ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 172
< 12345 67891555105 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The Motorcycle Discussion Thread
Dayze 11:41 AM 06-07-2013
I figure there are some motorcycle guys/gals on CP, so I thought we could have a place to talk all things Motorcycles.

Tire Mount and Balance Prices (as of 10/29/16)

Prices based on if you remove the wheels yourself and bring the wheels and new tires with you:

Cycle Gear - $35 per wheel if you buy tires from them. $58 per wheel if you buy tires elsewhere
Rawhide - $65 per wheel (assuming it would be the same at other HD dealers. they book it at 1/2 hr per wheel)
C R Cycle Tires (DeSoto) - $30 per wheel

Cheapest I've found my Michelin Commander II's. Seem like they have good prices on other brands too.
http://www.jakewilson.com - Free 3 day shipping on orders over $75
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 08:49 PM 06-07-2013
Originally Posted by Buzz_TinBalls:
Had about a dozen bikes, here are stock shots of my favorites;

1985 Suzuki GSX-R750 Air Cooled, 388lbs pure rush

During the seventies, I rode this 2 stroke 750 triple and it was a great bike, great times

I also rode moto during the sixties & seventies, my 1972 Bultaco 250 Pursang looked like this (note the right foot shift, as I recall it was a backward pattern too -- 1up 3 down)

It's been several years since I sold my last bike. I am thinking of getting another one -- 2013 Yamaha VMax looks like fun
:-)
I rode the new Vmax recently. You feel like you're sitting really high and engine sounded like it had rocks in it. I thought I would really love that machine. Turns out not so much.
[Reply]
Ace Gunner 08:51 PM 06-07-2013
Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY:
My zx11 and 14 in one pic together
that 14 is a beautiful monster -- bet ya never go past the speed limit :-)
[Reply]
seclark 08:51 PM 06-07-2013
nice bikes in here.
sec
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 08:54 PM 06-07-2013
that 14 is a beautiful monster -- bet ya never go past the speed limit :-)
Where I live I can ride as fast as I want. Deer are a problem in the morning though. Going on a nice long ride tomorrow. I have some trick shit I will do to it soon. I love everything about that bike except it's weelbase
[Reply]
Ace Gunner 08:55 PM 06-07-2013
I rode the new Vmax recently. You feel like you're sitting really high and engine sounded like it had rocks in it. I thought I would really love that machine. Turns out not so much.
hmmm, well I'll keep this in mind.
[Reply]
Ace Gunner 08:57 PM 06-07-2013
Where I live I can ride as fast as I want. Deer are a problem in the morning though. Going on a nice long ride tomorrow. I have some trick shit I will do to it soon. I love everything about that bike except it's weelbase
extended swing arm?
[Reply]
kcfanXIII 08:59 PM 06-07-2013
Originally Posted by AphexPhin:
you queer Harley riders should check out the South Park episode on Harleys. Its a riot and sooooooo true.
South park makes fun of everyone. I thought it was hilarious.
[Reply]
SAUTO 09:40 PM 06-07-2013
Got a 53 pan sitting in the shop as we speak. Just about done.

Not mine though, my buddy's dad's, well my buddy's now.

Pretty cool old school bike
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
crazycoffey 09:46 PM 06-07-2013
Originally Posted by Psyko Tek:
nobody does the hand wavy thing at scooters

sorry donger
I equate it to a guy in a golf cart waving at a jeep.....
But I generally wave back cause who cares, you know?
[Reply]
rockymtnchief 10:01 PM 06-07-2013
Switching from a sport bike to a VMAX is a big leap. It'll feel like a hog in corners and heavy. But it still handles better than most cruisers and touring bikes. It's made more for straight-aways. I loved mine, but I also had a lot of money and way more horsepower than a guy needs. BTW...the first thing I did was get rid of the factory exhaust. See post 36.

BTW...I'm jealous. I'd love to hit the LS corkscrew!!!
[Reply]
jd1020 10:44 PM 06-07-2013
Originally Posted by Dayze:
Gonna turn the old Honda into a cafe racer?
Somewhat.

I'm not going to restore it to stock but I don't want to put cafe bars on it because I'm trying to get away from the tuck position. I just want to cruise now and take some decent trips.
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 11:07 PM 06-07-2013
extended swing arm?
No I am not into the drag scene, The ZX -14 is just longer. Tight corners are more of an issue. It is lighter with more hp though. I am impatiently waiting for the next generation zx to see if I might want to do a craash sceen at over 500 hp at under 500 pounds but that is literally insane. The bike I have now does power weelies at will at 200 hp.
[Reply]
jjjayb 05:59 AM 06-08-2013
09 Street Glide for me. Love this bike.

[Reply]
Ace Gunner 07:57 AM 06-08-2013
Originally Posted by R8ers:
badass. note the suicide clutch.
[Reply]
Ace Gunner 08:13 AM 06-08-2013
Originally Posted by rockymtnchief:
Switching from a sport bike to a VMAX is a big leap. It'll feel like a hog in corners and heavy. But it still handles better than most cruisers and touring bikes. It's made more for straight-aways. I loved mine, but I also had a lot of money and way more horsepower than a guy needs. BTW...the first thing I did was get rid of the factory exhaust. See post 36.

BTW...I'm jealous. I'd love to hit the LS corkscrew!!!
hahaha, well some outfits nearby LS do offer classes with bike furnished, though it's been awhile since I looked into the the LS scene. That track is very challenging because of the changing altitude within the course. coming down the screw is a challenge because the bottom turn is losing altitude and traction is misleading. once out of the corkscrew, there is a downhill grade with fast sweeping lefty that has a slightly funny exit camber to it due to the downhill, then it's off to the final two turns. Love LS. Go hit it mang.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 172
< 12345 67891555105 > Last »
Up