ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 373 of 2693
« First < 273323363369370371372373 3743753763773834234738731373 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
rico 01:39 AM 08-05-2017
Originally Posted by penbrook:
There is a different between Cassell and Smitty. Cassell had one good season. Smitty has done nothing but continue to win. There will be no boo birds

Oh that's bullshit. Yeah Cassel was terrible, but there are a ton of Chiefs fans who are growing tired of Smith and feel he is holding an extremely talented squad back. He is not 100% safe from the boo-birds. Especially with the excitement of drafting a QB in the first round and the lack of patience to bring him in that will ensue if Smith struggles. Cassel never had the inevitable future sitting behind him like Smith will this year.
[Reply]
rico 01:43 AM 08-05-2017
There is a different between Cassell and Smitty. Cassell had one good season. Smitty has done nothing but continue to win. There will be no boo birds
I've posted this a few times on here before.

The first time I was ever able to make the long drive to Kansas City was in 2010 for the Cassel-Chiefs vs. Alice-49ers game. One of the things that stood out to me was that I couldn't believe that I had witnessed a QB (Smith) who was seemingly as limited and well, just as bad or worse than Cassel. I mean, it was like they didn't even have a QB.

I've never been able to find the old game thread for that. Wish I could.
[Reply]
Nickhead 01:53 AM 08-05-2017
Originally Posted by rico:
I've posted this a few times on here before.

The first time I was ever able to make the long drive to Kansas City was in 2010 for the Cassel-Chiefs vs. Alice-49ers game. One of the things that stood out to me was that I couldn't believe that I had witnessed a QB (Smith) who was seemingly as limited and well, just as bad or worse than Cassel. I mean, it was like they didn't even have a QB.

I've never been able to find the old game thread for that. Wish I could.
not the game thread but archived highlights of that game here:
http://www.nflrush.com/story/2010-we...h_article_next

it's really funny how they talk about both quarterbacks and that they will determine how far each team should have would have could have on the season. :-)
[Reply]
BryanBusby 01:57 AM 08-05-2017
Oh neat, nothing of substance about PM. Just more tinyhands talk.
[Reply]
Nickhead 02:27 AM 08-05-2017
it's eerie watching highlights from that 2010 season. how it mirrors many things we talk about today :-)

[Reply]
Rasputin 07:10 AM 08-05-2017
When Alex Smith goes down with an injury you will hear cheers not for the injury of Alex Smith but the emergence of Patrick Mahomes II.
[Reply]
Coogs 07:16 AM 08-05-2017
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo:
Then I'm just going count on Patrick Mahomes II beating out Tyler Bray in TC and Preseason and him earning the back up spot and it will be game to game on if/when Alex Smith goes down with injury and then see how many games he is out with.
I still think the QB competition... this year... is between Smith and Mahomes, and not Mahomes and Bray. And from afar, it appears as if Mahomes is closing the gap on Smith daily.
[Reply]
TigeRRUppeRRcut 07:19 AM 08-05-2017
Croyles 40 yard game to get shut out by the Chargers. :-)
[Reply]
TigeRRUppeRRcut 07:20 AM 08-05-2017
Originally Posted by Coogs:
I still think the QB competition... this year... is between Smith and Mahomes, and not Mahomes and Bray. And from afar, it appears as if Mahomes is closing the gap on Smith daily.
Considering it's a huge gap and Mahomes is a rookie, you would expect it to be that way, genius.

The competition is bray and Mahomes, stupid. Smith's the rightful starter.
[Reply]
Coogs 07:23 AM 08-05-2017
Originally Posted by TigerUppercut:
Considering it's a huge gap and Mahomes is a rookie, you would expect it to be that way, genius.

The competition is bray and Mahomes, stupid. Smith's the rightful starter.
It doesn't sound as if the gap is huge if you are listening to what they are saying.

And don't call me stupid.
[Reply]
Rasputin 07:29 AM 08-05-2017
Croyles 40 yard game to get shut out by the Chargers. :-)
Alex Smith 2008 season 0 td 0 int did not play because he is an injury prone pussy so was Croyle

Alex Smith rookie year 1 TD and 11 INT and he had 50.9% comp

Mahomes is far and beyond going do better than that.
[Reply]
TigeRRUppeRRcut 07:33 AM 08-05-2017
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo:
Alex Smith 2008 season 0 td 0 int did not play because he is an injury prone pussy so was Croyle

Alex Smith rookie year 1 TD and 11 INT and he had 50.9% comp

Mahomes is far and beyond going do better than that.
Don't derail the thread, dummy.
[Reply]
TigeRRUppeRRcut 07:33 AM 08-05-2017
Originally Posted by Coogs:
It doesn't sound as if the gap is huge if you are listening to what they are saying.

And don't call me stupid.
Well you're an idiot and rightfully get to be called stupid.
[Reply]
Rasputin 07:36 AM 08-05-2017
Don't derail the thread, dummy.
Says the Troll derailing the thread.
[Reply]
Coogs 07:47 AM 08-05-2017
Well you're an idiot and rightfully get to be called stupid.
I play the respect card as much as I possibly can towards everyone here, including you.

I think the Bray/Mahomes battle is window dressing. They are making Mahomes earn his way instead of just handing him jobs... which is the correct thing to do. You read and hear literally nothing about Bray.

I'm not there. I am reading and listening from afar. It sounds to me as if Mahomes is matching Smith blow for blow.
[Reply]
Page 373 of 2693
« First < 273323363369370371372373 3743753763773834234738731373 > Last »
Up