ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Vaccine(s) coming mid-December...
I'll be the first in line if possible 91 37.76%
I'll get one but I'll wait a month or two to see who croaks 56 23.24%
Like any software or game system, never take 1.0... I'll wait until summer 30 12.45%
If no one's dead by next Thanksgiving, count me in 18 7.47%
No. ****ing. Way. 46 19.09%
Voters: 241. You may not vote on this poll
Page 5 of 38
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Will you take the vaccine?
JD10367 03:40 PM 11-23-2020
I don't think this needs to go to DC because it's an apolitical question, more about how much you trust Big Pharma.
[Reply]
loochy 04:44 PM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by Hoover:
Hell yes.

I'm so sick of this shit, and the nonsense of our elected officials.

:-), the vaccine won't fix that my man
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 04:45 PM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by candyman:
I'm not arguing with anything you posted, you are clearly more knowledgeable about stuff like this than just about anyone here but that part does not help your argument. Chemo and radiation have been used in oncology therapy for years as well, neither are perfectly safe.
I didn't say they were, but oncovaccines are remarkably safe.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 04:45 PM 11-23-2020
The information people have to work with is pretty ****ed up.

Are the long term effects of the virus itself known? No, because it hasn't been around long enough for there to be a period of time that would constitute "long term." The similarities of it to MERS and SARS1 suggests there will be long term effects to some, but not all, of the people who contract SARS2. SARS2's effects positively correlate with age. I'm not at the age where getting royally fucked by SARS is at its maximum probability.

In the short term whatever vaccines have been developed thus far meet the criteria but nobody also knows the long term effects of any specific SARS2 vaccination.

Better the devil you know than the angel you don't, IMO.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 04:48 PM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by candyman:
Not true. I'm not an anti-vaxxer at all, I just dont need a vaccine for a virus with a 99+% survival rate. If some horrible plague happened with a much lower survival rate I'd damn sure be camping out in line for that vaccine.
YOU may believe you don't.

The people you interact with in society DO. Same thing with every other vaccination that's out there.
[Reply]
wazu 04:53 PM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I wouldn't be surprised if concerts and sporting events do it too. Ticketmaster is building out the framework for it (though they aren't technically the ones who decide on whether to do it or not - that's up to the event organizers).
"Click YES to grant Ticketmaster access to your medical records."
[Reply]
Titty Meat 04:53 PM 11-23-2020
If I cant get the antibodies from sucking off Lew then yes.
[Reply]
2112 04:54 PM 11-23-2020
I got the covid (mild case I’m fine) 6 weeks ago. And after talking with many health professionals, the only thing that they’re sure about is that masks and social distancing prevent it. I hammered two doctors with questions and I got different answers. Nobody really knows anything about this virus or the different strains. I’m fine, a guy I know who was in his 30’s (good shape) got it last Monday and by Friday he was dead. Will there be different vaccines for the type of covid you plan on getting?
[Reply]
candyman 05:01 PM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
YOU may believe you don't.

The people you interact with in society DO. Same thing with every other vaccination that's out there.
I wash and sanitize my hands PROFUSELY, probably excessively. I have no choice but to wear a mask everywhere I go. Even with a mask on if I have to cough/sneeze I turn my head and do it in my elbow out of habit. The people I interact with in society are at no risk from me, vaccine or not.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 05:02 PM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by loochy:
:-), the vaccine won't fix that my man
This.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 05:03 PM 11-23-2020

[Reply]
eDave 05:04 PM 11-23-2020
I'll take it but it won't be in a rush.
[Reply]
HemiEd 05:09 PM 11-23-2020
Heck yes, thank heaven for "big pharma" and their capability and motivation to develop them.
[Reply]
DaFace 05:10 PM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by 2112:
I got the covid (mild case I’m fine) 6 weeks ago. And after talking with many health professionals, the only thing that they’re sure about is that masks and social distancing prevent it. I hammered two doctors with questions and I got different answers. Nobody really knows anything about this virus or the different strains. I’m fine, a guy I know who was in his 30’s (good shape) got it last Monday and by Friday he was dead. Will there be different vaccines for the type of covid you plan on getting?
Thus far, the evidence suggests that the vaccines that have been developed will be sufficient for all of the types of mutations we've seen. It would have to behave in a very different way than similar coronaviruses we've seen in the past for that to change.
[Reply]
DaFace 05:12 PM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by wazu:
"Click YES to grant Ticketmaster access to your medical records."
Technically you'd be granting access to CLEAR (which has been doing similar stuff for employers for a long time now). Ticketmaster would just tap into it for that one data check.
[Reply]
poolboy 05:14 PM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
My naive understanding is that they could deploy different vaccines for different use cases. Pfizer goes to major cities where they have the equipment to store it. Moderna goes to smaller towns where they don't have the crazy cold stuff but they probably have a freezer that can get it down low enough to work. Oxford goes to everyone else.

That's oversimplified, but it's the kind of stuff they'll be working through.

yes, mostly concerned about it being properly cold stored thru out the supply chain
[Reply]
Page 5 of 38
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Up