ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 298
< 12345 67891555105 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Bob Sutton
petegz28 10:12 PM 10-19-2017
That is all.
[Reply]
CupidStunt 11:21 PM 10-19-2017
It's kinda unfortunate we play the Broncos. That MIGHT -- and I very much mean that -- help the defense masquerade as OK for a week, save a few jobs, disguise the reality. And then we're going to go to Dallas and give up 500 yards again. Zeke might break the rushing record on us (it must be hard for opposing OCs to decide whether to focus on running or passing since both are so easy).

Man. This is a scary fucking thought. The Chiefs could actually be 5-4. And at that point, even though the schedule would look a little softer, they're a 5-4 team with a bottom 3 D in football. Oof.
[Reply]
Molitoth 11:21 PM 10-19-2017
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
I still don't think he's GROB-level bad.

He's had a good track record here.
He has been figured out. He either adjusts or gets the fuck out. Predictable can't happen.
[Reply]
ping2000 11:21 PM 10-19-2017
Originally Posted by lcarus:
Shit I wanted him gone after that Indy playoff game.
This. Fuck Sutton. How many more epic meltdowns. CANNOT stop run. CANNOT stop third and long. Same shit every year. He fucking sucks.
[Reply]
LiveSteam 11:28 PM 10-19-2017
Suttons bend but don't break is broken.
[Reply]
Ragged Robin 11:29 PM 10-19-2017
Probably wouldn't help but it's deserving and been a long time coming. His scheme doesn't work without multiple superstars on the field.
[Reply]
JakeF 11:33 PM 10-19-2017
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Lack of pass rush is actually talent.

The Chiefs don't have talented enough pass rushers to beat that OL consistently.

Sutton could dial up blitzes but then the shit DBs are going to get roasted even worse.
So Justin Houston lacks talent?

Put Houston next to Chris Jones and at least fuck one side of the Oline up.
[Reply]
arrwheader 11:33 PM 10-19-2017
I’m willing to give the defense a slight pass on the short week after an emotional loss and having to turn around and go on the road. However, Sutton is a fucking idiot. Houston in coverege that much is just fucking inexcusable. He let Carr dance around back there with the fucking game on the line and have a chance to complete a pass over and over and with our star healthy defensive player stand around and do nothing. That’s fucked
[Reply]
T-post Tom 11:35 PM 10-19-2017
Hey Bob:

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:36 PM 10-19-2017
Originally Posted by T-post Tom:
:-):-):-):-):-)

I love this franchise.

It's beautiful.

"it's like poetry, it rhymes"
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:37 PM 10-19-2017
Carr had a hurt back. Why the fuck do you not blitz him early and often and get hits on him? Fucking pathetic.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 11:40 PM 10-19-2017
So who do you replace Sutton with?

Gibbs?
Pettine?
Rex?

Sutton needs to go but Andy will flinch at the thought...
[Reply]
booger 12:02 AM 10-20-2017
I've been one of his biggest fans but if I was Reid I would seriously consider it. I love the scheme but when he hasn't had the pieces to run it he still plays man no matter what. Back in 2013 they had to throw Marcus Cooper out there because they didn't have a CB with size and length to play man so they went with inexperience. Same with last year and this year with Mitchell. Without Berry they really can't run this D the way they would like and he has lived and died with single high S coverage. Big problems at S. They are all former CB's except Sorenson and Terrill doesn't play but Acker has been cross trained and played S this season. You see that, more athletic S's because of the trend moving to a passing league over the years. But Parker has his tackling issues, Sorenson can be exploited in coverage, Murry is another CB convert and I like the kid on special teams, he is tough, but I would strongly consider moving him back to CB if there is a vet safety available he is needed badly. Too many issues of some sort with the safties that are left with Berry out.

I like the multiple fronts this D has. But just like Reid has had to adjust on O and play up to Alex's strengths with the read option and smaller WR's, Sutton has done nothing to adjust to scheming to protect the weak link and the secondary is full of weak links currently. I would hope at the very least he feels the heat and gets told his job is on the line.

The timing is actually good if a move is to be made. 9 days to the next game on the 29th, a sunday night home game. Then 11-5 at Dallas, then the bye and off until the 19th. All depends on Sutton's willingness to actually self scout and lose some of the stubborness and adjust, which he hasn't shown signs of in his tenure. I like the guy but damn Reid is going to have a mutiny on his hands.

Reid has options. He could promote Gary Gibbs. Solid but not that exciting. More of a make a move for a different voice if the players have tuned Sutton out and lost all faith in him. Mark Deleone is a Sutton guy that was with the Jets with him. Assist to Gibbs now with the LB's. He and Mike Smith, the asst. DL coach currently and former LB in the Ravens who run the same scheme. Those 2 could help Gibbs with the LB duties while he runs the show as DC.

Rex, Rob Ryan, and Mike Pettine are all available. All ran this exact scheme. Rex has said he won't be a DC again. Plus he is a huge Bob Sutton fan/backer and likely wouldn't want to replace him. And he's making most likely some pretty decent coin with ESPN. Rob is kind of a dumb fuck and his D's have been a mess with the Saints but their personnel sucks ass when he was there and not much better now. He could definatley bring an aggressive attitude and either Ryan brother could get these guys pumped and out of their mentioning of bend dont break and more excited about playing agressive. Pettine actually visited during training camp or mini camp as a guest of Reid. Like coaches do with unemployed HC's that don't have a job for the following season. He and Rob would likely accept if offered to replace Sutton or come in as a consultant. Neither has the loyalty to Sutton like Rex Does. Before he hired Sutton Reid was also interested in Ray Horton who just came off a great year in Arizona but was under consideratioin for the HC job before they hired Arians. Horton runs more of a Steelers 34 with more zone and mixed coverages. He's apparently pretty full of himself, that was the word back in 2013. He was the DC with the Titans with Lebeau on Staff as Senior defensive asst. Then a year in Cleveland and not currently coaching. I don't generally think a coach bringing in a Consultant really ever works out but it's worth considering if Reid thinks it would get Suttons attention to pull his head out of his ass.

They're going to have to make big adjustments on how they play D and obviously Reid knows that. Whether Sutton is too stuborn or not is the key to this whole thing though. I would normally say it's just not realistic but they have completely went to shit and still have time to turn it around. Reid can be ruthless if he has to be
[Reply]
bigjosh 12:07 AM 10-20-2017
Im down with fucking with the 4-3.

This 34 defense eats cock. we have two capable 43 tackles in jones and bailey. And two 43 ends in houston and ford. SEND THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS AT THE QUARTERBACK EVERY GOD DAMN PLAY!
[Reply]
booger 12:11 AM 10-20-2017
Rob Ryan and Pettine would have the ability to play more of a one gap 3-4. Rob had a pretty good one gap slant 3-4 his first year in Dallas. It has pages of it in the 2011 jets playbook that Sorter had threads about on here. Odd ram pack was one of the sets they ran and allowed him to have more agile/athletic DL because they didn't 2gap much. Similar but not as good as Wade Phillips 3-4 under.
[Reply]
penbrook 12:18 AM 10-20-2017
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
So who do you replace Sutton with?

Gibbs?
Pettine?
Rex?

Sutton needs to go but Andy will flinch at the thought...
Bring Rob Ryan in. He was offered the job before Sutton
[Reply]
Page 5 of 298
< 12345 67891555105 > Last »
Up