ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 16
< 123 456713 > Last »
Media Center>Youtube.TV
Fish 11:07 PM 11-09-2017
Anybody else using this?

I just switched over from SlingTV to YoutubeTV. Seems great so far. Offers NBC, which Sling annoyingly didn't and the main reason I switched. Also FS1. But not sure if that means Royals games. ESPN. All the normal stations plus cable stuff like Discovery, Syfy, History, NG, etc.

Interface is infinitely better. Ability to pause no matter what. I'm really liking this so far.
[Reply]
bgguitarman 08:40 AM 02-15-2018
Originally Posted by InChiefsHell:
Not available in Omaha yet. I just switched to PSVue from Direct now, it's worlds better. I'm definitely interested in YouTubeTV when it becomes available here.
It's available in Omaha now.
[Reply]
Bewbies 01:12 PM 02-15-2018
Originally Posted by Fish:
FYI... this has been pretty incredible so far. And the list of channels continues to grow. They just announced WE, TBS, TNT. etc. Pretty much all the sports stations now, ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, SEC, ESPNNews, FS1/2/KC, NBCSN, BTN, ABC SportsNetwork, NBC Golf, etc.

Unlimited DVR. You can just click record Chiefs, or Royals, (any team) and your sports team will be auto DVR'd, no limit. Lots of "On demand" type movies and TV showing up now too. I'm loving it.

Still limited to location though. If you have it available, I still recommend checking it out...
The only thing I've missed having this was watching Shaq and Barkley on TNT once in awhile. Problem solved.

I'm a huge fan of YT Tv.
[Reply]
The Franchise 06:59 PM 02-15-2018
Is this better than something like Playstation Vue?
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 01:14 AM 02-16-2018
Is the YT TV streaming for ESPN good?

This service looks like a good fit for what I want at the price. But...

I watched, or at least tried to watch, MNF on an Xfinity account this past fall and the quality of that streaming service was so bad it would not have been worth paying for.

Based on speed tests and streaming movies, I don't think the issue was on my end.
[Reply]
Miles 05:53 AM 02-16-2018
The streaming quality is mostly 1080p 30fps with sports channels like ESPN are at 720p 60fps. Finding it better than my traditional cable service, Spectrum, which still shows signs of artifacting from compression.
[Reply]
Bewbies 08:45 AM 02-16-2018
I can’t tell the difference between YouTube and when I had traditional cable. I’m on a fiber connection though.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 11:26 AM 02-16-2018
Looking at the channel lineup, I guarantee the wife will say no way. She needs her Food Network and HGTV poop...We'll stay with PSVue for now.
[Reply]
Bewbies 12:42 PM 02-16-2018
Experiment in progress..

Stand by...
Did this work?
[Reply]
Fish 12:50 PM 02-16-2018
Originally Posted by Bewbies:
Did this work?
We discovered some issues with location. If you're not actually viewing form the KC area, some channels will say unavailable during some of the broadcast. It depends on what the content is. Technically you can turn off all location services or use a VPN. You can add 5 "family members" from wherever. Each family member has their own DVR/favorites/etc. We've had no issues other than the unavailable content once in a while.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 04:07 PM 02-16-2018
Originally Posted by Bewbies:
I can’t tell the difference between YouTube and when I had traditional cable. I’m on a fiber connection though.
Good to know. I don't think my connection is an issue. ESPN will put up college basketball games on the rewatch page, after the game is over. Those are available without a subscription and I can stream them just fine.

But the ESPN live streaming through Xfinity was horrible. Not good advertising if they were hoping to entice me to get my own, legal, streaming service.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 04:54 PM 02-16-2018
Now that ESPN owns Fox's old RSNs, any ideas on if they would be included in this package?
[Reply]
ChiliConCarnage 05:14 PM 02-16-2018
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Now that ESPN owns Fox's old RSNs, any ideas on if they would be included in this package?
They don't own them yet and Comcast has been thinking of outbidding them, I believe. That said, I think the fox sports RSNs are already in this deal. They have almost all of the sports stuff other than NFL network/redzone.

Considering switching from Spectrum to lock in the $35 rate but with my current deal, I'd give up Redzone, Cinemax and HBO for 30ish dollars savings. That could be a lot more but I don't have another internet provider to switch to for less. I think my 'promotion' is going to run out in a month or two so dunno what to do
[Reply]
Otter 03:33 PM 02-17-2018
Change your location...

https://www.reddit.com/r/youtube/com...o_work_in_any/
This was the first thing to cross my mind when I saw this thread. Get a MO or KS IP address and watch the Chiefs games.
[Reply]
Bowser 10:30 PM 02-17-2018
Went to Spectrum today and dumped my sports channels and movie channels. Might have to give this a go.
[Reply]
Miles 10:56 PM 02-23-2018
This is really working well for me and using even when I'm recording the same on my cable dvr. Calling monday and dumping my cable but not looking forward to what they bump my internet cost to. Luckily I have another internet option to play them against.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 16
< 123 456713 > Last »
Up