Wong 2B
Pitcher

Edit:
Matheny fired 07/14/2018

Opening Day Roster
Spoiler!

[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:15 PM 01-13-2018
Man I hope Oquendo can work some defensive magic this year.
------------------------------

Wong headed to Florida to work with DeJong, Oquendo

Cardinals second baseman Kolten Wong will report to Jupiter, Fla., on Monday -- weeks ahead of spring training -- in order to get some early work with shortstop Paul DeJong and third-base coach Jose Oquendo. Wong and DeJong, who has already been working out at the team's spring training facility, have been in contact and coordinating their meet to work together with Oquendo on double plays and fielding. Wong usually reports early to spring training to get some individual work in with coaches, and he suggested that Oquendo's return to the major-league staff will help him "get to the next level."

-- Derrick Goold
[Reply]
BigRedChief 02:38 PM 01-15-2018
First Cole, now Mccutchen

#SFGiants have agreed to acquire Andrew McCutchen from the #Pirates, pending a review of medical records, sources tell The Athletic.

— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) January 15, 2018

[Reply]
Marco Polo 09:39 AM 01-16-2018
Yadi says he's hanging up his cleats after 2020. I bet our prized catching prospect starts getting more involved as soon as 2019. Is he ready now?
[Reply]
raybec 4 09:55 AM 01-16-2018
Originally Posted by VAChief:
Our 2 biggest baseball rivalries! I was a Chief.
I went to Central
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:55 PM 01-16-2018
l didn't know MLB's sale of its streaming company to Disney is going to put an additional $50 million in cash into each teams pocket this year. MLB approaching $10 Billion in revenue.

After the strike in the mid 90's some were saying baseball is now going to die a slow death. How times have changed.:-)
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:59 PM 01-16-2018
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
l didn't know MLB's sale of its streaming company to Disney is going to put an additional $50 million in cash into each teams pocket this year. MLB approaching $10 Billion in revenue.

After the strike in the mid 90's some were saying baseball is now going to die a slow death. How times have changed.:-)
and Dewitt......

Owner Bill DeWitt Jr. downplayed the likelihood of the #STLCards striking again this offseason: "I don't really anticipate a major move between now and Spring Training." https://t.co/9Kjab8X15C

— Jenifer Langosch (@LangoschMLB) January 16, 2018

[Reply]
Miles 02:11 AM 01-17-2018
Shaping up like there might be some values as free agency drags on so slowly or teams like Pitt giving up stuff in payroll dump for an assortment of meh. Would be nice if the cards actually consider getting in on something.
[Reply]
VAChief 09:19 AM 01-17-2018
and Dewitt......

It would be pretty stupid for him to say he was anxious to make more deals. That is the kind of weakness that Boras and other agents would capitalize on. I would have liked to see them sign Reed. It seemed a reasonable risk for a guy who would probably be dependable, but he's not a huge upgrade if at all to what we already have so it's not a huge miss.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:25 AM 01-17-2018
Originally Posted by VAChief:
It would be pretty stupid for him to say he was anxious to make more deals. That is the kind of weakness that Boras and other agents would capitalize on. I would have liked to see them sign Reed. It seemed a reasonable risk for a guy who would probably be dependable, but he's not a huge upgrade if at all to what we already have so it's not a huge miss.
it would be best to sign anyone who can help now, give out long or longer term deals to players you want to keep right now. The price of every position and player is getting ready to skyrocket.
[Reply]
raybec 4 09:29 AM 01-17-2018
I'd like to see them bring Lynn back, they still need bullpen help too.
[Reply]
VAChief 09:48 AM 01-17-2018
it would be best to sign anyone who can help now, give out long or longer term deals to players you want to keep right now. The price of every position and player is getting ready to skyrocket.
Sure, if you get a good deal. We don't have to make a deal just to "on paper" fill a hole. It needs to be an upgrade or you wait until you do. I'm fine with trading prospects or a big FA signing for an impact player. I don't want to pay for someone on the decline. SanFran is stocking up of players with wonderful careers, it will remain to be seen if they will rise to those past years of production or continue their decline. McCutchen made sense for them because he rebounded somewhat off what looked like the beginning of the decline.

I don't mind a rebound guy as long as what you give up or pay is based on the risk involved.
[Reply]
VAChief 09:56 AM 01-17-2018
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
I went to Central
Steve Dunn was a great guy and a good player too.
[Reply]
Miles 03:39 PM 01-19-2018
The Blue Jays have agreed to acquire outfielder Randal Grichuk from the Cardinals, per a Toronto announcement. Righties Dominic Leone and Conner Greene will go to St. Louis in return.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2018/...l-grichuk.html
[Reply]
Miles 03:41 PM 01-19-2018
This Leone guy had nice stats last year.
[Reply]
rico 04:06 PM 01-19-2018
Originally Posted by Miles:
The Blue Jays have agreed to acquire outfielder Randal Grichuk from the Cardinals, per a Toronto announcement. Righties Dominic Leone and Conner Greene will go to St. Louis in return.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2018/...l-grichuk.html
Wow...interesting!!!
[Reply]
Page 4 of 301
< 1234 56781454104 > Last »
Up