ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Media Center>Finn Wittrock To Headline ‘Green Lantern’ HBO Max Series As Guy Gardner
Tribal Warfare 09:44 AM 04-30-2021

.@FinnWittrock is joining the DC Universe as Guy Gardner In HBO Max's 'Green Lantern' series https://t.co/oRcmBZtSKQ

— Deadline Hollywood (@DEADLINE) April 30, 2021

[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 10:16 AM 04-30-2021
Hope this turns out well. The other DC offerings from what was the DC Universe have been good.
[Reply]
crayzkirk 01:23 PM 04-30-2021
With a name like that, I was expecting this to be a Flintstones reference...
[Reply]
KC_Lee 02:20 PM 04-30-2021
Originally Posted by crayzkirk:
With a name like that, I was expecting this to be a Flintstones reference...
I went to this old MST3K mash-up.

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:52 PM 04-30-2021
https://deadline.com/2021/04/finn-wi...er-1234747347/

Finn Wittrock (American Horror Story) has been tapped to star as Guy Gardner/Green Lantern in HBO Max’s upcoming series based on the DC characters, from Berlanti Productions in association with Warner Bros. Television.

Written by Greg Berlanti, Marc Guggenheim and Seth Grahame-Smith, Green Lantern reinvents the classic DC property through a story spanning decades and galaxies, beginning on Earth in 1941 with the very first Green Lantern, secretly gay FBI agent Alan Scott, and 1984, with cocky alpha male Guy Gardner (Wittrock) and half-alien Bree Jarta. They’ll be joined by a multitude of other Lanterns — from comic book favorites to never-before-seen heroes.

Wittrock’s Guy Gardner/Green Lantern is a hulking mass of masculinity, and, as rendered in the comics, an embodiment of 1980s hyper-patriotism. And yet, Guy is somehow likable. Berlanti, Guggenheim and Grahame-Smith executive produce with Geoff Johns, Sarah Schechter, David Madden and David Katzenberg; Elizabeth Hunter and Sara Saedi co-executive produce.

Wittrock has earned two Emmy nominations, for American Horror Story: Freak Show and for Versace: American Crime Story. He is joining the Berlanti TV universe after working exclusively in series for the past seven years with another mega TV producer, Ryan Murphy. Wittrock has done multiple installments of AHS, including the upcoming 10th season, which he recently wrapped, as well as Versace and Ratched, which has been renewed for a second season. In features, he will next be seen in Deep Water and A Mouthful of Air. He is repped by CAA, Weissenbach Management and Schreck Rose Dapello.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:55 PM 04-30-2021
So, this is just another DC TV series run by Berlanti but instead of going to the CW, it'll be on HBO Max, which seems like an odd play.

Berlanti also co-wrote and co-produced the theatrical version of the Green Lantern with Ryan Reynolds so personally, I'm not expecting much.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 03:06 PM 04-30-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
So, this is just another DC TV series run by Berlanti but instead of going to the CW, it'll be on HBO Max, which seems like an odd play.

Berlanti also co-wrote and co-produced the theatrical version of the Green Lantern with Ryan Reynolds so personally, I'm not expecting much.
I’m out....
[Reply]
Fish 03:54 PM 04-30-2021

[Reply]
Up