ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>So, what're our thoughts on the UDFA class?
Direckshun 01:16 PM 05-03-2021
This is clearly not the studly class we had last year, but what are your thoughts? [So far.]

Zayne Anderson, LB, BYU
Dicaprio Bootle, CB, Nebraska
Shane Buechele, QB, SMU
Marlon Character, CB, Louisville
Riley Cole, LB, South Alabama
Devon Key, S, Western Kentucky
[Reply]
The Franchise 06:59 PM 05-03-2021
Anderson may very well be your Sorensen replacement after this year if he sticks around. Bootle might possibly stick if they don’t sign Breeland.
[Reply]
kccrow 07:05 PM 05-03-2021
It's fucking dogshit. I'd be surprised if any make it through the first wave of cuts. There was actually some decent talent available this year in the UDFA class but we didn't get any of it. I can't really say anything about Veach here, it's not his fault. There were fewer to choose from than usual... by a few hundred.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:12 PM 05-03-2021
I think Malik Herring has a chance to be a very good addition in 2022. I doubt he's a contributor this year, but you can't complain about that in UDFA.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:15 PM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by kccrow:
It's ****ing dogshit. I'd be surprised if any make it through the first wave of cuts. There was actually some decent talent available this year in the UDFA class but we didn't get any of it. I can't really say anything about Veach here, it's not his fault. There were fewer to choose from than usual... by a few hundred.
that and it's a stacked roster, honestly. Why would you sign here as an UDFA when you know you're highly unlikely to play?
[Reply]
Direckshun 09:56 PM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by kccrow:
It's ****ing dogshit. I'd be surprised if any make it through the first wave of cuts. There was actually some decent talent available this year in the UDFA class but we didn't get any of it. I can't really say anything about Veach here, it's not his fault. There were fewer to choose from than usual... by a few hundred.
I do agree. I don’t think any of these guys even make practice squads

I also agree that’s not on Veach.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 08:21 AM 05-04-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
that and it's a stacked roster, honestly. Why would you sign here as an UDFA when you know you're highly unlikely to play?
It's interesting though that a year ago we had arguably the best or one of the best UDFA classes, despite coming off a Super Bowl win and seemingly being just as stacked. I don't know this year if it just didn't work out with some of the players they were trying to get, or perhaps if they didn't go after as many by design? Last year we were mostly thrilled with the UDFA class, particularly cornerbacks and wide receivers, and none of them ended up making an impact or even really sticking around. Wharton was of course the biggest find.

It's hard to say, if we can just get one contributor out of this class again it will be a success.
[Reply]
Up