ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1613 of 3903
« First < 613111315131563160316091610161116121613 161416151616161716231663171321132613 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
ghak99 12:04 PM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
I'm very interested to see what % actually test positive out of this group.

I've never been inside one of these plants, all I have to go off of is stuff I read on Facebook, (not exactly the most reliable of sources, but that's all I've got).

The accounts I've read make it sound like people are packed in there like sardines..social distancing is impossible. And when you have 3000 people in one plant - it sounds like the perfect breeding ground for the virus.

I'd be surprised if the total doesn't come out to somewhere between 300-500 infected. I might be on the low end with that guess.
I've been in way too many. Some food processing areas they are indeed standing shoulder to shoulder while others are much more mechanical and the workers are scattered farther apart. Cool damp conditions with no natural light probably doesn't help.

The break rooms, lunch rooms, and locker rooms are ofter the bigger issue. It's also not uncommon for immigrants to live a dozen to a house at home. Many of the immigrants and their children often live and die by fake news and rumors, which in this case could be a positive if you could scare them into a theory that would actually protect themselves. On the other side of that tendency would be when they all call in sick at the same time out of fear.

Just a random fact, but this week's expected fat cattle slaughter is ~25% below last year this week.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 12:06 PM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by ghak99:
I quit making posts about the packer issues, but lets just say it is every where and the list of plants running at half staff is quite lengthy. Every day a new batch of processing location rumors come out and a few days later the plants make moves that admit the issues exist.

Very little of this info is making headlines beyond the groups who stand to lose massive amounts of money soon.
How many days until the shelves stop getting restocked?
[Reply]
Donger 12:07 PM 04-24-2020
https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/23/healt...rnd/index.html
[Reply]
ghak99 12:31 PM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
How many days until the shelves stop getting restocked?
No one is talking about this. Which is a tell in itself, but it's hard to sort it all out. Everyone seems to believe they can keep the spout flowing just enough to keep the pool from going dry.

It's often easier to read their actions than their words though. The pack pulled all of their owned and contracted inventory forward in the last month. Some of those animals were 2-3 months out, which makes it basically unheard of. Meanwhile, they left independent producers out in the cold and weren't even offering bids. That alone tells me they were scared shitless that it would all come to a full stop very soon. Now that they've mitigated their risk, they're suddenly worried about their workers. How convenient.

Right now, 1 out of 4 steers isn't getting killed that should be. That's pretty basic math that anyone can run with. It depends on the region, but it can take 7-14 days to go from hoof to meat case.

I'd also like to mention they are making record profits on the product they're shipping out while producers are preparing for record losses. The US has an oligarchy issue that's influenced by a corrupt multinational company that they need to deal with after this mess clears out.
[Reply]
TLO 01:01 PM 04-24-2020
Missouri DHSS numbers yesterday

Cases in Missouri: 6,321

Total Deaths: 218

Patients tested in Missouri (by all labs): approximately 64,903

Missouri numbers today

Cases in Missouri: 6,625

Total Deaths: 262

Patients tested in Missouri (by all labs): approximately 64,903 (not yet updated for 4/24/20)

As of 2:00 p.m. CT, April 24
[Reply]
TLO 01:02 PM 04-24-2020
At least DHSS finally caught up with other sites.
[Reply]
petegz28 01:14 PM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
At least DHSS finally caught up with other sites.
Well 3 weeks ago Mo was 28th in total cases. 2 weeks ago they moved up to 21st and today they fall back to 22nd. So things at least are going the right way.
[Reply]
O.city 01:34 PM 04-24-2020
No one is talking about this. Which is a tell in itself, but it's hard to sort it all out. Everyone seems to believe they can keep the spout flowing just enough to keep the pool from going dry.

It's often easier to read their actions than their words though. The pack pulled all of their owned and contracted inventory forward in the last month. Some of those animals were 2-3 months out, which makes it basically unheard of. Meanwhile, they left independent producers out in the cold and weren't even offering bids. That alone tells me they were scared shitless that it would all come to a full stop very soon. Now that they've mitigated their risk, they're suddenly worried about their workers. How convenient.

Right now, 1 out of 4 steers isn't getting killed that should be. That's pretty basic math that anyone can run with. It depends on the region, but it can take 7-14 days to go from hoof to meat case.

I'd also like to mention they are making record profits on the product they're shipping out while producers are preparing for record losses. The US has an oligarchy issue that's influenced by a corrupt multinational company that they need to deal with after this mess clears out.
So is it inevitable that all the plants end up shut down at some point?
[Reply]
Donger 01:39 PM 04-24-2020
I've been in way too many. Some food processing areas they are indeed standing shoulder to shoulder while others are much more mechanical and the workers are scattered farther apart. Cool damp conditions with no natural light probably doesn't help.

The break rooms, lunch rooms, and locker rooms are ofter the bigger issue. It's also not uncommon for immigrants to live a dozen to a house at home. Many of the immigrants and their children often live and die by fake news and rumors, which in this case could be a positive if you could scare them into a theory that would actually protect themselves. On the other side of that tendency would be when they all call in sick at the same time out of fear.

Just a random fact, but this week's expected fat cattle slaughter is ~25% below last year this week.
Any input on this?

https://www.wsj.com/articles/grocers...ts-11587679833
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 01:45 PM 04-24-2020
So, whose turn is it to argue with pete this Monday about the case numbers?
[Reply]
TLO 01:47 PM 04-24-2020
Another quick note from DHSS for those following MO numbers.

Originally Posted by :
New numbers from the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services show 262 people have died from coronavirus in Missouri while 6,625 have tested positive.

State health officials said the spike in new cases does not reflect an increase in the past 24 to 48 hours. The state said the cases were recorded between April 16-22 but due to a technical glitch at a commercial lab they were just added today.

The increase in deaths reported on Friday occured from April 12-22.

Of the deaths, 100 have been people 80 years of age or older; 70 were in their 70s; 56 were in their 60s and 27 were in their 50s. Nine of the deaths were patients under the age of 50.

[Reply]
petegz28 01:50 PM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
So, whose turn is it to argue with pete this Monday about the case numbers?
Now why you gotta go there? Just for that I say it's yours.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 01:50 PM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Now why you gotta go there? Just for that I say it's yours.
It's not my turn in the rotation yet. I did it two weeks ago.
[Reply]
TLO 01:53 PM 04-24-2020
I nominate Donger.
[Reply]
petegz28 01:54 PM 04-24-2020
Too bad you opened your mouth. And just to be clear are we going to argue about just Sunday's numbers or both Sunday Monday's numbers? It seems to switch based on where the goal posts need to be moved at the time.
[Reply]
Page 1613 of 3903
« First < 613111315131563160316091610161116121613 161416151616161716231663171321132613 > Last »
Up