ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 24
< 12 345612 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>So have we hit the Justin Herbert is overhyped mark yet?
Mecca 11:05 AM 11-23-2020
I get his numbers are good but I've got people on ESPN saying he'll be a top 3 QB by the end of next year...fansided saying he should be an MVP candidate right now when his team has 3 wins...

WTF is going on here?
[Reply]
Mecca 11:17 AM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I know it’s early, but I think they did.

I also think Herbert is being overrated just like almost every other QB that starts off on fire. He’ll come back down to earth in year 2, but he definitely looks like he belongs at the very least.
Lets be honest, Miami doesn't have half the weapons the Chargers do...
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:17 AM 11-23-2020
Fantasy-wise, yeah, he's been a top 5 QB. I don't think I've ever seen him drop below 20 points for my team. Great pickup for me, because I was super weak at QB before I added him.

League-wise? HOW ABOUT NO
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:19 AM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Some of the talking heads this AM on nfl network were debating if the Dolphins made a mistake drafting Tua ahead of him.
Well? You better go start the thread...
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:19 AM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Yet his QBR is bad because he wilts in crunch time...he's a weird prospect to say the least, like at Oregon I never saw it.
No he doesn't.

The Chargers do. The offensive philosophy there is garbage.

Don't let your hate for a division rival supercede your ability to evaluate talent.

Lets not seek out bullshit reasons to shit on the kid.

IDK if he'll make the Chargers a winner, Stafford never got Detroit out of the gutter either. But he definitely has all the talent.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 11:20 AM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Well? You better go start the thread...
Working on it! Soon.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:20 AM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Yet his QBR is bad because he wilts in crunch time...he's a weird prospect to say the least, like at Oregon I never saw it.
Yep. There a lot of "Lamar Jackson" hype around him. Looks great when things go great. When things aren't going great, the talking heads just kind of pretend that doesn't happen.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 11:20 AM 11-23-2020
Not overhyped. He will be a battle for us for years. His only problem right now is experience and Lynn. Lynn is a loser coach.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:21 AM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
No he doesn't.

The Chargers do. The offensive philosophy there is garbage.

Don't let your hate for a division rival supercede your ability to evaluate talent.

Lets not seek out bullshit reasons to shit on the kid.

IDK if he'll make the Chargers a winner, Stafford never got Detroit out of the gutter either. But he definitely has all the talent.
There's legit reasons to doubt the kid. He makes a lot of bad decisions, especially when his 1st read isn't there. That's not hate, that's reality.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 11:21 AM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Yep. There a lot of "Lamar Jackson" hype around him. Looks great when things go great. When things aren't going great, the talking heads just kind of pretend that doesn't happen.
Burrow has been much better at QB.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:21 AM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Not overhyped. He will be a battle for us for years. His only problem right now is experience and Lynn. Lynn is a loser coach.
Everybody is going to be a battle for the Chiefs for years. :-)
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:23 AM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I know it’s early, but I think they did.

I also think Herbert is being overrated just like almost every other QB that starts off on fire. He’ll come back down to earth in year 2, but he definitely looks like he belongs at the very least.
Well of course he'll have to expand on his game. Defenses will start focusing in on the things he does well as they do with every QB.

Mahomes was good enough to evolve. Jackson hasn't evolved yet. I think Watson has evolved too, but his team and coaches are just so fucking bad.

Anthony Lynn wants to run his offense in a way that his offense isn't built. So we'll see what happens there. Herbert needs a coaching staff willing to design around him, rather than trying to make fit in their run-1st mold, and then ask Herbert to bail them out ala Russel Wilson.
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:25 AM 11-23-2020
There's legit reasons to doubt the kid. He makes a lot of bad decisions, especially when his 1st read isn't there. That's not hate, that's reality.
He also makes some spectacular throws, has excellent velocity, very athletic and he's pretty dang poised and will likely win ROTY.

No one is crowning him. We're discussing trajectory. Back to this discussion we had two months ago, there's no way you can look at what he's doing and act like the arrow isn't pointing up. He's an ascending young player who's displayed all the tools you'd want to see as a 1st year starter.
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:26 AM 11-23-2020
Oh bull. I don't believe for a second you're watching these games in their entirety.
[Reply]
carcosa 11:27 AM 11-23-2020
He sucks shit and I hope he DIES!!!!!!!!!
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:27 AM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
He also makes some spectacular throws, has excellent velocity, very athletic and he's pretty dang poised and will likely win ROTY.

No one is crowning him. We're discussing trajectory. Back to this discussion we had two months ago, there's no way you can look at what he's doing and act like the arrow isn't pointing up. He's an ascending young player who's displayed all the tools you'd want to see as a 1st year starter.
See that's where you're wrong.

We may not be crowning him but MANY are. That was the whole point of this thread. There's talking heads out there saying he's a top 5 QB and deserves MVP votes.

Come on, man.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 24
< 12 345612 > Last »
Up