ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 21
« First < 3910111213 14151617 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Cassel's BEST game as a Chief and Haley was Mr. Classy today!
DaneMcCloud 06:30 PM 11-28-2010
Cassel played extremely well today. I was really impressed with his vision and his play under pressure. We've all seen him gradually improve this season, even if it's been one step forward, two steps back at times. I can honestly say that even though I had high hopes with him working with Charlie Weis and expected improvement, I never thought I'd see Matt Cassel play as well as he did in Seattle this season.

And as for Todd Haley, sitting on the ball with 2:00 minutes left in the game was fucking awesome! That's class, Folks, and more than makes up for the Denver faux pas.

Bring on the Broncos!!
[Reply]
vailpass 11:55 AM 11-29-2010
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
They earned that injury to their center.

And took a knee of their own as soon as it happened.

Karma bit them in the ass for that one. Next time you'll take your whupin' like a man and get your ass back in the locker room, eh Pete?
That was bush league from Seattle.
:-) Walkin' tall are you?
[Reply]
Frankie 12:11 PM 11-29-2010
Originally Posted by Saul Good:
Here are Cassel's QB ratings by game.

If you don't see a trend line there, I can't help you.
99.27 season average. Not bad.
[Reply]
Frankie 12:12 PM 11-29-2010
Originally Posted by DeezNutz:
How many dropped INTs has Cassel benefited from this year? Yes, all QBs do.
You answered it yourself. If DBs could catch they'd be WRs.
[Reply]
FD 12:21 PM 11-29-2010
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
That was bush league from Seattle.
What else would you expect from Pete Carroll?
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 12:38 PM 11-29-2010
Originally Posted by tonyetony:
Uhmm are you really that fuckin stupid.........do you mute the tv and recite Cassel hate prayers to your cat?
That' MY job, jack.:-)

Originally Posted by dirk digler:
No he hasn't. The last 2.5 games he has been very good before that he was shit
This. That said, he plays like he did yesterday in a play-off game, and I permanently :-) about him forever. I'll even buy Pawnmower a Cassel jersey.
[Reply]
Frankie 12:49 PM 11-29-2010
Originally Posted by Pittsie:
Hamas couldn't be more wrong. B-Rich was getting consistently beat and clearly needed a TE or back to chip his guy.

Clearly he's more of a road grading RT at this point.
Totally correct. I'm looking forward to a day when he is a dependable back-up at RT for us.
[Reply]
Frankie 12:51 PM 11-29-2010
Originally Posted by Forward Dante:
To outclass McDaniels.
[Reply]
FAX 01:02 PM 11-29-2010
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
He's been consistently getting better all season. I don't understand how people can't see the progression.
No offense, Mr. Pitt Gorilla, but I haven't seen "consistent" improvement from Cassel all season. He's played better in the last two games, to be sure. But, prior to that, what I've personally observed is a lot of "inconsistency".

But, frankly, I'm kind of in a state of shock. What I saw yesterday was a QB demonstrating command of his offense, competitive fire, crisp passing (for the most part), and pocket awareness. It was like he was channeling Trent.

The first and last drives were things of beauty. We converted 3rd down well and pushed the ball downfield. There was no quit in the guy. I'm a little astonished, to tell the truth.

Let's see how he performs against the goats at home.

FAX
[Reply]
Chiefs Pantalones 01:29 PM 11-29-2010
The Donkey game was a blessing in disguise. It gave Matt confidence.
[Reply]
Chief Henry 01:36 PM 11-29-2010
Originally Posted by Forward Dante:
Exactly...Pete Carroll is one lucky sob for leaving USC and not getting any sort of FINE or Penalty from the the NCAA. Carroll sux the big one.
[Reply]
vailpass 01:40 PM 11-29-2010
Originally Posted by Chief Henry:
Exactly...Pete Carroll is one lucky sob for leaving USC and not getting any sort of FINE or Penalty from the the NCAA. Carroll sux the big one.
Luck had NOTHING to do with it. Midnight Pete read the writing on the wall and made his exit stage left. While USC was taking heat Pete was signing for Micro$oft dollars.
I'm not sold on him as a coach but I have to respect the way he handles his business.
[Reply]
Rausch 01:43 PM 11-29-2010
Originally Posted by Vanilla Thunder:
I'm sure that's how it went...
[Reply]
philfree 01:58 PM 11-29-2010
Originally Posted by Vanilla Thunder:
During that game when the Chiefs were down 35-0 I told my buddy that I watch all the games with that I wanted to see Cassel put up a bunch of useless stats. Cassel did and now the playbook is suddenly opened up.

I think the coaches gained confidence in Cassel and before that game they were holding him back a little to much IMO.

Now the question is how will they call the offense when McCluster comes back. I can only imagine that it will open up even more but we still need to keep getting it to Bowe. I hope getting McCluster back involved doesn't break up the momentum we have going there.

PhilFree:-)
[Reply]
Saul Good 02:17 PM 11-29-2010
Originally Posted by philfree:
During that game when the Chiefs were down 35-0 I told my buddy that I watch all the games with that I wanted to see Cassel put up a bunch of useless stats. Cassel did and now the playbook is suddenly opened up.

I think the coaches gained confidence in Cassel and before that game they were holding him back a little to much IMO.

Now the question is how will they call the offense when McCluster comes back. I can only imagine that it will open up even more but we still need to keep getting it to Bowe. I hope getting McCluster back involved doesn't break up the momentum we have going there.

PhilFree:-)
I remember a Yankees game a few years back where A-Rod homered after the Yankees trailed 10-0, and the crowd booed him. If Jeter had done it, they would have praised him for grinding even though they were getting creamed. Instead, they booed A-Rod for only putting up numbers when it didn't matter.

Its the same with Cassel. If Croyle had replaced him and put up those numbers, everyone would be calling for him to start. Instead, we call his numbers meaningless, garbage stats.
[Reply]
HemiEd 02:23 PM 11-29-2010
Originally Posted by DeezNutz:
Best play of the day for Cassel was when he eluded significant pressure and made a tight throw on the run to Bowe near the boundary to move the chains on third down.

Also loved seeing him WAY down field trying to block for Charles. Wasn't particularly effective, but the effort and heart were there, and that's about all one can expect out of a QB in this situation.

Overall, great game for Cassel and the Chiefs. Oh, and Bowe was ****ing beasting.
Yeah, those two plays almost made me numb with joy. Never thought I would see the first play you mentioned, by Cassel, never.

Bring on the crow, I will take an extra helping please.
[Reply]
Page 13 of 21
« First < 3910111213 14151617 > Last »
Up