ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 56 of 64
« First < 6465253545556 57585960 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Lamar Jackson wasn't, isn't, and never will be better than Patrick Mahomes
Wallcrawler 09:14 AM 01-16-2020
This "Lamar Jackson is in the same league as Mahomes" nonsense on every football related show I see needs to stop.

Lamar Jackson, on the biggest stage, has now shit down his leg in both opportunities. Lamar is a player who has to have everything around him working perfectly to have success. Put him down 2 scores and ask him to carry the team, he cannot answer the bell.

There's a big difference between a running quarterback, and a quarterback who can run. Lamar Jackson and The Ravens ran 88 plays and put up 12 points.

Jackson attempted 59 passes, only threw one touchdown, but also threw two picks and lost a fumble. 12 points on 59 pass attempts should tell you all you need to know about Lamar as a QB when the lights are the brightest.

Nobody would bat an eye if before the game, soneone told us Pat would put the ball up 59 times. Matter of fact, id be pretty excited to see how many points and yards he would put up in that span of plays.

When things got bad for both QBs, you saw the odds on favorite to win the MVP this year get visible frustrated, press, and ultimately fold. He was nowhere to be seen trying to work out what was happening, rallying his team, he simply pouted on the sideline as his team fell further behind.

The reigning MVP had literally no quit. Its one thing to say after the fact, that we had faith all along, its quite another for that to be true.

Down 24, think about that for a moment. 24. Mahomes is captured, in that moment on the sideline saying we have everything we want. Everyones already counted us the **** out, so go do something special.

Then, to walk the walk after talking the talk, leading the team to 7 straight touchdowns and 8 scoring drives, throwing 5 touchdown passes, and displaying a fiery emotion that if you dont feel anything when you see this kid going nuts after a huge play, call the coroner, because youre already dead.

The two qbs could not be further apart. Jackson cannot hold Mahomes jock when it comes to putting the team on his back.

Lamar should consider signing with KC as a running back. Its the only way barring injury to Mahomes, that hes ever getting a ring.

Mahomes is the MVP. Its not even close. Lamar is a running back executing the halfback pass play about 20-25 times a game.

Jacksons first two years have ended with dud playoff performances.

Mahomes first two years as a starter sees his team hosting back to back AFC title games for a frachise that in its entire history never hosted a single one before he arrived.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:45 PM 01-29-2024
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:
Insane stat, since 2013 the Ravens are 0-24 when trailing by 10 or more at half. So not only is Lamar not equipped to play from behind talent wise, he was drafted onto a culture that sucked at playing from behind for 4 -5 years already.

Gotta take a good look at Harbaugh on that front. A frontrunner team that collapses when they get punched in the mouth?

Lamar is never gonna be the guy to bring you back 2 scores with his arm against a defense pinning their ears back.
Mahomes is 16-11 in such games and I believe 8-2 in the playoffs.

I don't understand how people ever thought these guys were near the same plane. They are simply different levels of player.

Brock Purdy has shown me more in the post-season and in tough game scripts than Lamar Jackson. If the Ravens defense doesn't completely dominate, Baltimore loses.
[Reply]
frozenchief 12:50 PM 01-30-2024
Scott Kacsmar wrote an interesting column about Sunday's games. Heavy on an analytical perspective, he noted that Lamar:

Lamar was 1-3 against the high-flying Chiefs of 2018-21, only winning in 2021 against their worst defense in a game where he still threw multiple picks and needed CEH to fumble in game-winning field goal territory.

Lamar is 3-14 against playoff teams that score more than 21 points against his team.

Why more than 21? Mahomes led the Chiefs to at least 22 points in 15-of-16 career playoff games before Sunday.

Why not include 21 points? Because scoring 21 points is a below-average scoring figure for every NFL season since 2007.

Finally, Lamar was 0-3 in the playoffs when teams scored more than 13 points, already losing 23-17 to the Chargers and 17-3 to Buffalo in a game where he threw a pick-six.

He doesn't come right out and say it (well, he almost does) but it's clear he thinks that Lamar is a decent QB who happens to play on a team with a great defense. You talk about damning Lamar with faint praise. He points out that in EVERY year that Lamar makes the playoffs, Lamar leads his offense to his lowest point total of the season. Further, this is Lamar's 4th wire-to-wire loss in the playoffs. A wire-to-wire loss is a loss in which the QB's team never leads.

Kacsmar doesn't say it but Lamar really is a running back who is playing at the QB position.

Article is here:

https://captaincomeback.blog/2024/01...ionship-games/

It's well worth a read. Started perusing his website and it looks worth examining in more detail.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 01:07 PM 01-30-2024
Lamar can't throw a good ball
Allen can't maintain control of the ball
Burrow can't stay on the field to even touch the ball
Next
[Reply]
seamonster 01:14 PM 01-30-2024
People were astounded that the Ravens put the ball into the hands of the 2023 MVP in a playoff game. Meanwhile Christian McAffery is rolling in the playoffs, catching passes and playing on a busted shoulder and a tweaked hamstring.
[Reply]
Eleazar 01:21 PM 01-30-2024
It's plain to see he isn't good enough. It's not like Jackson is a rookie, he's started 92 games in the league and is the same age as Mahomes.

As his physical talents start to decline with age his deficiencies as a passer are going to become more prominent, not less. This year was probably his chance.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 01:24 PM 01-30-2024
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:
Insane stat, since 2013 the Ravens are 0-24 when trailing by 10 or more at half. So not only is Lamar not equipped to play from behind talent wise, he was drafted onto a culture that sucked at playing from behind for 4 -5 years already.

Gotta take a good look at Harbaugh on that front. A frontrunner team that collapses when they get punched in the mouth?

Lamar is never gonna be the guy to bring you back 2 scores with his arm against a defense pinning their ears back.
Huh? I swear he came back from a big deficit and beat us in Baltimore. I don't think that stat is right.

Chiefs lead 35 to 24 in the 3rd and lost 36 35 but they weren't up by 10 at the half so it is kind if a misleading stat. So at least in that game he did do just that
[Reply]
DRM08 01:27 PM 01-30-2024
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni:
Huh? I swear he came back from a big deficit and beat us in Baltimore. I don't think that stat is right.

Chiefs lead 35 to 24 in the 3rd and lost 36 35 but they weren't up by 10 at the half so it is kind if a misleading stat.i
It was 21-17 at halftime. The stat he mentioned is the Ravens have 0 wins trailing by 10+ points at halftime in particular.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 01:28 PM 01-30-2024
Originally Posted by DRM08:
It was 21-17 at halftime. The stat he mentioned is the Ravens have 0 wins trailing by 10+ points at halftime in particular.
Well yeah. But it's a misleading stat to make it seem they have never come back from double digits down in the 2nd half.
[Reply]
DRM08 01:30 PM 01-30-2024
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni:
Well yeah. But it's a misleading stat.
It’s pretty mindblowing though. Something ain’t right with Harbaugh’s coaching that he seems to be such a frontrunner.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 01:33 PM 01-30-2024
It’s pretty mindblowing though. Something ain’t right with Harbaugh’s coaching that he seems to be such a frontrunner.
Lamar is terrible I'm pure drop back situations. He needs that threat of the running game. In that game they came back on us they didn't give up on the run if I remember right. It was insane how much pressure us scoring on the first 2 drives put on them.

Spags blitzed the fuck out of him all game and they didn't mix in any 2nd down runs to hold him back.
[Reply]
KCJake 02:02 PM 01-30-2024
If you had to win a game tomorrow, there's 10+ other quarterbacks in this league you'd rather have. How this guy keeps getting compared to Mahomes and keeps winning MVP's is beyond me
[Reply]
DRM08 02:10 PM 01-30-2024
Originally Posted by KCJake:
If you had to win a game tomorrow, there's 10+ other quarterbacks in this league you'd rather have. How this guy keeps getting compared to Mahomes and keeps winning MVP's is beyond me
Saw a post on the Ravens forum similar to what you said. Guy said he would take like 15 other QB's over Lamar in these Playoff situations. Multiple people said they wanted Baker Mayfield.

But they're stuck with Lamar. They paid him $80 million this year with a super low cap hit, which means a bunch of that money on the signing bonus is gonna show up in his cap hits later on. They have to wait until after the 2026 season to cut him, and even then it requires eating $35 million of dead cap.
[Reply]
Shields68 02:51 PM 01-30-2024
Saw a post on the Ravens forum similar to what you said. Guy said he would take like 15 other QB's over Lamar in these Playoff situations. Multiple people said they wanted Baker Mayfield.

But they're stuck with Lamar. They paid him $80 million this year with a super low cap hit, which means a bunch of that money on the signing bonus is gonna show up in his cap hits later on. They have to wait until after the 2026 season to cut him, and even then it requires eating $35 million of dead cap.
I think they always planed to pay him until he hits 30 and I doubt that has changed based upon this game. He is still one of those electric players that a team needs to game plan around. He does not take hardly any big hits and that quickness he will be fine until then. After this contract will be a question. Flowers is making him look a lot better as a thrower.

Though in fairness I do not think he played a terrible game. The under throw to Lively in triple coverage was the one glaring mistake. Spags out coached them. Gave them personnel packages and blitz's they were not used to seeing. That is for sure. But they had an oppurtunity. Patrick kept them off the field in the first half they did not establish a rythm. Never figured out if they could run the ball. They moved the football in the second half but a lot of stupid plays not all of which were done by Jackson.
[Reply]
New World Order 02:57 PM 01-30-2024
Originally Posted by KCJake:
Regular season champion
[Reply]
Frazod 03:00 PM 01-30-2024
Whenever Pat is asked about an upcoming game/matchup, he always says "I'm looking forward to the challenge."

When Lamar was asked about playing Mahomes, he said, "I don't want to play him at all."

Kudos for honesty, kid, but champions don't think/talk like that.
[Reply]
Page 56 of 64
« First < 6465253545556 57585960 > Last »
Up