ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 167
< 12 34561252102 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay on the Outs?
Dante84 01:21 PM 04-29-2021

Reigning MVP Aaron Rodgers is so disgruntled with the Green Bay Packers that he has told some within the organization that he does not want to return to the team, league and team sources told ESPN on Thursday.

More on NFL Live now....

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) April 29, 2021

#Packers GM Brian Gutekunst to ESPN: "As we've stated since the season ended, we are committed to Aaron in 2021 and beyond. Aaron has been a vital part of our success and we look forward to competing for another championship with him leading our team."

— NFL Update (@MySportsUpdate) April 29, 2021

Originally Posted by :
Aaron Rodgers doesn't want to return to Green Bay Packers, sources say
Reigning MVP Aaron Rodgers is so disgruntled with the Green Bay Packers that he has told some within the organization that he does not want to return to the team, league and team sources told ESPN on Thursday.

The Packers are aware of his feelings, concerned about them and have had team president Mark Murphy, general manager Brian Gutekunst and head coach Matt LaFleur each fly out on separate trips to meet with Rodgers at various points this offseason, sources told ESPN.

"As we've stated since the season ended, we are committed to Aaron in 2021 and beyond," Gutekunst told ESPN. "Aaron has been a vital part of our success and we look forward to competing for another championship with him leading our team."

Rodgers has not budged this offseason, but neither have the Packers, who have made it known they are not interested in trading Rodgers anywhere.

The San Francisco 49ers called the Packers on Wednesday night, a source told ESPN, and the Los Angeles Rams inquired about Rodgers in January before they traded for Matthew Stafford.

The Packers quickly dismissed the Rams' overtures, the source said.

The Packers have offered to extend Rodgers' contract, sources told ESPN.

Rodgers is unhappy for a variety of reasons, with some of it dating back to last year's draft when the Packers didn't inform him before trading up to draft a quarterback with their first-round pick. Some took this as a sign that his days in Green Bay could he numbered.

He also is at a different point in his personal life, having recently gotten engaged to actress Shailene Woodley. Rodgers also has hosted "Jeopardy!" and said it would be a dream to become the full-time host. He could play football and host Jeopardy! together.

Rodgers has made cryptic comments about his future in Green Bay, but he has told others that he does not want to return.

On draft night, the Packers' biggest issue isn't who they land, but whether they can keep the former NFL MVP.

Rodgers' contract contained a $6.8 million roster bonus due in March. It could have been converted into a signing bonus that would have freed up more than $4.5 million in salary-cap space for this season but instead it "vested as scheduled," a source told ESPN at the time. It's listed as an automatic conversion in Rodgers' contract but even that has to be signed off on by both parties. It's not known if the Packers tried to convert and Rodgers refused to sign off on it, or if they did not attempt a conversion.

[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 01:33 PM 04-29-2021
Lulz...sure
[Reply]
Mecca 01:34 PM 04-29-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
It’s been 10 years since the Packers have spent a first rd pick to help Rodgers on offense. They were completely against spending FA until 2019.

Why do you think Russell Wilson and Aaron Rodgers are so pissed off?

Bc they see guys like Patrick Mahomes on franchises that are doing everything in their power to help him succeed and they value his input.

I don’t blame either of those guys for acting this way. It’s managements fault, not theirs.
Their entire off-season last year was like a giant middle finger telling Rodgers to fuck off.

It blows my mind how teams can piss on franchise players then wonder why they sucks for a decade after.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:35 PM 04-29-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Exactly. Never drafted a first round WR. And they drafted a backup QB and a back up RB in the first two rounds last year.
There were posters talking about drafting a backup RB with one of our 2nd rd picks tomorrow. It’s insane that the Packers actually did that.

It’s guaranteed (unless injury occurs) that the Packers spent a 2nd rd pick on a RB that will be a backup for at least HALF of his rookie deal.

We’d all want Veach’s head on a spike if he did that shit :-)
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:37 PM 04-29-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Green Bay writing books on how not to handle your franchise player.
More volumes of the same book.
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:37 PM 04-29-2021
If the 49ers can pull off a trade for Rodgers.....that team would be nuts.
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:38 PM 04-29-2021
There were posters talking about drafting a backup RB with one of our 2nd rd picks tomorrow. It’s insane that the Packers actually did that.

It’s guaranteed (unless injury occurs) that the Packers spent a 2nd rd pick on a RB that will be a backup for at least HALF of his rookie deal.

I do not understand those people.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:38 PM 04-29-2021
If I’m the Broncos I’m calling yesterday. I’d offer 4 first rd picks for the guy
[Reply]
Mecca 01:38 PM 04-29-2021

They then doubled down by resigning Jones. Had they let him go to spend that elsewhere ok...

Just idiotic.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 01:39 PM 04-29-2021
I never understood the QB pick last season.

If your franchise QB is still playing at a high level, you might as well ride it out with him and give him the best chance possible. The odds of drafting someone even close to his level are slim.

They would’ve been much better off with Tee Higgins or Chase Claypool. That’s not really hindsight being 20/20 either. Anyone could’ve made that argument on draft day 2020 as well.
[Reply]
Mecca 01:39 PM 04-29-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
I do not understand those people.
It's because Trey Sermon looks incredible and has like 50 carries of wear...it's not what I'd call smart unless we're gonna run a ton more but yea.
[Reply]
ChiefBlueCFC 01:40 PM 04-29-2021
The packers have kinda dug their own grave with the players they've drafted over the years and other stupid shit they've done

[Reply]
ptlyon 01:40 PM 04-29-2021
Doesn't make sense to me that this comes out the day of the draft
[Reply]
smithandrew051 01:41 PM 04-29-2021
It's because Trey Sermon looks incredible and has like 50 carries of wear...it's not what I'd call smart unless we're gonna run a ton more but yea.
I would ONLY draft a RB in the 2nd round if it was an incredible value and our bigger positions of need were reaches. In that case, take the best player on the board.

That won’t happen though, so I’m against taking a RB in the second round this year.
[Reply]
Jim Jones 01:41 PM 04-29-2021
He's annoyed that he's 37 and playing at an MVP level while his team is busy not signing any FAs and drafting guys that will never play.

This board would meltdown if Mahomes was 37 and playing that well and the team have him no help.

I dunno. They have a top 3 WR, top 5-7 RB, top 3 offensive line. There's not many better available situations he's going to leave GB and walk into.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:41 PM 04-29-2021
I hope the Packers don't trade Rodgers, only to see him retire the day Training Camp begins.

He needs to fuck them over like he's been fucked over for the past 10 years of his career.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 167
< 12 34561252102 > Last »
Up