ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 22
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Media Center>Falcon and The Winter Soldier trailer
Tribal Warfare 04:40 AM 12-11-2020

[Reply]
Buehler445 11:04 AM 03-29-2021
I really liked it. I love the jokes.

It’s also good they lightened it up some. Episode 1 was HEAVY.

We need more Billets (the therapist is Lieutenant Billets from Bosch)

I thought they did a nice job with walker. I expected just a this dude is bad thing. Throwing nuance in there is good for the show. Same with the flag smasher and whatever big bad is chasing them, the name escapes me.

There are a lot of really nice details they threw in that show they care. And Stan and Mackie are really good. Both at the humor and the heavy stuff. We will see how this plays out but they’ve done a nice job so far.

Spoiler!

Originally Posted by Bowser:
I enjoyed it, although I will admit that Dane's point about Sam being broke has kind of just gotten in the way of this show being potentially really great. There's no way some Stark Foundation-ish type of setup wouldn't be available to Sam for the rest of his life. But, meh. Still a fun show a couple of episodes in (even if it feels like they have nerfed Bucky to a degree).

Spoiler!
Spoiler!

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Spoiler!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
GloucesterChief 12:01 PM 03-29-2021
Power Broker who was used a lot in Cap comics from the 70s and 80s.
[Reply]
Fish 12:21 PM 03-29-2021
The Walker character is a bit annoying. They're toying with him being a nice guy who really cares for the country. But at the same time he's a weird looking turbo douche who I immediately wanted to hate.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:07 PM 03-29-2021
Originally Posted by Fish:
The Walker character is a bit annoying. They're toying with him being a nice guy who really cares for the country. But at the same time he's a weird looking turbo douche who I immediately wanted to hate.
Agreed, and I feel the same about his partner as well.

I'm not sure why they chose to include such unlikeable characters for this series but so far, I'm just watching to watch, not because I'm actually enjoying it.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 02:46 PM 03-29-2021
Originally Posted by Fish:
A good twist would be that there’s no twist with him. He actually turns out to be an earnest guy who wants to do good. But they continue to toy with your expectations that he’s going to do something bad.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 02:59 PM 03-29-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
A good twist would be that there’s no twist with him. He actually turns out to be an earnest guy who wants to do good. But they kept toying with your expectations that he’s going to do something bad.
I enjoy narratives with the nuance to let people be vaguely imperfect without being black hat/white hat archetypes. Movies and TV have enough problems with narrative compression obliterating detail and they don't need continued overuse of shortcuts.

But that ham-handed patrolmen scene, coupled with the general culture of Disney/MCU doesn't give me much faith for courageous storytelling on that particular point.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 03:06 PM 03-29-2021
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
I enjoy narratives with the nuance to let people be vaguely imperfect without being black hat/white hat archetypes. Movies and TV have enough problems with narrative compression obliterating detail and they don't need continued overuse of shortcuts.

But that ham-handed patrolmen scene, coupled with the general culture of Disney/MCU doesn't give me much faith for courageous storytelling on that particular point.
In the comics USAgent is a hero but he is also an asshole.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 10:57 PM 03-30-2021
Curious about input from the completists.

I've been 'pretty' good about keeping up, but I have a few holes. I think they are minor holes, but wondered if there was something 'essential' I was missing.

Seen all the cinematic releases except; ThorII, IronManII, and Captain Marvel. Seems like those are on the lower end of ratings, so is there anything I need to go back and fill-in. OTOH, the only MCU on TV/Stream I've seen is; SHIELD S1, and the last two, WV and F&tWS. I've heard mutterings of some of the other stuff being good, but just never committed to a season binge on any of it.

I guess there are two tracks regarding interest, . . . if I'm missing something essential to the story, or alternatively if I'm missing something really special in its own right.
[Reply]
unlurking 07:19 AM 03-31-2021
While I understand not wanting to see CM, I'd say it's still better than the other 2 films you haven't watched. CM also has more relevance moving forward in the MCU. I'd still watch them all though, but that's just me.

EDIT: JMO regarding CM, but I didn't think it was nearly as bad as many said. I know Brie pissed off a lot of people pre-release, but if you take that away and just watch the movie it is an ABSOLUTE SHIT TON (formal comic book metric) better than WW2. WW2 is the first movie I've turned off halfway through in a very long time.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 10:06 AM 03-31-2021
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
If WandaVision (maybe even throw in The Mandalorian) is anything to go by, these shows are going to give the illusion that risks are being taken and your expectations could at any moment be shattered, but it's always going to lead back to the sterile, focus-tested outcome.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 11:47 AM 03-31-2021
Originally Posted by unlurking:
While I understand not wanting to see CM, I'd say it's still better than the other 2 films you haven't watched. CM also has more relevance moving forward in the MCU. I'd still watch them all though, but that's just me.

EDIT: JMO regarding CM, but I didn't think it was nearly as bad as many said. I know Brie pissed off a lot of people pre-release, but if you take that away and just watch the movie it is an ABSOLUTE SHIT TON (formal comic book metric) better than WW2. WW2 is the first movie I've turned off halfway through in a very long time.
Captain Marvel will be a big part of the mcu going forward.
I dont cars for what Gina said but I wouldn't stop watching mando if she remained.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 01:01 PM 03-31-2021
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
If WandaVision (maybe even throw in The Mandalorian) is anything to go by, these shows are going to give the illusion that risks are being taken and your expectations could at any moment be shattered, but it's always going to lead back to the sterile, focus-tested outcome.
Yeah, when it comes to week to week action, I'm getting big 'Perils of Pauline' vibes, whether you call it recycling or homage.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 12:03 PM 04-01-2021
Much better start than WV
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 10:31 AM 04-02-2021
This show has a lot of spinning plates.
[Reply]
Mosbonian 01:30 PM 04-02-2021
Oh yes....the ending, you knew that was coming!!

Why else would they tip it off during the episode.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 22
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Up