Pitcher

Edit:
Matheny fired 07/14/2018

Opening Day Roster
Spoiler!

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:27 AM 12-12-2018
Originally Posted by O.city:
Well, because I know they aren’t getting Harper in stl so might as well atleast entertain me
Okay, how about "Puig is 3rd year arb eligible and will make about $12 million in all likelihood. Additionally, Puig can eat my asshole. So...no"
[Reply]
O.city 11:04 AM 12-12-2018
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Okay, how about "Puig is 3rd year arb eligible and will make about $12 million in all likelihood. Additionally, Puig can eat my asshole. So...no"
See, I like Puig. But oh well.

I'm at the point where I'll take on just about anyone so I don't have to watch Dexter Fowler be awful
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:33 AM 12-12-2018
Originally Posted by O.city:
See, I like Puig. But oh well.

I'm at the point where I'll take on just about anyone so I don't have to watch Dexter Fowler be awful
Oh don't get me wrong - if they'd take Fowler and my first born child for Puig, I'd probably ask that they throw Watson in the deal but if they passed I'd probably still say yes.

But the sooner you accept the fact that Dexter Fowler is your opening day rightfielder, the easier it's going to be for you to watch him ride that car around the warning track with that beautiful beautiful smile.

The smile should help you get through all those extra bases he gives up through lack of effort and a DH's throwing arm.

I'm serious - has anyone confirmed that the dude actually throws with his right hand? Could he actually be a lefty and doesn't know it? How can a professional athlete of any stripe have that weak of a throwing arm?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:33 PM 12-12-2018
Boy, if this doesn't close the book on my "Tony LaRussa is the guy that convinced DeWitt to actually try" argument, I don't know what would...

Behold Tony La Russa beclowning himself by going on MLB Network and saying that the arguments against Harold Baines being in the Hall of Fame are “weak-ass superficial bullshit.” I would gladly have that confrontation/debate with someone whose best argument is game-winning RBIs. pic.twitter.com/Wa2hRzdxhE

— Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) December 12, 2018

So Tony LaRussa, through sheer rage and force of will, convinced 11 other right-thinking individuals that Harold Baines belongs in the Hall of Fame. I'm still gobsmacked by that.

Would 'peak Harold Baines' (which was, what, 4 years?) be considered among the top 10 OFers in baseball right now? Top 20?

And I'm guessing LaRussa, his former manager, just sat in that board room and glowered the rest of that panel into submission. "Good lord Tony, just stop yelling at me! Fine, we'll put him in the Hall. Please, just go throw stones at children or something..."
[Reply]
jd1020 06:22 PM 12-12-2018
Fowler does have a really nice smile.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:54 PM 12-12-2018
Matheny fired
Maybry fired
Holland, Norris, Adams sent packing
One of the leagues best hitters added to the team
All the key pieces of a team with 88 wins back
By all accounts one of MLB best analytic hitting coaches hired

That should get us to 92 wins.

So why am I not happy?

Fowler and Cecil are still on the team
Bullpen not fixed
Question if the offense can compete

Am I wrong here?
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 07:05 PM 12-12-2018
You have to factor in decline from Yadi and Carp into your projections
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:10 PM 12-12-2018
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
You have to factor in decline from Yadi and Carp into your projections
on the flip side you should see more out of Ozuna and Reyes. Possibly more out of Bader, O’neill and Wong.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:55 PM 12-12-2018
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Matheny fired
Maybry fired
Holland, Norris, Adams sent packing
One of the leagues best hitters added to the team
All the key pieces of a team with 88 wins back
By all accounts one of MLB best analytic hitting coaches hired

That should get us to 92 wins.

So why am I not happy?

Fowler and Cecil are still on the team
Bullpen not fixed
Question if the offense can compete

Am I wrong here?
Because if we win 92 games our ownership group will see that as justification to cut payroll.

That's 2 more wins than they were going for.

You're not happy because you've finally noticed that the emperor isn't wearing any clothes.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:34 PM 12-12-2018
According to Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, the Cardinals were not one of the teams that met with Bryce Harper this week in Las Vegas.

Harper undoubtedly has a very healthy market, but his agent Scott Boras told reporters at the Winter Meetings on Wednesday that teams are playing coy at the moment about their level of interest. As for the Cardinals being a possible bidder, Boras said, "They sit on the big bank of St. Louis" -- as in, they have money to spend. Phillies GM Matt Klentak is known to have met with Boras and Harper this week, along with the agent for Manny Machado. It could be a while before those two sign. There's a lot of time for the picture to change.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:25 AM 12-13-2018
Originally Posted by The Pest:
According to Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, the Cardinals were not one of the teams that met with Bryce Harper this week in Las Vegas.

Harper undoubtedly has a very healthy market, but his agent Scott Boras told reporters at the Winter Meetings on Wednesday that teams are playing coy at the moment about their level of interest. As for the Cardinals being a possible bidder, Boras said, "They sit on the big bank of St. Louis" -- as in, they have money to spend. Phillies GM Matt Klentak is known to have met with Boras and Harper this week, along with the agent for Manny Machado. It could be a while before those two sign. There's a lot of time for the picture to change.
The Cardinals just cut $20 million from the payroll with Waino's contract ending. In 2 years Molina's is up. Thats another $20 million off the payroll. $40 million yearly is enough right there to get Harper, if he wants to come here.

When they got zoning, permission to build baseball village, it was sold as a way for the Cardinals to increase payroll. That complex is a huge hit. It's printing money. They have are now in a 15 year $2 BILLION cable TV contract. 3+ million fans thru the turnstiles every year. They have money. Fans want them to spend it on the field and not just keep it as profit for the owner.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:41 AM 12-13-2018
Joe Kelly to the Dodgers at 3/$25.

But let's keep pretending like Luke Weaver was some throw-in.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:53 AM 12-13-2018
Meanwhile Boras is directly calling out the Cardinals now

https://www.stltoday.com/sports/base...14b50294f.html

Originally Posted by :
“Maybe I’m a little bit biased because I was a member of the Cardinals but this is about winning and it’s about a good franchise and ownership and the reality of it is that franchise is worth billions of dollars and they’re a top-10 revenue team,” said Boras, before referencing the Cardinals’ acquisition of six-time All-Star Paul Goldschmidt. “There is not one bird on their chest. There are two birds.

“They sit on the big bank of St. Louis.”
If I thought Dewitt was capable of shame I would be heartened by this development. Instead it will probably just get Boras a candygram with a copy of the ledger showing a $75 million profit and a xerox of Dollar Bill's taint.

Dewitt doesn't care about being called out - he's got bank to make.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:56 AM 12-13-2018
We lost Chris Ellis (acquired in the Garcia trade) in the Rule 5. Picked up some schlock from the Rangers in the minor league portion.

I can find nothing to care about here.
[Reply]
jd1020 12:18 PM 12-13-2018
All current Cardinals employees who enlist the services of agent Scott Boras are now relieved of their contractual obligations effective immediately.

Thankfully Dexter Fowler switched representation but unfortunately Ozuna doesn't share the same fate.
[Reply]
Page 294 of 301
« First < 194244284290291292293294 295296297298 > Last »
Up