ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Media Center>The Best of Times - Kurt Russell & Peyton Manning
KChiefs1 02:00 PM 01-29-2021
Always liked this movie...nice watch.

[Reply]
Frazod 01:39 AM 02-07-2021
Definitely worth a watch if you've never seen it. Williams is great as Jack Dundee, a dorky loser haunted by a single act of epic failure that nobody will let him forget (especially himself) and the lengths he goes to in order to try to rewrite his personal history. While Russell's character is important, the story is Jack's. Admittedly it's a bit silly and predictable, but well made and featuring a great cast.

I won't say its a great movie, but very good. It's definitely one of those movies that's a remote dropper for me.
[Reply]
Graystoke 09:38 AM 02-07-2021
I have huge respect for Peyton. He made a FaceTime call to my co-workers child who was severely injured in a mower accident. Dudes the real deal. He lifted spirits of a child
[Reply]
jjjayb 10:37 AM 02-07-2021
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
That was great. Damn, I miss Robin.

Love Kurt Russell though. Always liked him as an actor, and can't really think of a movie he ever did that I didn't like. But he also always came across as just a real guy. Someone that you'd probably really enjoy hanging out with.
In real life he is exactly what you would think. A real guy you could have a beer with.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 10:48 AM 02-07-2021
Just started watching. Noticed Kirk Cameron plays Kurt Russels son.

Also, the film was written by Ron Shelton, a guy who certainly knows how to make a sports flick. Bull Durham, White Men Can’t Jump, Tin Cup.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:56 AM 02-07-2021
Great movie! I couldn't even count the number of times I've watched it over the years but it has to be well above 40 viewings and probably more.

I also really enjoy Peyton's ESPN+ series, especially when he's baggin' on Tom Brady but this episode felt way to scripted for me to truly enjoy.

Kurt Russell is still the coolest fucking guy in the room.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 12:03 PM 02-07-2021
Have you guys seen that documentery of Kurt Russells dad and baseball?
[Reply]
Buehler445 02:09 PM 02-07-2021
Originally Posted by Graystoke:
I have huge respect for Peyton. He made a FaceTime call to my co-workers child who was severely injured in a mower accident. Dudes the real deal. He lifted spirits of a child
Awesome.
[Reply]
eDave 02:16 PM 02-07-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Great movie! I couldn't even count the number of times I've watched it over the years but it has to be well above 40 viewings and probably more.

I also really enjoy Peyton's ESPN+ series, especially when he's baggin' on Tom Brady but this episode felt way to scripted for me to truly enjoy.

Kurt Russell is still the coolest fucking guy in the room.
I lived in Bakersfield for 5 years and the Taft/Bakersfield hate is real. Taft smells like natural gas and it is ill advised to light a smoke within one mile of that shithole. I didn't even piss there on my way to Pismo Beach to thread the dunes and feast on fresh Hallibut.
[Reply]
PurpleJesus28 03:03 PM 02-07-2021
The whole movie is also free on Youtube right now.It drags in parts for me,but its still a great watch.

[Reply]
Frazod 03:46 PM 02-07-2021
One of my favorite scenes is in the garage, where Reno is about to toss Jack's keys to him. He starts the throwing motion, then stops, gets up and hands him the keys instead. That was brutal. :-)
[Reply]
Baby Lee 03:53 PM 02-07-2021
Originally Posted by Frazod:
One of my favorite scenes is in the garage, where Reno is about to toss Jack's keys to him. He starts the throwing motion, then stops, gets up and hands him the keys instead. That was brutal. :-)
The scene where they try to sneak in watching the game while also trying to have a double dinner date is comedic perfection.
[Reply]
Frazod 03:55 PM 02-07-2021
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
The scene where they try to sneak in watching the game while also trying to have a double dinner date is comedic perfection.
They're 0 and 17 between them! :-)
[Reply]
anabela 11:58 AM 03-29-2021
I'd watch it as I’ve never seen it before.
[Reply]
PurpleJesus28 07:26 PM 04-02-2021
Originally Posted by anabela:
I'd watch it as I’ve never seen it before.

[Reply]
eDave 05:02 PM 04-03-2021
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Peyton's Places is [un]surprisingly enjoyable all through.
Peytie-pie has a knack for editing, improv and comedic timing.

And that little shot of him calling his dad his favorite QB gets me every single time.
Every time I post me performing, my Dad always responds and I always thank him for his talent. He played organ.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up