ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 50 of 64
« First < 404647484950 5152535460 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Lamar Jackson wasn't, isn't, and never will be better than Patrick Mahomes
Wallcrawler 09:14 AM 01-16-2020
This "Lamar Jackson is in the same league as Mahomes" nonsense on every football related show I see needs to stop.

Lamar Jackson, on the biggest stage, has now shit down his leg in both opportunities. Lamar is a player who has to have everything around him working perfectly to have success. Put him down 2 scores and ask him to carry the team, he cannot answer the bell.

There's a big difference between a running quarterback, and a quarterback who can run. Lamar Jackson and The Ravens ran 88 plays and put up 12 points.

Jackson attempted 59 passes, only threw one touchdown, but also threw two picks and lost a fumble. 12 points on 59 pass attempts should tell you all you need to know about Lamar as a QB when the lights are the brightest.

Nobody would bat an eye if before the game, soneone told us Pat would put the ball up 59 times. Matter of fact, id be pretty excited to see how many points and yards he would put up in that span of plays.

When things got bad for both QBs, you saw the odds on favorite to win the MVP this year get visible frustrated, press, and ultimately fold. He was nowhere to be seen trying to work out what was happening, rallying his team, he simply pouted on the sideline as his team fell further behind.

The reigning MVP had literally no quit. Its one thing to say after the fact, that we had faith all along, its quite another for that to be true.

Down 24, think about that for a moment. 24. Mahomes is captured, in that moment on the sideline saying we have everything we want. Everyones already counted us the **** out, so go do something special.

Then, to walk the walk after talking the talk, leading the team to 7 straight touchdowns and 8 scoring drives, throwing 5 touchdown passes, and displaying a fiery emotion that if you dont feel anything when you see this kid going nuts after a huge play, call the coroner, because youre already dead.

The two qbs could not be further apart. Jackson cannot hold Mahomes jock when it comes to putting the team on his back.

Lamar should consider signing with KC as a running back. Its the only way barring injury to Mahomes, that hes ever getting a ring.

Mahomes is the MVP. Its not even close. Lamar is a running back executing the halfback pass play about 20-25 times a game.

Jacksons first two years have ended with dud playoff performances.

Mahomes first two years as a starter sees his team hosting back to back AFC title games for a frachise that in its entire history never hosted a single one before he arrived.
[Reply]
FringeNC 05:55 PM 01-28-2024
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Below Mahomes’ personal level of untouchable greatness.

I’d put the follow QB’s… just in the AFC… over Lamar.

Josh Allen
Joe Burrow
CJ Stroud
Suckbert
Trevor Lawrence
Aaron Rodgers
Yep. Josh Allen is so much better than Lamar Jackson. Would a single GM take Jackson over Mahomes or Allen?
[Reply]
farmerchief 06:03 PM 01-28-2024
Jackson is a great athlete and a great runner, but, he still hasn’t learned to throw passes that need to be caught at critical times!
[Reply]
BlackHelicopters 06:04 PM 01-28-2024
Jackson choked on his own cum.
[Reply]
PunkinDrublic 06:06 PM 01-28-2024
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I'd probably give Zay Flowers some credit here.

I was really proud of the refs for the taunting call. It seems like we never get those, and as the play ended I was shouting at the TV screen to call it. I'm delighted that they did.
For that one drive yes but Lamar had time after time to bring the Ravens back into the game with a TD and he choked. You can’t tell me a lot of those bad throws weren’t Lamar pressing.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 06:12 PM 01-28-2024
Lamar can’t operate and run an actual NFL offense.

Today all of his production was off broken plays.

Can’t win a playoff game with that style of play.
[Reply]
Buehler445 06:12 PM 01-28-2024
Hard for me to hate on him too much. If Mahomes didn’t exist he’d be headed to Vegas to gangrape the 9ers or Detroit again.

But MOTHERFUCK the Mahomes haters
[Reply]
ThaVirus 06:13 PM 01-28-2024
He’s still a good QB and exceptional football player.

He’ll need to shake that playoff monkey off his back, though.
[Reply]
007 06:13 PM 01-28-2024
Skip will paint a picture of Lamar almost single handedly brought his team back and outplayed mahomes. It will be comical.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 06:14 PM 01-28-2024
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Force him to throw the ball on late downs from the pocket and I'll take my chances. Has never not been the case.
And Spags did that. Lamar isn't winning any game where he has to pass to win it.

The guy is getting gifted an MVP just because he had the good fortune of being on the most complete team in the league this year.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 06:16 PM 01-28-2024
Originally Posted by FringeNC:
Yep. Josh Allen is so much better than Lamar Jackson. Would a single GM take Jackson over Mahomes or Allen?
Josh Allen has been the 2nd best QB in football for several years now. Ever since Rodgers started declining.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 06:18 PM 01-28-2024
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
He’s still a good QB and exceptional football player.

He’ll need to shake that playoff monkey off his back, though.
He answered my question from earlier this week.

He’s Russell Westbrook and not Steph Curry.

Exciting player and incredible athlete, but has a play style that doesn’t translate to postseason success.

He’s not a guy who has broken the trend and proven that you can win another way. If you look at the list of the QBs with the most rushing attempts in a season, it’s guys like Jackson. Regular season stat whores who don’t win when it matters.
[Reply]
DRM08 06:18 PM 01-28-2024
ESPN QBR grades for this Playoff matchup:

Mahomes 91/100
Lamar 43/100

Lamar was fortunate to avoid a couple more turnovers on interception type of passes or his grade would be even lower. I counted 4-5 turnover worthy plays by Lamar. Zero turnover worthy plays by Mahomes.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 06:24 PM 01-28-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Lamar Jackson should be converted to WR. Bill Polian had it right all along.

He's one of the 5 worst throwing quarterbacks in the sport. If I needed someone to make an accurate pass with my life in the line of COURSE I'd skip Jackson and take Ma......tt Moore.

Or Henne. Or Chase Daniel. Or another dozen backups in this league and evidently at least two wide receivers.

I don't need to shit on Lamar Jackson to build up Mahomes any more than I need to shit on Todd Blackledge to support Len Dawson or you to prove how awesome Rainman is. Rivals need to be in the same general tier of each other and these guys shouldn't even be playing the same position.

Lamar Jackson sucks and will never win shit in this league.
Evergreen comment
[Reply]
Hayneplane 06:24 PM 01-28-2024
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
And Spags did that. Lamar isn't winning any game where he has to pass to win it.

The guy is getting gifted an MVP just because he had the good fortune of being on the most complete team in the league this year.
That MVP is going to feel pretty hollow when you are hanging around Vegas after doing the Pro Bowl skills challenges instead of preparing for the Super Bowl and knowing you got totally outplayed in the big moments.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 06:25 PM 01-28-2024
Originally Posted by DRM08:
ESPN QBR grades for this Playoff matchup:

Mahomes 91/100
Lamar 43/100

Lamar was fortunate to avoid a couple more turnovers on interception type of passes or his grade would be even lower. I counted 4-5 turnover worthy plays by Lamar. Zero turnover worthy plays by Mahomes.
Ravens could have and probably should have lost the game by 20. Lamar Jackson was terrible.
[Reply]
Page 50 of 64
« First < 404647484950 5152535460 > Last »
Up