ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 42 of 119
« First < 323839404142 434445465292 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***** Official '20/'21 Kansas Men's Basketball Repository Thread *****
cmh6476 02:12 PM 11-25-2020
Defending the National Championship of 2020

Roster:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/roster/

Schedule:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/schedule/

There you go! :-)
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:04 PM 01-12-2021
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
I cant get my ****ing espn+ to work
me neither

Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
Garrett needs benched at the end of games. He is awful offensively.
JFC, I’ve been on this all season.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:06 PM 01-12-2021
Why didn’t Self get a point guard to play this year? Did he think Garrett would be good enough? He thought he had another recruit locked up to play PG and they went elsewhere at the last minute?

And props to Self for seeing this level of play from McCormack somewhere inside of him that we didn’t see on the court till now.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:27 PM 01-12-2021

Something seems amiss on this late play. KU usually runs this clear-out with 2 players much higher so there's less potential for help. Enaruna's cut low brings Cade Cunningham into the lane, and he makes a great read to block the shot. Without Cade there, Marcus gets the shot up. pic.twitter.com/WLZOXIAGG6

— Jesse Newell (@jessenewell) January 13, 2021

A lot of the odd hate for Garrett seems to be arising from this, but he did nothing wrong on this play (Cunningham did just make a good read). He also scored on two consecutive layups on exactly the same play in the preceding two minutes to take the lead in the game.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:31 PM 01-12-2021
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Why didn’t Self get a point guard to play this year? Did he think Garrett would be good enough? He thought he had another recruit locked up to play PG and they went elsewhere at the last minute?
He did. See Dajuan Harris.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 10:52 PM 01-12-2021
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:

A lot of the odd hate for Garrett seems to be arising from this, but he did nothing wrong on this play (Cunningham did just make a good read). He also scored on two consecutive layups on exactly the same play in the preceding two minutes to take the lead in the game.
He has been getting his shit stuffed in at the end of games way too much
[Reply]
BWillie 03:51 AM 01-13-2021
Have never been high on this team. They are good, like KU always is but I would be super duper Happy to get a 2 seed and not upset at all to get a 4.
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:52 AM 01-13-2021

That's just a bad play.

You're right, Cunningham made a good read there, but there were no passing angles anywhere. At all. In the old days, Enaruna or preferably McCormack would set a screen, but after he gets within 12 feet of the bucket there is nowhere to go with the ball if the defense rotates. McCormack at the top of the key is worthless, Enaruna is behind the play, I guess you can hope Agbaji or Wilson's guy plays off, but that's not where the rotation is going to come from if McCormack and Enaruna run themselves out of the play. Really the only decision to be made there is to dump it early, which isn't it, or pull up or maybe plant and try to get a spin back to the middle of the lane, but that's tough, especially at that speed. So realistically it came down to maybe he should have pulled up?

That's just a tough look by the coaching staff.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 10:24 AM 01-13-2021
At least we're not UK (4-7 overall; 3-1 conference).
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 12:09 PM 01-13-2021
9th in Sagarin. -4.5pts expected loss to #1 Zags.

#downYear
[Reply]
ROYC75 01:43 PM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
He has been getting his shit stuffed in at the end of games way too much
I do not know who was in the game during that video, but Cunningham made a good play.

Problem with KU was we had too many guys standing around watching as Garrett tried to do it all.
I agree, we need his defense but Garrett is no PG no matter how much Self wants him to be. I would rather see Harris in there, just a better passer.

However the real failure here is nobody moving except Garrett & Enaruna, Garrett draws the attention of 3 defenders. Who are the 3 other dead beats out there, from my vison it's Agbaji, Wilson & possibly McCormack. Nobody moves to an open passing lane for Garrett to pass out of if he would have.

Standing around is just allowing your team to get beat, OSU had done packed it in to guard the rim.
[Reply]
ROYC75 01:45 PM 01-13-2021

Two in a row, 3rd time not charm. Lead feet while relying on 1 player to do the work is poor execution!

Ya know, 2 Out Of 3 Ain't Bad!

It's just not good enough with the game on the line! Especially starting it too low, defense is packed in.

Now with 3 people standing around with lead feet, we don't get back on defense.
[Reply]
ROYC75 01:53 PM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
That's just a bad play.

You're right, Cunningham made a good read there, but there were no passing angles anywhere. At all. In the old days, Enaruna or preferably McCormack would set a screen, but after he gets within 12 feet of the bucket there is nowhere to go with the ball if the defense rotates. McCormack at the top of the key is worthless, Enaruna is behind the play, I guess you can hope Agbaji or Wilson's guy plays off, but that's not where the rotation is going to come from if McCormack and Enaruna run themselves out of the play. Really the only decision to be made there is to dump it early, which isn't it, or pull up or maybe plant and try to get a spin back to the middle of the lane, but that's tough, especially at that speed. So realistically it came down to maybe he should have pulled up?

Good take, started too low, no rotation, no kick out option and leaving yourself defenseless on the break.

Just a bad play.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 02:26 PM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
That's just a bad play.

It's a play Self has called countless times before to get a basket late (see below here with Dotson, see also the few plays earlier with Garrett in the same game).

Here's KU running similar clear-out with Dotson, for reference: pic.twitter.com/URCuLIi8kB

— Jesse Newell (@jessenewell) January 13, 2021

It's designed to result in a straight line drive to the basket for the ball handler with no help (assuming they can beat the primary defender; guys like Dotson almost always did). I think the problem ultimately was here that Enaruna cut low instead of high and Cunningham knew that Enaruna was no threat to get the ball in this spot and just completely left him to help on Garrett. Garrett also probably began his drive a bit too early and didn't recognize this fact. Garrett's also not a good enough passer to make that quick read either, but he did in fact beat his man on this play.
[Reply]
sedated 08:57 PM 01-18-2021
KU not in Baylor's league in that 1st half.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 09:13 PM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by sedated:
KU not in Baylor's league in that 1st half.
We missed a lot of bunnies and they made theirs but I agree that our guys aren't on the same level
[Reply]
Page 42 of 119
« First < 323839404142 434445465292 > Last »
Up