rest of us still working. That’s for sure. If you haven’t accepted the fact that your 70+ year old relatives are going to die soon then I don’t really know what needs to happen to wake you up to the way the world works
[Reply]
Marcellus 10:01 AM 05-19-2020
Average age for all of Italy was 81......
The other thing people ignore is cause of death for other illness is going to drop, its undeniable. If someone with heart disease dies from this but would have died from heart disease say a year later, we will see a drop in deaths from other illness, its just a matter of time. This has just accelerated the timeline for a number of people.

Its something that needs to be considered looking at the big picture.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 10:02 AM 05-19-2020
Again,

Changes the fact that young people shouldn't be kept inside, we are not dealing with something that kills young people. atleast not in the number you would need to justify keeping everyone locked up.
[Reply]
Monticore 10:06 AM 05-19-2020
Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED:
It’s certainly much easier for them to contribute to the stay at home order than the rest of us still working. That’s for sure. If you haven’t accepted the fact that your 70+ year old relatives are going to die soon then I don’t really know what needs to happen to wake you up to the way the world works
I have no problems with people dying , working in a hospital I think I have become desensitized to it to some extent , but my kids would not deal with it the same way I would but I understand it is part of life, there is also a difference between 70 and 85 especially when they are fairly healthy .

I have no problems with starting to open up as long as people still take some precautions so those at risk have better odds, the more people that get infected whether young or old it increases their risks.
[Reply]
Marcellus 10:08 AM 05-19-2020
I have no problems with people dying , working in a hospital I think I have become desensitized to it to some extent , but my kids would not deal with it the same way I would but understand it is part of life, there is also a difference between 70 and 85 when especially when they are fairly healthy .

I have no problems with starting to open up as long as people still take some precautions so those at risk have better odds, the more people that get infected whether young or old it increases their risks.
I wonder if this will have any effect on how people view their health and will possibly work to be more of a healthy individual moving forward.
[Reply]
Monticore 10:08 AM 05-19-2020
Changes the fact that young people shouldn't be kept inside, we are not dealing with something that kills young people. atleast not in the number you would need to justify keeping everyone locked up.
I don't want people locked up but it would be nice if the young and healthy still took the people at risk under consideration even though they don't think it can affect them.
[Reply]
Monticore 10:09 AM 05-19-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
I wonder if this will have any effect on how people view their health and will possibly work to be more of a healthy individual moving forward.
Doctors have been promoting a healthy lifestyle since the beginning of time , we are not that smart .so the government would have to ban smoking , alcohol, refined sugar, high fructose corn syrup , fast food etc ..
[Reply]
BleedingRed 10:13 AM 05-19-2020
I don't want people locked up but it would be nice if the young and healthy still took the people at risk under consideration even though they don't think it can affect them.
Sure,

But all you have to do is look at a couple states in our country to know that is not how they are approaching it.
[Reply]
Monticore 10:15 AM 05-19-2020
Sure,

But all you have to do is look at a couple states in our country to know that is not how they are approaching it.
Because time and time again people can't always be trusted to make the right choice when it comes to other people.

We had to officially ban smoking in hospitals/indoors etc.. because of our innate selfishness .
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 10:19 AM 05-19-2020
I have no problems with people dying , working in a hospital I think I have become desensitized to it to some extent , but my kids would not deal with it the same way I would but understand it is part of life, there is also a difference between 70 and 85 when especially when they are fairly healthy .

If they’re fairly healthy then they’ll probably be in the large percentage of people who survive this. Not every old person is dying. In fact there was the Italian guy that survived this and the Spanish flu (edit: didn’t contract Spanish flu, was just alive during it). The fact is we can try to avoid death as much as we want, but we’re ultimately not in control of that. For you to project that your relatives could live to 85 is a bonus considering the average lifespan is still below 72. For the average age of death in both San Diego and Italy to be well over that number is pretty astounding. Makes you realize why more places aren’t breaking down the numbers like that. It definitely makes the virus seem a lot less apocalyptic
[Reply]
Page 2114 of 3903
« First < 1114161420142064210421102111211221132114 211521162117211821242164221426143114 > Last »
Up