ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 35
« First < 3910111213 1415161723 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Ravens.
Direckshun 12:34 AM 12-03-2018
The Ravens are a uniquely weird team in Week 14 of the NFL season.

They're weird because their QB position is a great unknown.

Joe Flacco is, of course, the world's most underwhelming Super Bowl MVP, and has sucked this year. We know who he is, we have millions of hours of underwhelming tape to depressingly watch. And he returned to practice this week, but did not play, Eric Berry style.

But that might change. He may see the field.

Which is interesting, because their backup QB, Lamar Jackson, a 1st round selection by the Ravens (albeit with the 32nd pick), is a very weird player. He runs, and runs, and runs with the ball. His completion percentage is a not-terrible 60%. And he's only played three weeks, so tape on him is slim.

We know this: he is fast, he is not afraid to run the ball, and he's a damn gazelle when he does.

The good news: we can probably spy him. His weapons are bleak. Alex Collins is his #1 RB, and he's averaging 3.6 yards a carry. His #1 receiver is John Brown, who initially looked like Tyreek Hill when he first hit the league, but has since statistically slowed down and is now just a good receiver with very difficult speed to account for. Michael Crabtree is their #2 alongside Willie Snead, and Tyreek Hill has more yardage than both of those guys combined, but Crabtree has had good games against us in the past.

As a result, the Ravens are still somehow 13th in the league in yardage, they are averaging 25 points a game.

The Ravens have good pass protection, as they've only given up like 25 sacks or something like that. Ronnie Stanley is their LT.

But really, the Ravens offense wins by trying to run the ball, passing decently, and then letting Lamar Jackson get creative.

As far as the defense is concerned.................. biggest test of the year right here folks.

#1 rated defense in yardage (they're allowing under 300 yards/game).
#1 rated defense in points (they're allowing 17 points/game).

I think it's safe to say we're going to beat those averages but they should still slow us down pretty significantly. I don't know if Patty will have another 4 TD game here.

The Ravens get good pressure on the QB -- they're 9th in the league in sacks, and the pressure comes from everywhere. Suggs has always played well against us but he only has 5.5 this year. They blitz a good amount.

Simply put, the Ravens pass defense will be the biggest challenge Mahomes faces all year. They're allowing under 200 yards passing all season. Eric Weddle is a goddamn general at the back of their defense, and they've got a solid corner or two despite the fact that none of their corners are true ballhawks. Brandon Carr will make a rare appearance against the Chiefs, which is whatever, but he's apparently playing well.

The Ravens have a mean defensive line, and maybe the meanest NT in the league in Brandon Williams. I'm willing to bet they drop everyone in coverage, smother Kelce, and dare Spencer Ware to beat their DL. That's a very tall order, and I don't think our run game is up to the challenge. Mahomes will need to tap every ounce of his MVP talent to get yardage.

In special teams, they have arguably the greatest kicker in modern NFL history in Justin Tucker. They've had one punt return for a TD.

They're 7-5. They're on a three game win streak. Lamar Jackson has started all three games.

Their wins: Bills, Broncos, @Steelers, @Titans, Bengals (no Dalton), Raiders, @Falcons
Losses: @Bengals (Dalton), @Browns, Saints, @Panthers, Steelers

That schedule is all over the place. They beat Pitt in Pitt, but pathetically lose to the Browns. The most damning game on the schedule is the Saints game, where they only lost by a point.

How is this team so good? I've asked before. They have no elite talent on offense and are still racking up yardage and point. They have a damn good defense but don't intercept the ball and they don't have any sack masters like the Chiefs do.

What is going on?
[Reply]
Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan 08:36 PM 12-03-2018
Been listening to the Baltimore radio stations. Most of the jocks think KC will win, but they think Baltimore could steal one if we're not careful.

Honestly, I think we should load up the box and do everything we can to force the Ravens to beat us with the pass. I have watched all three games that Jackson has played in and he's O.K., but he's definitely not quite ready for prime time with his passing. Focus on stopping the run up front and I suspect we'll get quite a few turnovers from him.

If we're passive, they're going to play keep away with the ball, because they know it's the only way to beat us.
[Reply]
Best22 12:10 AM 12-04-2018
Originally Posted by Renegade:
Remember what Teabow did to us in the playoffs if I remember things correctly
We never played Tebow in the playoffs

We beat Tebow the last time we saw him (7-3 game)
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 04:29 AM 12-04-2018
Originally Posted by Renegade:
Remember what Teabow did to us in the playoffs if I remember things correctly
Remember who our qb was when we played Tebow?
[Reply]
Chiefs Moon 06:10 AM 12-04-2018
Put a spy on Jackson-- DOD. I would also look at playing Speaks over Ford on a majority of downs. Baltimore is going to run at Ford every chance they get. They feature a power running game.
[Reply]
Hoover 06:27 AM 12-04-2018
Originally Posted by Chiefs Moon:
Put a spy on Jackson-- DOD. I would also look at playing Speaks over Ford on a majority of downs. Baltimore is going to run at Ford every chance they get. They feature a power running game.
good prep for Seattle, who might throw the ball 11 times, 4 of them for TDs
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 06:43 AM 12-04-2018
We'd have beaten the Tebow Broncos by 20 with Mahomes
[Reply]
CupidStunt 07:38 AM 12-04-2018
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
But with this defense, they could also lose to almost any team on a day when the offense makes mistakes.
This is a parroted rhetoric that simply isn't true. The only time it has been true, or will be in future, is when the D tanks, the O turns it over *AND* we're against a great team.

The problem is, people think "we almost lost" in a game we won by a TD after NEVER trailing, on the road, 48 hours after totally unique circumstances and we're clearly distracted. We didn't almost lose the Raiders game. It was NEVER in doubt. Yeah, the D fell asleep in the late 3rd/early-mid 4th, and made the score way closer than it should've been, but then the offense marches right down the field and makes it a dougle-digit lead again. ("Wahhhh, what if the offense turned it over, then the Radiers could've scored and won!" ... But they DIDN'T. They just did what they do EVERY - SINGLE - GAME - marched down the field and scored.)
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 07:58 AM 12-04-2018
It'll be good for KC to face a team with a very good defense, but punchless offense that likely can't keep up. I want to see how KC handles a team that tries to take away Kelce and Hill now that Hunt is gone. Lets see the other guys step up and carry the team if need be.
[Reply]
ChiefBlueCFC 08:01 AM 12-04-2018
Lamar Jackson scares me with this defense... hell 26 of the 32 quarterbacks scare me with this damn defense. Just don't know what the hell you're gonna get with them. The only saving grace is that we have Pat.

I do think the run game will be better this week since they'll be able to implement the game plan with Ware as the feature and the Williams x2 and West ...

Any hope of Watkins coming back this week? I'm sure nothing has come out yet as it is only Tuesday but we could definitely use him.
[Reply]
CervezaChill 08:48 AM 12-04-2018
Reading some of the comments about 'being scared' here one might think we are 2-10 instead of 10-2.

Pussies. We are the mfkin Chiefs, not scared of no Lamar Jackson.
[Reply]
New World Order 08:50 AM 12-04-2018
Originally Posted by Chiefnj2:
It'll be good for KC to face a team with a very good defense, but punchless offense that likely can't keep up. I want to see how KC handles a team that tries to take away Kelce and Hill now that Hunt is gone. Lets see the other guys step up and carry the team if need be.
Denver did that in our away game.

We needed Hunt to win that game. We're probably going to need Williams or someone to step up.
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 08:55 AM 12-04-2018
I wholeheartedly agree with this post, but I'm unable to contribute to the conversation in any meaningful way. I wholeheartedly agree with this post, but I'm unable to contribute to the conversation in any meaningful way. I wholeheartedly agree with this post, but I'm unable to contribute to the conversation in any meaningful way. I wholeheartedly agree with this post, but I'm unable to contribute to the conversation in any meaningful way. I wholeheartedly agree with this post, but I'm unable to contribute to the conversation in any meaningful way. I wholeheartedly agree with this post, but I'm unable to contribute to the conversation in any meaningful way. I wholeheartedly agree with this post, but I'm unable to contribute to the conversation in any meaningful way. I wholeheartedly agree with this post, but I'm unable to contribute to the conversation in any meaningful way. I wholeheartedly agree with this post, but I'm unable to contribute to the conversation in any meaningful way. I wholeheartedly agree with this post, but I'm unable to contribute to the conversation in any meaningful way. I wholeheartedly agree with this post, but I'm unable to contribute to the conversation in any meaningful way. I wholeheartedly agree with this post, but I'm unable to contribute to the conversation in any meaningful way. I wholeheartedly agree with this post, but I'm unable to contribute to the conversation in any meaningful way. I wholeheartedly agree with this post, but I'm unable to contribute to the conversation in any meaningful way. I wholeheartedly agree with this post, but I'm unable to contribute to the conversation in any meaningful way. I wholeheartedly agree with this post, but I'm unable to contribute to the conversation in any meaningful way. I wholeheartedly agree with this post, but I'm unable to contribute to the conversation in any meaningful way. I wholeheartedly agree with this post, but I'm unable to contribute to the conversation in any meaningful way. I wholeheartedly agree with this post, but I'm unable to contribute to the conversation in any meaningful way. I wholeheartedly agree with this post, but I'm unable to contribute to the conversation in any meaningful way. I wholeheartedly agree with this post, but I'm unable to contribute to the conversation in any meaningful way. I wholeheartedly agree with this post, but I'm unable to contribute to the conversation in any meaningful way. I wholeheartedly agree with this post, but I'm unable to contribute to the conversation in any meaningful way. I wholeheartedly agree with this post, but I'm unable to contribute to the conversation in any meaningful way. I wholeheartedly agree with this post, but I'm unable to contribute to the conversation in any meaningful way. I wholeheartedly agree with this post, but I'm unable to contribute to the conversation in any meaningful way. I wholeheartedly agree with this post, but I'm unable to contribute to the conversation in any meaningful way. I wholeheartedly agree with this post, but I'm unable to contribute to the conversation in any meaningful way. I wholeheartedly agree with this post, but I'm unable to contribute to the conversation in any meaningful way. I wholeheartedly agree with this post, but I'm unable to contribute to the conversation in any meaningful way. I wholeheartedly agree with this post, but I'm unable to contribute to the conversation in any meaningful way. I wholeheartedly agree with this post, but I'm unable to contribute to the conversation in any meaningful way. I wholeheartedly agree with this post, but I'm unable to contribute to the conversation in any meaningful way.
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 08:57 AM 12-04-2018
We will win by 18, which is 6+6+6.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:10 AM 12-04-2018
This
[Reply]
RJ 09:20 AM 12-04-2018
The Ravens strength with Jackson playing QB has been ball control. They are dominating TOP. I see no reason to think that will change against the Chiefs run D. Collins is on IR now but Gus Edwards and Kenneth Dixon are tough runners. Edwards is a beast going through the middle. Jackson has a strong arm but not terribly accurate. He could be deadly on play action if that improves.

I look for the Chiefs to win by less than a touchdown. The O/U is 53, if I were a betting man I'd take the under.

The Ravens are my "other" team. They both need the W. Maybe I'll just go to the movies.
[Reply]
Page 13 of 35
« First < 3910111213 1415161723 > Last »
Up