ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 10
« First < 45678 910 >
Media Center>'Godzilla vs. Kong' Likely the Latest Tentpole to Go to a Streamer
Tribal Warfare 11:19 PM 11-25-2020

Exclusive: 'Godzilla vs. Kong' likely the latest tentpole to go to a streamer https://t.co/oqlxUlCYTf pic.twitter.com/so3kC2C48m

— The Hollywood Reporter (@THR) November 26, 2020

[Reply]
BigBeauford 08:00 PM 04-11-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Thinking about dropping Netflix for HBO Max.
HBOMax is EASILY the best sub going. Amazon isn't far behind.
[Reply]
eDave 12:25 AM 04-12-2021
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
It is?
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:38 PM 04-12-2021
Hrmmm....

Right now i have:

Amazon Prime
Netflix
Hulu
Disney

One of those has to go before i add HBO...im thinking Netflix but idk man.

Everyone and their mom has a goddamn streaming service now. The content is so broken up nowadays and scattered across so many streaming services. Every time i go searching for a movie it's on some goddamn streaming app i don't have, despite subscribing to the biggest players.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 04:01 PM 04-12-2021
Originally Posted by eDave:
It is?
The library is kickass. It's much better than HBOGo was.

I've been watching Adventuretime with my daughter. Now on season 5, she is watching it with ME.
[Reply]
TEX 04:12 PM 04-12-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
Good fun stupid movie. The definition of turn your brain off and just enjoy movie.
I really liked it. Thought it was very entertaining and liked how things got going early on.
[Reply]
-King- 05:18 PM 04-12-2021
I can never get around to watching anything on amazon prime. Their absolutely terrible GUI is probably the reason.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 05:40 PM 04-12-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Hrmmm....

Right now i have:

Amazon Prime
Netflix
Hulu
Disney

One of those has to go before i add HBO...im thinking Netflix but idk man.

Everyone and their mom has a goddamn streaming service now. The content is so broken up nowadays and scattered across so many streaming services. Every time i go searching for a movie it's on some goddamn streaming app i don't have, despite subscribing to the biggest players.
Just my opinion.

But HBOMax is better because the the quality is better. Especially since a lot of the studios pulled their movies back from Netflix.

Netflix has a ton of stuff, but waaaaaay too much junk/filler.

HBOMax Max has a ton of quality WB catalog movies and of course their HBO back catalog which is quality.
[Reply]
Ceej 05:54 PM 04-12-2021
Anyone with any guesses on how the next movie might potentially go?
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 05:59 PM 04-12-2021
Originally Posted by Ceej:
Anyone with any guesses on how the next movie might potentially go?
https://amp.cinemablend.com/news/256...terverse-kaiju

Pacific Rim Jaeger crossover
[Reply]
Ceej 06:01 PM 04-12-2021
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Pacific Rim Jaeger crossover
That's what I'm thinking.

And I don't like the idea of that, tbh.

I was hoping there was some other Kaiju out there that could threaten the world, or something.

I was never a fan of the Pacific Rim movies.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 07:19 PM 04-12-2021
The only reason I have HBO Max is for their original content and the fact that I only pay $7.50 a month through Spectrum.

If I had to pay $15 dollars, I'd pass because I've seen nearly every movie and TV show they offer, outside of DC (although I'm catching up) and their original content pales in comparison to their content from 2000-2010ish, IMO.

As for menus, I think HBO Max sucks. Their app is slow to load and slow to search. I thought WW1984 was garbage and didn't think much of Snyder's Justice League, either and now that I'm typing this, I'm not even sure why I'm paying $7.50 a month for this service.

And yeah, Netflix is at the point where the cost is higher than their service. It seems like I spend more time browsing and looking for something to watch than actually viewing their content. If it continues to rise, I may dump it altogether.

The Ad Free Disney+/Hulu/ESPN+ is the best bang for the buck in my household. I watch Disney+ 10x as much as HBO, Netflix and Amazon combined.
[Reply]
unlurking 08:01 PM 04-12-2021
99.9% of my "ad free" Hulu viewing has been on a browser with NoScript. Started watching via the app and JESUS FUCKING CHRIST how the fuck do they get away with calling this ad free?!?! How many commercials come with the non ad-free???
[Reply]
KC_Lee 09:18 AM 04-14-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
As for menus, I think HBO Max sucks. Their app is slow to load and slow to search. I thought WW1984 was garbage and didn't think much of Snyder's Justice League, either and now that I'm typing this, I'm not even sure why I'm paying $7.50 a month for this service.
I agree the app is slow as cold molasses but I do love that I have access to Turner Classic Movies with my HBO Max subscription.
[Reply]
eDave 12:35 PM 04-14-2021
Originally Posted by KC_Lee:
I agree the app is slow as cold molasses but I do love that I have access to Turner Classic Movies with my HBO Max subscription.
YTTV has TCM.
[Reply]
Molitoth 06:50 PM 04-14-2021
Originally Posted by Ceej:
I was never a fan of the Pacific Rim movies.
I loved Charlie Hunnam in Sons of Anarchy, but I thought he was a poor casting in Pacific Rim due to how much Narration it had. (he is a terrible narrator imo).

That said, I still loved the movie. The fight scenes were amazing, especially in comparison to Godzilla vs Kong.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 10
« First < 45678 910 >
Up