ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 31 of 38
« First < 212728293031 32333435 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>WTF is with the defense?
petegz28 10:41 PM 11-22-2020
That's 2 games in a row they really didn't do a fucking thing. Carr had all fucking night to throw. Guys are dropping shoulders and not wrapping up. YAC is killing us. Receivers are running wide open.

I will give them some credit in that I thought they stopped the run fairly well against the Raiders.

No pass rush
No tackling
No attitude

WTF?
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:30 PM 11-24-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Carr is the closest QB right now to the position Trent Green had in 2003. He has the best OL in football, top 10 RB, top 10 TE and Agholor has actually been decent for them this year.

Carr has it very good right now. It’s hard for any average QB to look bad in those situations.
Yep.
[Reply]
scho63 08:52 AM 11-25-2020
Originally Posted by crispystl:
You're right it did seem like they converted every single one of them. Any idea what their actual 3rd down conversion rate was?%
6/9 = 66.6%

Looks like they didn't even make it to third down much before a first :-)
[Reply]
KChiefs1 10:13 AM 11-25-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
There's plenty of options.

I know yesterday I skipped the game thread and it was a lot better.

I'm honestly just sick of reading the stupid hot takes and "they suck" bullshit.
You would have been so proud of me on Sunday night! :-)
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 10:16 AM 11-25-2020
Game day threads are an abomination. It's like a bunch of spoiled teen girls at this point.
[Reply]
htismaqe 06:47 PM 11-25-2020
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
You would have been so proud of me on Sunday night! :-)
Love you man!
[Reply]
KC Hawks 08:48 PM 11-25-2020
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
So one thing that I think is kinda noteworthy about HB..

It would appear that Tyrann and his wife/fiancée (can’t remember if they got married yet) are potentially split up... I didn’t notice anything until a random picture of some woman popped up on my Twitter feed that said “Tyrann Mathieu liked this”... seemed out of character for him to be checking out other women openly like that.

So then I checked into it and he has deleted all posts that included his fiancée, they don’t follow each other anymore... it doesn’t look great..

Now, I don’t give a **** about if they’re together or not and all that, but I do worry that it maybe has him off his game mentally. Because he hasn’t been the same guy we saw last year, he doesn’t seem as into the game each week. I hope that whatever is going on off the field isn’t weighing the guy down too much, but I can see how that might be the case... cause he’s the one who brings the swagger to the defense... did last year anyhow..
Well, it doesn't look like it's this because he talked about being thankful for her at today's press conference.
[Reply]
Halfcan 09:12 PM 11-25-2020
The Chief's Defense rights the ship this week- bank on it!

We are going to fuck them up!
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 09:15 PM 11-25-2020
Originally Posted by KC Hawks:
Well, it doesn't look like it's this because he talked about being thankful for her at today's press conference.
Glad you posted this, saw that too

Still strange that they’ve removed posts that included each other, etc.
[Reply]
bigjosh 09:24 PM 11-25-2020
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Glad you posted this, saw that too

Still strange that they’ve removed posts that included each other, etc.

People on the internet are fucking weird.

They may have unfollowed and deleted posts because some internet harassment shit.

Just think of the weird fucks shitting on britney all the time. I wonder if tyranns girl was getting some of that bullshit too or something.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 09:25 PM 11-25-2020
Originally Posted by bigjosh:
People on the internet are ****ing weird.

They may have unfollowed and deleted posts because some internet harassment shit.

Just think of the weird ****s shitting on britney all the time. I wonder if tyranns girl was getting some of that bullshit too or something.
Valid points, we’ll probably never know, hopefully they’re good and it seems they are based on his comments today
[Reply]
staylor26 09:47 PM 11-25-2020
Originally Posted by bigjosh:
People on the internet are fucking weird.

Just think of the weird fucks shitting on britney all the time. I wonder if tyranns girl was getting some of that bullshit too or something.
I think it’s much more likely that they had a fight or something.
[Reply]
JakeF 09:55 AM 11-26-2020
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
You know you're being disingenuous.

Mahomes' contract hasn't balooned yet. We're paying him at the moment like a low to mid level starting QB.
I get what your saying but Frank Clark and Chris Jones's contracts balloon at the same time. I just think we aren't getting our money's worth from a lot of players on defense this year. Even Mathieu is having quite a few poor games this year. He was terrible against the Raiders. He has 4 combine tackles and was 0 in the rest of the stats. He seemed off all game long. :-)
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 10:13 AM 11-26-2020
Originally Posted by JakeF:
I get what your saying but Frank Clark and Chris Jones's contracts balloon at the same time. I just think we aren't getting our money's worth from a lot of players on defense this year. Even Mathieu is having quite a few poor games this year. He was terrible against the Raiders. He has 4 combine tackles and was 0 in the rest of the stats. He seemed off all game long. :-)
I was extremely disappointed with the Honey Badger last game. It wasn't just that he had a bad game but I saw a real lack of effort there which isn't what you want to see from a leader of the D in a rivalry game. It was like he was scared to tackle.

Hopefully just a bad week. We know during playoffs these guys will play harder.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:16 AM 11-26-2020
Matthieu definitely had a bad game. I don't expect to see that very often.

Jones and Clark will improve when the revolving doors next to them stop spinning.
[Reply]
TRR 12:09 AM 11-28-2020
I was interested to hear Spags’ interview today. Although, it felt a lot like watching Bob in 2017/2018. He made a comment about not everything being perfect, and thought (paraphrasing) that if they didn’t give up that last touchdown, they would have felt ok about their performance. Especially with the offense they have (I.E holding the opposing team to 24 points should be enough).

:-)

He again went down the Grandpa Bob path, and explained that as long as the critical plays are made towards the end of the game, that’s all that really matters.

I’m not one to take much from coaches interviews, and it wasn’t all bad...but this one left me a little concerned.
[Reply]
Page 31 of 38
« First < 212728293031 32333435 > Last »
Up