ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 60 of 298
« First < 10505657585960 6162636470110160 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Bob Sutton
petegz28 10:12 PM 10-19-2017
That is all.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 11:55 AM 01-22-2018
@AdamSchefter: Former Seahawks’ defensive coordinator Kris Richard was in Dallas on Sunday, discussing a coaching position with the Cowboys, per source.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 12:03 PM 01-22-2018
Originally Posted by FringeNC:
Last year, NE, hardly a good D, made Pittsburgh punt more in the first half of the first quarter than the Chiefs did the entire game.
Pitt took a lot of time off the clock. But we kept scoring down. We were missing 4 defensive defensive starters and were pretty much third string on the DL and LBs.

New England we didn't have Houston. We played the best qb in football and kept him very quiet in the first half.

I don't think either was a defensive failure by any stretch I thought they played pretty good considering the competition and what we were playing with. The loss to Tennessee, that on the other hand was plainly bad defense.
[Reply]
ILChief 12:43 PM 01-22-2018
Clark is more likely to fire Andy than Andy is to fire Bob
[Reply]
gblowfish 12:50 PM 01-22-2018
Got an email from the Chiefs reminding me that my first season ticket payment for 2018 is due in February. I sent them an email back asking who was going to start at QB in 2018 and if Bob Sutton is still going to be the DC. I said those decisions would weigh on my decision to renew or not. I doubt I hear anything back, because Frankly Scarlet, I don't think they give a damn.
[Reply]
CousinEddie 12:53 PM 01-22-2018
Originally Posted by ILChief:
Clark is more likely to fire Andy than Andy is to fire Bob
And that right there is why the Chiefs haven't sniffed a Super Bowl in nearly 50 years. A chance at a playoff loss is just good enough for the Hunts.
[Reply]
Easy 6 01:10 PM 01-22-2018
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
Got an email from the Chiefs reminding me that my first season ticket payment for 2018 is due in February. I sent them an email back asking who was going to start at QB in 2018 and if Bob Sutton is still going to be the DC. I said those decisions would weigh on my decision to renew or not. I doubt I hear anything back, because Frankly Scarlet, I don't think they give a damn.
I wouldnt worry too much about the QB part, but you might as well get used to the idea of Sutton coming back... its tough to do, but I'm trying to make peace with it

Andy Reid is a stupefyingly stubborn man
[Reply]
Ragged Robin 01:33 PM 01-22-2018
If the Chiefs want to have a big play offense with a gunslinger QB, Sutton's style of defense simply does not fit.

His defenses cannot get off the field unless it's after coughing up points, it's a reoccurring trend because of his bend-don't-break style. When that happens--and you don't get turnovers, which has proven to be not a reliable thing to count on--the offense has limited amount of opportunities which means their margin for error is very slim and they need to score on basically every drive. That's not a sustainable formula for winning, especially when the offense like this year has been a quick-strike, big play offense that isn't based on running the ball and dominating TOP.
[Reply]
frozenchief 02:03 PM 01-22-2018
Dick LeBeau is available. He’s old but his defenses are usually good and physical.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...ssee-titans-dc
[Reply]
raybec 4 02:07 PM 01-22-2018
Originally Posted by frozenchief:
Dick LeBeau is available. He’s old but his defenses are usually good and physical.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...ssee-titans-dc
I'd take LeBeau, and I still can't believe Mike fucking Vrabel got a head coaching job.
[Reply]
srvy 02:25 PM 01-22-2018
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
I'd take LeBeau, and I still can't believe Mike fucking Vrabel got a head coaching job.
Isnt that something I read he was going to interview for DC position and comes out as a HC.:-)
[Reply]
booger 03:00 PM 01-22-2018
If anything was going to happen to affect a change, Steve Wilks getting the AZ job looks like it’s going to leave James Bettcher available. Wilks is rumored to want Panthers LB coach Al Holcomb to be his DC and switch to a 4-3. Bettcher took over for Bowles and it’s similar to Sutton’s/Ryan scheme so that makes it a good fit in theory. I would also watch Titans staff and with Gibbs being Vrabels lb coach here I could see him as DC there. With Sutton Gibbs and Emmitt Thomas it’s easy to see retiring for any of the 3 as a legit just as easy seeing them keep going.

Ray Horton and John Pagano both interviewed in Dallas for the DB and Lb coach jobs. If Bettcher got the AZ job he was going to hire Chuck Pagano as his DC so not a reach to think both Bettcher and Chuck paired in KC. Plus Spagnuolo it sounds like he will be available to.

Plenty of names that we have repeatedly mentioned and fits that could make plenty of sense if he is in fact going to pull the rug out on Bob which is doubtful but Bettcher being available wasn’t something I expected to see. It’s senior bowl week so if you see the defensive coaches sitting with the scouts in the stands watching practice you will have your answer
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:47 PM 01-22-2018
Originally Posted by booger:
If anything was going to happen to affect a change, Steve Wilks getting the AZ job looks like it’s going to leave James Bettcher available. Wilks is rumored to want Panthers LB coach Al Holcomb to be his DC and switch to a 4-3. Bettcher took over for Bowles and it’s similar to Sutton’s/Ryan scheme so that makes it a good fit in theory. I would also watch Titans staff and with Gibbs being Vrabels lb coach here I could see him as DC there. With Sutton Gibbs and Emmitt Thomas it’s easy to see retiring for any of the 3 as a legit just as easy seeing them keep going.
I just saw this and was about to post but you summed it up perfectly.

The Chiefs need to get Bettcher here ASAP. If Andy doesn't want to fire Sutton, give him the title of an adviser and allow Bettcher bring in some of his guys.
[Reply]
booger 04:07 PM 01-22-2018
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I just saw this and was about to post but you summed it up perfectly.

The Chiefs need to get Bettcher here ASAP. If Andy doesn't want to fire Sutton, give him the title of an adviser and allow Bettcher bring in some of his guys.
Consider also the Sutton guys like Deleone and Mike Smith could catch on with Pettine in GB as they don’t seem to have that staff filled out. Chuck Pagono as senior defense asst or DB coach to pair with Al Harris I would be good with if Bettcher was DC. I’m thinking Harris and Britt Reid would be the only returning in such a case. Brenston Buckner and Larry Foote would round out pretty well with the others.

I keep looking at this as a transition year and why not make the move now? Sutton Gibbs and Emmitt...all good coaches but it just seems right to stay get some new voices plus not having major changes in scheme it just makes sense to me. It’s sooner or later with the D coaches and unless he’s growing Al Harris into the role why not now?
[Reply]
petegz28 04:18 PM 01-22-2018
Bob Sutton ain't going anywhere, sadly. Neither are the Chiefs......sadly
[Reply]
GloryDayz 06:11 PM 01-22-2018
Originally Posted by Eleazar:
That'd be great if he weren't 80 years old
So he's actually 20 with 60 years of experience, right? It'd be a youth movement I tell ya!
[Reply]
Page 60 of 298
« First < 10505657585960 6162636470110160 > Last »
Up