Page 12 of 23
« First < 289101112 1314151622 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Noah Gray Thread*****
Dante84 12:44 PM 05-01-2021
Surprise! More to come!

Spoiler!

[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 01:56 PM 05-07-2021
Noah apparently ran a 4:55 40 yard dash...Travis ran 4:61 and Kittle ran 4:52 so along with his agility and wiggle Noah could be very decent in space after the catch. And learning routes from Trav is gonna be great for the kid. Honestly he could be very special if things go his way imo.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 02:02 PM 05-07-2021
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
Noah apparently ran a 4:55 40 yard dash...Travis ran 4:61 and Kittle ran 4:52 so along with his agility and wiggle Noah could be very decent in space after the catch. And learning routes from Trav is gonna be great for the kid. Honestly he could be very special if things go his way imo.
Man rookie Travis looked faster than that in preseason, but it was preseason.
[Reply]
Halfcan 08:38 PM 05-07-2021
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
Yep, Kelce will help him grow into the TE2 position. These guys are going to dominate.
[Reply]
Dante84 08:55 PM 05-07-2021
I mean, ya gotta think he’s going to be better than Keizer, RSJ, Yelder, Dumbasstrius, McGrath, etc…

That alone is a win. He doesn’t even need to be good so much as he needs to be not bad, and better than average is a bonus. If he’s good, well, oh okay then, goddamn.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 09:25 PM 05-07-2021
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Kelce is one of this players where he gets better with age. Aside from missing his first season. The only injury he’s ever had was a concussion during a playoff game. Other than that he’s durable as hell.
One of my all-time favorite Chiefs. Easily top 5.

As durable as he's been, any player is one play away from a season-ending injury. Having that much riding on one player - other than QB obviously - is a recipe for disaster. I said before the draft that we really needed to get someone who can step in if God forbid something happens to Kelce. Watched a lot of tape on the top and mid tier TEs but totally missed Gray. You never know how it will translate to the NFL, but Gray's tape compares more than adequately with any of the guys I looked into. Probably why Veach is our GM and not me.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 12:05 PM 05-08-2021
Kelce is so damn good he makes Tony Gonzales look pedestrian.
[Reply]
RealSNR 01:01 PM 05-08-2021
Originally Posted by Dante84:
I mean, ya gotta think he’s going to be better than Keizer, RSJ, Yelder, Dumbasstrius, McGrath, etc…

That alone is a win. He doesn’t even need to be good so much as he needs to be not bad, and better than average is a bonus. If he’s good, well, oh okay then, goddamn.
Those first three guys are one thing, but Dumbasstrius and McGrath at least reached bare minimum in terms of having actual NFL careers and who weren't albatrosses when they had to play offensive snaps.

I'm as excited for Grey as anybody, but he could just as easily be James O'Shaughnessy as he could be a decent Kelce counterpart.

No, I highly doubt he'll be as bad as Keizer, but he's a midround pick, just like O'Shaughnessy was. Does a lot of the same stuff he did, too. I'm not gonna crown his ass just yet, and by "crown his ass" I mean just sticking around on the active roster for more than two years, playing decent special teams, and not fucking up when his number gets called.
[Reply]
Easy 6 02:05 PM 05-08-2021
Shags actually managed to put together a fairly respectable 7 year career, if Gray can do that its all win
[Reply]
RealSNR 02:55 PM 05-08-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Shags actually managed to put together a fairly respectable 7 year career, if Gray can do that its all win
Absolutely.

Just... he was kind of worthless for us. Granted, we're the ones who cut him, but we cut him because there were other players we wanted to keep on the team. Hopefully Gray is better than Shags.
[Reply]
Easy 6 03:11 PM 05-08-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Absolutely.

Just... he was kind of worthless for us. Granted, we're the ones who cut him, but we cut him because there were other players we wanted to keep on the team. Hopefully Gray is better than Shags.
Gray is almost certainly the more dynamic athlete, no worries there

His highlights really do show a smooth route runner with good feel for finding holes in zone coverage
[Reply]
CoMoChief 06:06 PM 05-08-2021
I miss Jason Dunn

Dude was a fuckin Mack truck on the field.
[Reply]
Easy 6 06:16 PM 05-08-2021
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
I miss Jason Dunn

Dude was a fuckin Mack truck on the field.
Not many JDs left in todays NFL, extra linemen with limited versatility are now dinosaurs
[Reply]
Jamie 07:29 PM 05-08-2021
It probably doesn't get mentioned enough with the Shields/Roaf line that we also had the best blocking TE and a top 2 fullback.
[Reply]
kcclone 06:54 AM 05-09-2021
Gray looks the part but his numbers at Duke were a joke. Hopefully that’s because Duke doesn’t know how to use TE’s.
[Reply]
R Clark 02:38 PM 05-09-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Not many JDs left in todays NFL, extra linemen with limited versatility are now dinosaurs
I’d think that description would fit all are tight ends not named Travis or Tony
[Reply]
Page 12 of 23
« First < 289101112 1314151622 > Last »
Up