ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Nzoner's Game Room>A positive Chiefs article that is sure to piss some people off...
htismaqe 11:14 PM 11-25-2020
:-)

https://www.nfl.com/news/2020-s-10-b...-rushing-yards

2020's 10 best run-blocking teams by expected rushing yards

Originally Posted by :
Rank 2
Kansas City Chiefs
9-1-0
2020 stats: 4.62 xYPC, 862 yards (4.4 YPC), 914 ERY, -52 RYOE (-0.26 per att), 6 rush TDs

Like another group ranked lower on this list, we can chalk at least some of this O-line's success up to scheme and personnel. Patrick Mahomes and his bevy of weapons make for a tough assignment for opposing defenses, which are likely to focus less on the run and more on trying to limit Mahomes, Tyreek Hill, Sammy Watkins, Mecole Hardman and Travis Kelce. But we shouldn't overlook the impact of rookie running back Clyde Edwards-Helaire, who is doing his part (his RYOE per carry mark of -8 essentially means he's gaining the yards he's supposed to pick up) behind an offensive line that is playing at a premier level when it comes to run-blocking. The loss of Kelechi Osemele in Week 5 should have wrecked this unit, which, with Mitchell Schwartz going on injured reserve, only features one household name (Eric Fisher). Yet, the offensive line has been effective. Fisher is playing at a top-25 level among all NFL tackles, per Pro Football Focus, but the unit's strength has been consistency. Kansas City ranks in the upper half of the NFL as a run-blocking unit, per PFF, and is setting a per-carry bar that should have the Chiefs in the top 15 in rushing yards. Yes, the actual rushing total is lower, for which we can blame the team's understandable tendency to air it out with Mahomes. (Kansas City's running backs have combined to run the ball 198 times, eighth-least in the NFL this season, per NGS.) But the per-carry effectiveness of the ground attack still stands out.

[Reply]
Titty Meat 11:19 PM 11-25-2020
FUCK

SHIT

GOD DAMMIT

MOTHER FUCKER
[Reply]
Direckshun 11:21 PM 11-25-2020
Given that we have an unstoppable machine at QB, I really liked how we handled the run game against the Raiders.

CEH ran his ass off and ground out some tough yards -- I don't know where they're getting the "he's getting the yards he's supposed to" analysis when 2/3rds of his yards were after contact against Vegas.

Bell's coming into the offense as well. Keep the defense at least a little honest before your air force bombs them out.
[Reply]
Rasputin 11:22 PM 11-25-2020
It's better to be pissed off than pissed on I always say.

We had 3 rushing touchdowns agaainst the desert Raiders. Not pissed about that.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 11:22 PM 11-25-2020
Nick Allegretti has been the best player from the 2019 draft on this year’s team.

Hardman, Thornhill, Fenton, and Saunders will probably be better for their careers, but Allegretti has made the biggest impact in 2020.

(Side note: Thompson found a way to be the worst in limited playing time)
[Reply]
Rain Man 11:25 PM 11-25-2020
They rank us behind only the NFC East Division Leading Eagles.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 11:40 PM 11-25-2020
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Nick Allegretti has been the best player from the 2019 draft on this year’s team.

Hardman, Thornhill, Fenton, and Saunders will probably be better for their careers, but Allegretti has made the biggest impact in 2020.

(Side note: Thompson found a way to be the worst in limited playing time)
Huh?
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 11:41 PM 11-25-2020
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
Given that we have an unstoppable machine at QB, I really liked how we handled the run game against the Raiders.

CEH ran his ass off and ground out some tough yards -- I don't know where they're getting the "he's getting the yards he's supposed to" analysis when 2/3rds of his yards were after contact against Vegas.

Bell's coming into the offense as well. Keep the defense at least a little honest before your air force bombs them out.
I love CEH, but I would love to see Bell get a heavy dose of carries in a half, or an entire game.

I feel bad for Bell, because every game he gets a hand off where the entire defense hits him 5 yards behind the LOS before he even gets a chance. On top of the entire defense guessing correctly, it seems like the O-line just whiffs on their blocking assignments for at least one Bell carry every game.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
mlyonsd 11:41 PM 11-25-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
They rank us behind only the NFC East Division Leading Eagles.
Comforting we're ahead of the 2nd ranked team in that division.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 11:42 PM 11-25-2020
I’m pissed off we have an efficient and successful running game!!!!!
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:07 AM 11-26-2020
Wylie has looked pretty good run-blocking. Even Remmers stonewalls his guy enough to let us run. We're never going to be a road-grading team, but if we can create some angles, we'll be fine.

(Get Kelce to block a little better and we could be elite)
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 01:48 AM 11-26-2020
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Wylie has looked pretty good run-blocking. Even Remmers stonewalls his guy enough to let us run. We're never going to be a road-grading team, but if we can create some angles, we'll be fine.

(Get Kelce to block a little better and we could be elite)
He’s the third best blocker among all WRs and TE
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:50 AM 11-26-2020
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Hardman has 411 yards receiving, 3 touchdown receptions and 2 rushing touchdowns, so no.

Good grief.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 02:14 AM 11-26-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Hardman has 411 yards receiving, 3 touchdown receptions and 2 rushing touchdowns, so no.

Good grief.
And 10 touchdowns last year, voted to the pro bowl which he couldnt play in because he was busy winning a ring :-)

CPs infatuation with scrubs man I'll tell ya
[Reply]
OrtonsPiercedTaint 03:21 AM 11-26-2020
I have never intentionally pissed on anyone & that is going to need to change
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up