ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 36 of 46
« First < 263233343536 37383940 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The SNL Thread
Easy 6 08:51 PM 05-12-2007
I've been considering doing this for a while, so here goes. A thread to discuss anyone & anything relating to the show.

They keep a pretty tight lid on all images & apparently stay after youtube as well, so those kinds of things might be a 'lil hard to come by, but oh well.

Pretty much everyone here seems to be a fan of it on some level, so it might be kinda fun.

Its as close to Cant Miss Television as there is for me.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 10:32 PM 05-07-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I've always been a Night Owl, so I'll catch at least half the episodes of any given season Live and I'll watch the best skits that I missed and musical acts on Hulu.

The skits and musical guests have always been hit or miss. They've had some seriously awesome actors and skits over the years, from the original group to the Eddie Murphy era in the 80's to maybe the greatest era, IMO of course, with Mike Myers, Dana Carvey, Chris Farley, Adam Sandler and the untouchable and absolutely amazing Phil Hartman, to the Will Ferrell, Cheri Oteri, Jimmy Fallon nutty years to Amy Poehler, Tina Fay, Seth Meyers, Fred Armison, Andy Samberb, Bill Hader years.

Unfortunately, for the past two years, the show has really fallen off the mark. While they'll occasionally hit on a great skit or musical act (I am STILL blown away by Halsey's performance a few years ago - mindblowing), I think it might be time to move on from Colin Jost, Michael Che and the other writers because it's just been really stale. And I like Colin Jost and Michael Che's news segment for the most part but they're the co-head writers and therefore, are ultimately responsible for the show's overall performance.

As for Pete Davidson, I used to think he was weird, then I thought he was funny but now, he just seems like a turd. He's was funnier when he was all wiry and skinny but he's gained some serious weight and the black circles under his eyes are so deep and heavy that it's distracting. I tried to watch his movie a few months back and just couldn't take it.

Sandler and Samberg were relatable dorks on the show but I just don't get Pete.
I thought King of Staten Island was really good. Much better than I was expecting.
[Reply]
mlyonsd 10:39 PM 05-07-2021
And magically Baby Lee's street organ monkey shows up.

Do us all a favor BL and spend a quarter he collects for you and buy him some peanuts or ice cream just to shut him up.
[Reply]
carcosa 10:54 PM 05-07-2021
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
I'm still not even sure why he's guest hosting tbh. Maybe he will bring more viewers in than I anticipate? :-)
There are a lot of freaks who worship him!
[Reply]
GayFrogs 11:34 PM 05-07-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I've always been a Night Owl, so I'll catch at least half the episodes of any given season Live and I'll watch the best skits that I missed and musical acts on Hulu.

The skits and musical guests have always been hit or miss. They've had some seriously awesome actors and skits over the years, from the original group to the Eddie Murphy era in the 80's to maybe the greatest era, IMO of course, with Mike Myers, Dana Carvey, Chris Farley, Adam Sandler and the untouchable and absolutely amazing Phil Hartman, to the Will Ferrell, Cheri Oteri, Jimmy Fallon nutty years to Amy Poehler, Tina Fay, Seth Meyers, Fred Armison, Andy Samberb, Bill Hader years.

Unfortunately, for the past two years, the show has really fallen off the mark. While they'll occasionally hit on a great skit or musical act (I am STILL blown away by Halsey's performance a few years ago - mindblowing), I think it might be time to move on from Colin Jost, Michael Che and the other writers because it's just been really stale. And I like Colin Jost and Michael Che's news segment for the most part but they're the co-head writers and therefore, are ultimately responsible for the show's overall performance.

As for Pete Davidson, I used to think he was weird, then I thought he was funny but now, he just seems like a turd. He's was funnier when he was all wiry and skinny but he's gained some serious weight and the black circles under his eyes are so deep and heavy that it's distracting. I tried to watch his movie a few months back and just couldn't take it.

Sandler and Samberg were relatable dorks on the show but I just don't get Pete.
Fred armisen and bill hader leaving were the death of snl, if you watch season 39 after they left it was incredibly bad. I think they switched head writers or something because it got woke soon after. Colin jost and michael che suck...their humor is dipping their toe into the not-woke pool to titillate the audience and giggle at how controversial they are. They should go away and die. Also, kate mckinnon is godawful.

Having said that, seasons 32-38 or so are very underrated.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 06:47 AM 05-08-2021
Some comedians are just more likeable than funny(Fallon). They're mostly not likable(enough to overcome the material) or funny.
[Reply]
neech 07:51 AM 05-08-2021
Originally Posted by MTG#10:
It's pretty repulsive what the mainstream has become. Nobody is allowed to have an opinion other than to maintain the status quo or be canceled. The side who has constantly compared the other side to Nazi Germany has actually been the ones to follow the Nazi playbook lock, stock and barrel. The funniest, yet saddest part of all is they are completely oblivious to it.
You got that right brother.
[Reply]
BWillie 08:20 AM 05-08-2021
If they think Elon Musk is controversial that's really saying something. Yeah he's a little off the cuff but he's not a Trump or anything. Hes democrat, libertarian and republican all at the same time. Something more Americans should strive to be. I just hope for some great crypto skits.
[Reply]
DaFace 08:40 AM 05-08-2021
From what I can tell, the whole "controversy" is largely just a couple of tweets from cast members that weren't even all that blatant. Most interviews with cast members have sounded fine.

I think it's far more likely that Elon comes across as weird and awkward than it is he does anything controversial. I like the guy, but there's no question he's a weird dude.
[Reply]
tredadda 10:33 AM 05-08-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
From what I can tell, the whole "controversy" is largely just a couple of tweets from cast members that weren't even all that blatant. Most interviews with cast members have sounded fine.

I think it's far more likely that Elon comes across as weird and awkward than it is he does anything controversial. I like the guy, but there's no question he's a weird dude.
Aren't most geniuses a bit off and weird?
[Reply]
dlphg9 10:43 AM 05-08-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:

He really seems socially awkward. It wouldn't surprise me if he were on the spectrum.
[Reply]
Bowser 11:14 AM 05-08-2021
Elon is a Trump supporter and moved his business out of ultra-liberal California. Of course there were going to be problems with some of the cast of SNL, especially in an era where everything is politically super mega charged.

Lorne Michaels likely saw his numbers dwindling and decided to bring a guy like Elon on just to get people to tune in and watch the dumpster fire it inevitably will be. Smart marketing on his part, really.
[Reply]
cabletech94 11:56 AM 05-08-2021
Oh snap!! Thanks for the notice!!

Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Speaking of which, debuted yesterday.

Ep1 had a pretty good bit about a new Woke Fitbit that tracked your woke points on a wristwatch. 5000 points for throwing a rock at a cop car, 500 for holding a BLM placard for an hour, etc.

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:52 PM 05-08-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
I thought King of Staten Island was really good. Much better than I was expecting.
Maybe I was in the wrong mood. I wanted to like it but it didn't work for me at all.

That said, I wanted to like Samberg's Hot Rod but I couldn't get into that, either and now, some people say that it's a classic. I like a lot of Samberg's early work and really enjoyed the first several seasons of Brooklyn 99 but kind of lost track of it over the years.

Maybe I'll see Pete Davidson in Suicide Squad and have a different reaction but he just doesn't do anything to me that seems funny. Early on, I thought his character on SNL was funny until I realized that he really wasn't acting. His life is truly a mess of his own doing.

I just don't think he adds anything to SNL.
[Reply]
DaFace 01:45 PM 05-08-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Elon is a Trump supporter
I don't think that's true, just for the record. As far as I know the only politician he spoke out in support of in the last election was Andrew Yang.

He definitely has issues with what he perceives to be over regulation in California, though.

I think he mostly just pisses people off because he's a workaholic who expects his employees to be one also. In addition, he tends to talk out of his ass a lot, which admittedly does resemble a certain political figure.
[Reply]
Easy 6 01:57 PM 05-08-2021
Maybe we'll get lucky and it'll actually be funny tonight :-)

Oh hell, who am I kidding...
[Reply]
Page 36 of 46
« First < 263233343536 37383940 > Last »
Up