« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Tyreek Hill
O.city 01:36 PM 11-20-2018
He's the best WR in football right now.

Prove me wrong.
[Reply]
-King- 09:00 PM 11-21-2018
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Should be a discount for extending now though hopefully.
He should fire his agent if his agent allows him to sign now and for a discount.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
suzzer99 09:01 PM 11-21-2018
Well the Chiefs have some leverage because they could get two more years out of him with the contract and franchise tag (or double franchise but that's Bell territory and no one wants to go there).

Also every NFL player is one snap away from a career-ending injury. For Hill if he tears and ACL or achilles - his entire advantage is gone.
[Reply]
-King- 09:02 PM 11-21-2018
Also I hope we don't give Kelce another big contract. I think he's gonna fade.

Maybe he's just in a funk, but he's been dropping balls this year and looked slow as molasses Monday night. I know that one game he wasn't right - I assumed he had the flu or something. But this is twice now.
Leading the league in yards and touchdowns for a tight end. That's a hell of a funk. And he's always had a case of the dropsies every once in a while.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 09:03 PM 11-21-2018
Well there's always some discount because the Chiefs could get two more years out of him with the contract and franchise tag (or double franchise but that's Bell territory and no one wants to go there).

Also every NFL player is one snap away from a career-ending injury. For Hill if he tears and ACL or achilles - his entire advantage is gone.
Nah. Young players come back from leg injuries far better than they used to. I mean Kelce had microfracture surgery before he ever played an NFL game.
[Reply]
suzzer99 09:04 PM 11-21-2018
I think Ford is a perfect candidate to franchise this year, and extend Hill and maybe Jones. Or let Ford go after 2019 then franchise Jones and maybe pay him if he's willing to take a cut.

I feel like Jones has really earned a contract more than Ford. And Ford is more one-dimensional. There's no answer for Jones right now.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 09:05 PM 11-21-2018

Maybe he's just in a funk, but he's been dropping balls this year and looked slow as molasses Monday night. I know that one game he wasn't right - I assumed he had the flu or something. But this is twice now.
Your takes are terrible man.

Kelce played good yesterday. He had a shaky start and overcame it. Made a huge play at the end of the half.

Go tell the rams how slow he is. They'd slap you.
[Reply]
suzzer99 09:05 PM 11-21-2018
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:
Nah. Young players come back from leg injuries far better than they used to. I mean Kelce had microfracture surgery before he ever played an NFL game.
Sure. But you've got a guy who makes NFL defensive backs look like it's Reggie Bush's high-school highlight reel. If that elite speed even is knocked down a few %, it diminishes his extreme weapon status.
[Reply]
suzzer99 09:07 PM 11-21-2018
Your takes are terrible man.

Kelce played good yesterday. He had a shaky start and overcame it. Made a huge play at the end of the half.

Go tell the rams how slow he is. They'd slap you.
That 3rd and 2 drop was brutal. The game might end very differently if he pulls that in. A couple others were tougher but he could have gotten them. The guys on Locked on Chiefs were talking about all the uncharacteristic drops he's had this year too.

Maybe he wasn't as slow as it felt like to me. I only saw the game live. I'm gonna watch the recording now for as long as I can stomach Witten/Booger/Tessitore. I might need to just mute it and listen to chill techno or something. I am just now coming down from the emotional anxiety that game caused seeing live.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 09:08 PM 11-21-2018

I've noticed that also, he doesn't seem to have the same energy several games this year. He's still having a hell of a good year but somethings different. Maybe that girlfriend he has now is draining him.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 09:09 PM 11-21-2018
Sure. But you've got a guy who makes NFL defensive backs look like it's Reggie Bush's high-school highlight reel. If that elite speed even is knocked down a few %, it diminishes his extreme weapon status.
If his speed is bumped a little he'll what?

Still be faster than Steve Smith was?

Unless the surgery is botched or his rehabs poorly, he'd come back fine from an ACL.

The achilles, on the other hand... well, at least it's not the career ender it used to be.
[Reply]
-King- 09:11 PM 11-21-2018
His super speed is what he's most elite at but it's far from the only thing that makes his elite.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 09:13 PM 11-21-2018
Originally Posted by -King-:
His super speed is what he's most elite at but it's far from the only thing that makes his elite.
Posted via Mobile Device
Right.

The guy does more than just run go routes every time.
[Reply]
suzzer99 09:13 PM 11-21-2018
If his speed is bumped a little he'll what?

Still be faster than Steve Smith was?

Unless the surgery is botched or his rehabs poorly, he'd come back fine from an ACL.

The achilles, on the other hand... well, at least it's not the career ender it used to be.
Right now he's the only player in the NFL who you can think DBs have an angle - and then he just blows right by them. That is mega-elite speed.

If an injury changes him from that to say the 10th fastest player in the NFL - how much does that diminish his value? I don't know. But to me it feels like a lot.

Houston is still very good, complete player. But w/o a burst like he used to have, he's not really dominating any more.

Just speculating so you can chill out on attacking my takes.
[Reply]
suzzer99 09:18 PM 11-21-2018
Right.

The guy does more than just run go routes every time.
Yeah agreed - he's great. He's one of the fastest players obviously. But he's also one of the quickest - which doesn't always go together. And he catches damn near everything - which I think is coachable to a degree - but also some players just have it and some don't.

And on top of that he's really worked on his moves breaking out of presses and his route running - to a point that as I said I think he's literally the most valuable non-QB in the league.

If you take away the mega-elite speed - he'll still be a very good player. But maybe he isn't the most valuable non-QB anymore.

Anyway - my whole point was just that these are the kinds of questions that go into a player accepting an extension vs. waiting it out 2 more years to the end of their contract and a possible franchise tag. If I get injured, will I be the same player? Should I just take the very large payday now? This is where the team has some pricing leverage/discount potential if they're offering an extension.
[Reply]
stevieray 09:24 PM 11-21-2018
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
I've noticed that also, he doesn't seem to have the same energy several games this year. He's still having a hell of a good year but somethings different. Maybe that girlfriend he has now is draining him.
Yup, I'm hoping it's just nose to the grindstone, but there is no fire, and no smile.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 14
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Up