ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 133 of 3903
« First < 3383123129130131132133 1341351361371431832336331133 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
ModSocks 03:48 PM 03-11-2020
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:

Cancelling schools, events, and other large gatherings is really the most effective option which we are seeing done all over the place now. Whether you think it’s an appropriate response or not is another question.
And if any of these cancellations were effective in limiting the spread of infection, we'd never know about it.

And then the naysayers would be here with the, "See that was totally unnecessary".

This virus will inevitably pass with most of us gone unaffected. So of course they'll be here with the, "See! total over reaction".
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 03:50 PM 03-11-2020
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
lmao

This thread is full of people saying its horrible, worse thing ever. But I can't seem to find the Swine Flu Thread. Weird
Who said that?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 03:50 PM 03-11-2020
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
I mean how are we going to stop China from lying? Our own government cut travel very early. I don't know what they have LIED about.
:-)

Just a few of the many..... 0 cases in a few days. Millions of test kits are available last week. Just go ask your doctor for a test and you can get one. Everything has been perfect. This is contained. Etc. etc.

The White House and everyone who worked there mocked and made fun of anyone who voiced concern 2 weeks ago. That’s not going to age well.

They fired and eliminated the whole pandemic department. Having those health care professionals on the job about right now would be good for America.
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:50 PM 03-11-2020
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Great.

Why are bars and restaurants still open?
Why are you asking stupid questions?
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 03:51 PM 03-11-2020
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Why are you asking stupid questions?
Tap out acknowledged, cunt
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:52 PM 03-11-2020
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Who said that?
Yeah, it seems to me that the real over reaction is by those who think everyone else is over reacting.
[Reply]
suzzer99 03:52 PM 03-11-2020
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
People that keep taking about how great other places are doing with testing are being fooled into how much it matters. Testing makes no difference in the transfer of the virus unless people actually follow through and stay home or are forced to do so. I am happy if people that need to go the hospital get tested and the more available for them the better, but acting like it’s a government failure or scandal to not run around testing everyone or having testing stations for the purposes of distorting the numbers is just hysteria.

Think about the numbers posted for South Korea. They have tested almost 200,000 people which sounds like a lot, but that is only 0.4% of the population. Think about how small that number is. In a group of 10,000 people, 40 would be tested. Do those tests give you any confidence to stand in that group? Does anyone really think that minuscule number is a major reason why they are having success? It’s a small contributor at best as I’m sure there are clusters where a larger percentage are tested and more information is nice about who is getting it and in what ways, but still unless they don’t have the chance of passing it on it doesn’t really matter they got tested.

Cancelling schools, events, and other large gatherings is really the most effective option which we are seeing done all over the place now. Whether you think it’s an appropriate response or not is another question.
Testing absolutely makes a difference. It lets you know where the hotpots are so you can focus more efforts cleaning or shutting things down, etc.

That father in St. Louis took his daughter to the dance while they were still waiting for the test. He said if they knew she was positive he wouldn't' have went. His wife went out shopping and got her nails done. How many times does that repeat across the country because people with symptoms can't get tested?

S. Korea is controlling this thing. Aggressive testing is the biggest thing they're doing. It's crazy to think that isn't playing a huge role in their relative success so far vs. other countries that aren't aggressively testing.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 03:53 PM 03-11-2020
can't keep up on this thread
[Reply]
ShowtimeSBMVP 03:54 PM 03-11-2020

NCAA source to me: “Things are moving quickly. Right now, it’s no fans. But we don’t know where this is headed. There have been discussions about canceling or postponing the NCAA Tournament, but we’re hoping it doesn’t get to that point.”

— Jeff Goodman (@GoodmanHoops) March 11, 2020

[Reply]
ModSocks 03:54 PM 03-11-2020
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Tap out acknowledged, cunt
Go sit on a Coronadick, dipshit.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 03:54 PM 03-11-2020
Yeah, it seems to me that the real over reaction is by those who think everyone else is over reacting.
*Clears throat*

Whataboutism
[Reply]
BleedingRed 03:55 PM 03-11-2020
Go sit on a Coronadick, dipshit.
I don't know if it can be transferred through sex........
[Reply]
dirk digler 03:55 PM 03-11-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Testing absolutely makes a difference. It lets you know where the hotpots are so you can focus more efforts cleaning or shutting things down, etc.

That father in St. Louis took his daughter to the dance while they were still waiting for the test. He said if they knew she was positive he wouldn't' have went. His wife went out shopping and got her nails done. How many times does that repeat across the country because people with symptoms can't get tested?

S. Korea is controlling this thing. Aggressive testing is the biggest thing they're doing. It's crazy to think that isn't playing a huge role in their relative success so far vs. other countries that aren't aggressively testing.
While I agree with you we need a quantum leap in testing that family never should have left quarantine. That is their fault only fucking idiots.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 03:55 PM 03-11-2020
Trump to address nation tonight at 9:00PM
[Reply]
Fish 03:55 PM 03-11-2020
University of Missouri suspends in-person classes because of coronavirus concerns

COLUMBIA, Mo. — The University of Missouri announced it has suspended classes beginning at 5 p.m. Wednesday and classes will remain out of session through Sunday because of concern for the coronavirus, MU Chancellor Alexander N. Cartwright said.

“During that time, faculty are instructed to put in place their plans to deliver instruction remotely,” Cartwright said. “Existing online classes will continue as originally scheduled.”

Mizzou said during the week of March 16-20 classes will be held remotely with plans to resume in-person classes following spring break on Monday, March 30.

Mizzou said all nonessential university events will be cancelled until March 29, but necessary small meetings and athletic events will be allowed.
[Reply]
Page 133 of 3903
« First < 3383123129130131132133 1341351361371431832336331133 > Last »
Up