« First < 73123163169170171172173 174175176177183223273 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Bob Sutton
petegz28 10:12 PM 10-19-2017
That is all.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 07:34 AM 12-12-2018
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Someone that runs a 4-3.

Y'all are going to be really disappointed when someone comes in here trying to run a 3-4 with this lot and is as bad or worse than ol' Bob...
I have been saying we need to switch to a 4-3 all year. We just don't have the right personnel to run an effective 3-4. In my opinion, which I know I am just a Joe Schmo and not an actual football coach, but I have been watching football for 40 years and that's what I am basing my opinion on.

The thing I hate the most about Sutton is his seemingly determined unwillingness to adapt to the skills of the players he does have.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 08:20 AM 12-12-2018
This horse shit is the legacy of Peeholi. Remember that the next time you cross paths with that fat fuck.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 08:26 AM 12-12-2018
First of all - look at how much of that I got to delete before he made his first actual substantive point. Jesus Christ - you get paid by the letter, man? If you wanna talk scheme, talk scheme.

Second - THE NICKEL WAS THE RIGHT SET! The Ravens threw it 3 times in 5 plays, gained 13 yards and punted. Sutton got it right there, whether some of you nogs want to actually pay attention to what happened on the field or not.

This is simply wrong. The Chiefs were in a 46 (bear) front on the drive where they got butt****ed down the field. Moreover, the 'much of the game' where the Chiefs were in 3 safety looks? 8 snaps. Of 70 something. They spent roughly 10% of the game in a 3 safety look and those were almost exclusively on 3rd downs.

Right here, I should probably just be done because if a guy spends the first 50% of a hatchet piece merely sharpening an ax, makes a shitty point when he finally gets going and then just makes shit up in the next paragraph...why should I pay any attention to anything else he has to say?

HOUSTON CAUSED THE STRIP SACK PRECISELY BECAUSE OF AN OVERLOAD BLITZ AND DROP ZONE CALLED BY BOB SUTTON!!!!! You are a ****ing hack, man. "Well if Houston doesn't do X, we lose because of Bob Sutton, nevermind a hell of a call by Sutton to lead directly TO X"

This is simply incorrect. We didn't see the defense play better in the 4th upon some set of mythical adjustments; it played virtually identically in the 2nd to how it played in the 1st. They had a shit drive in the 1st quarter when they had their base personnel in and were keeping Parker in the box. They did it again to start the 3rd. The Chiefs didn't blitz because you don't blitz a friggen option with QB that can blast around it. Meanwhile the Chiefs brought blitzes on clear passing situations.

This entire article is just rife with nonsensical ramblings and flat ****ing factual inaccuracies. This idea that we didn't sell out to stop the run is complete lunacy; we spent a significant majority of that game in our base packages with Parker often sneaking down into the box before getting smoked out of it. Ragland and Hitchens were on the field for 70% of our snaps in that game and the dude wants to act like we were just chilling in Nickel the whole game.

Lord God people - pay attention to what you're parroting. A byline doesn't mean you have a single clue what you're talking about.

Seriously - if that's what you're hanging your hat on, just stay home. I was hoping I'd find something interesting in that bit of schlock but should've known better when I had to read for 5 minutes before he said anything about the game he was criticizing at all.
It's some schlock hack for Arrowhead Addict.

I can't believe anyone reads anything on that stupid fucking cesspool, much less actually believe it.

Arrowhead Addict is for low-rent, double-digit IQ trufanbois, only.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 08:27 AM 12-12-2018
"They didn't have one assignment..."

Our ILB's run as straightforward a flow/fill responsibility as any defense you'll see in this league. It's friggen High School football level complicated.

Him acting like an odd-front is going to be able to have ILB's with one pre-assigned gap is just insane. That's not how an odd front works; the DL engages, feels the blocking, forces the OL to commit and the ILB's work behind them to fill when a gap emerges, flow if it doesn't and attack when the RB commits.

That's among the worst take-downs I have ever seen. I'm betting our idiot nephew Jake there read that article this morning, gave it absolutely no thought, decided to steal the 'substance' and drop some knowledge on us poor rubes.

That's what happens when you just regurgitate idiots and have no ability to analyze for yourself. Man that article is trash.
:-) so, so accurate.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 08:40 AM 12-12-2018
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:

I can't believe anyone reads anything on that stupid fucking cesspool, much less actually believe it.

Welp, if all of the little "rah-rah" sites and outlets want to start driving this narrative home, then I say "ALL ABOARD AND CHOOOO-CHOOOOOOOOOOOOO"!

Because this shit needs to happen. And it's about time those useless fucks did something productive anyway.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 08:49 AM 12-12-2018
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
So who would be realistic targets to replace Bob in the offseason?

Rex Ryan?

Todd Bowles?

Steve Spagnuolo?

Jack Del Rio?

Gregg Williams (If he doesn't get the Browns job)?

I don't see any standout names that Andy could promote from within, so it's most likely gonna be someone from outside the organization. I love what Leslie Frazier has done at the Bills for the last two years and he has a connection with Andy, but I'm not sure what his contract status is at the Bills right now.
Jack Del Rio ain't welcome in these here parts.
[Reply]
Aspengc8 09:06 AM 12-12-2018
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
I have been saying we need to switch to a 4-3 all year. We just don't have the right personnel to run an effective 3-4. In my opinion, which I know I am just a Joe Schmo and not an actual football coach, but I have been watching football for 40 years and that's what I am basing my opinion on.

The thing I hate the most about Sutton is his seemingly determined unwillingness to adapt to the skills of the players he does have.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk
curious to see what your proposed even front looks like given KC current personnel. I'd hate to see even more responsibility put on Hitchens/Ragland in coverage, or even moving laterally sideline to sideline (unless your proposing Dorian stepping in at OLB, and maybe a reduced/under front?)
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:45 AM 12-12-2018
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:

Contrast that article with this one from Craig Stout that's actually damn good (I'm not a fan of Arrowhead Pride generally but I like Stout; good combination of eye test stuff and data driven analysis).

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2018/...on-for-week-14

There's a lot to take away from that article. For instance, I was wrong w/r/t the number of times we ran nickel. I cheat when I'm watching games; there's too much going on so I tend to identify the nickel packages by our ILBs. It never occurred to me that we would heavily feature a Nickel package that involves Ragland.

Well we do and we ran a fair amount of it on Sunday. It's a 2-4-5 formation with Ragland in the middle with Hitchens and Houston/Ford standing up on the line and Nnadi/Jones up the middle. I re-watched the game on NFL Network after reading this article and did notice that we ran more of that 2-4-5 than I realized. However, it was our base set that got it's ass kicked on that long drive in the 3rd. There wasn't some miracle adjustment that fixed everything; the Ravens simply committed to the run and when we executed well, we stopped just enough of it to stall out drives. We had 2 truly awful drives in that game, one against that 2-4-5 and the other against the base 3-4. There was no miracle adjustment made; just better execution at some times than others.

That article also does a great job of breaking down some of our run concepts and showing just how commonplace they are. The clip showing Nnadi standing up the guard and forcing the gap is EXACTLY what I was talking about previously - that's how run defense works. If Williams just attacked upfield and Hitchens just had an assigned gap, the RB just picks the guards other shoulder and away he goes. You have to be able to get that gap identified and have the LB ready to get up and fill it. It was a great demonstration of basic run defense.

You also see another example of that same basic run defense just being completely undone by shit execution. Sutton put his guys in a great position to succeed there and Ragland even had the read made for once. Then he just gets truck-sticked even though Nnadi also got a shot at the ballcarrier. Seriously - what the fuck can Sutton do there? Absolutely nothing.

Additionally, I was a little too hard on Hitchens yesterday. I remember that play he made to get to the edge on Jackson but I didn't recall it being quite that impressive. He got right up to Jackson to make him commit but managed to run with him just enough to keep him from finding the edge. I thought Jackson had already committed and Hitchens just angled him out - Hitchens deserves a lot of credit for that play.

There are good articles and bad articles. Stout wrote a hell of an article full of useful data and valuable information that can really teach you some shit. Taylor and Keysor do the same. Read those, learn from them and then make your own arguments.

Or you can just copy and paste some fucking mouthbreather from Arrowhead Addict and act like you've just dropped the mic. I wouldn't recommend that approach because you're just gonna look as stupid as Jake does.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:00 AM 12-12-2018
Well, basing my opinion on a couple of things-
1) Reid's assertion that the future of NFL defense is INSIDE pressure, quick pocket collapse and

2)observing Donald killing us all game long from the DT slot in the Rams game and-

3)knowing that most of the league is still coveting the edge rusher, so perhaps interior players might be less expensive overall

4)current PI rules being what they are, CB's aren't really allowed to play

I think getting bigger interior rushers is the way to go, so a 4-3 makes sense. You might already have guys that fit the concept on the team in Speaks (who is roughly Donald's size) and Kpass (who could be a 4-3 DE). This can allow for lighter, faster OLB's like O'Daniel to cover backs and TE's.

The problem is-we have two very good edge rushers in Houston and Ford, one of whom is already getting paid and one who we'll need to pay to keep and that could prevent us from signing a dominant DT to pair with Jones. And neither Houston or Ford would project well as OLB's in a 4-3. They're rushbackers.

Another problem is our horrific safety play; and counting on Berry is foolish at this point, don't you think? So we really need at least one Landon Collins/ Earl Thomas type and perhaps actually TWO. Maybe they think Watts is that guy, maybe not-too small a sample size for us to judge anyway.

I'd like to hire new blood at D-Coordinator; someone young and ascending, a fresh set of eyes with a new outlook from one of the better defenses. A LB or secondary coach from The Bears or Ravens-perhaps even Dallas, for example. It's worth considering that Reid is in his 60's now; and filling his staff with youth is good training ground for his eventual successor. I would expect that several seasons down the road, Patrick may be a Manning-type that essentially runs the offense himself and a defensive head coach might eventually be a fine counterpoint.
[Reply]
O.city 11:00 AM 12-12-2018
I casually watched the game on rewind last night, while doing some paperwork and bookkeeping shit for the office (which sucks) and thought Hitchens actually played a pretty good ball game.

But man, Ragland is just struggling. I don't know if he's hurt or just not good.
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 11:18 AM 12-12-2018
KC plays in a 3-4 less than 25% of the time.
[Reply]
ChiefaRoo 11:30 AM 12-12-2018
Originally Posted by O.city:
I casually watched the game on rewind last night, while doing some paperwork and bookkeeping shit for the office (which sucks) and thought Hitchens actually played a pretty good ball game.

But man, Ragland is just struggling. I don't know if he's hurt or just not good.
Ragland is a two down ILB. He has no range and cannot fill more than two gaps skill set wise.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:37 AM 12-12-2018
It’s a myth that Hitchens isn’t attacking. Guy was attacking the ball a lot. Ragland was attacking too...uh attacking the wrong gap in the wrong place at the wrong time
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:38 AM 12-12-2018
Originally Posted by Chiefnj2:
KC plays in a 3-4 less than 25% of the time.
this is true. When they do, statistically, it's one of their worst sets. The 3-3 nickel appears to be their best, or at least most flexible set.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:40 AM 12-12-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:
It’s a myth that Hitchens isn’t attacking. Guy was attacking the ball a lot. Ragland was attacking too...uh attacking the wrong gap in the wrong place at the wrong time
So what you're saying is that you've actually watched a game or two this season?

You know who finally looked less tentative last week? Sorensen. I mean he still looked slow, but that's because he's not terribly fast. He finally looked decisive again though. When he was near a play, he went 100 mph throughout and looked a ton more comfortable. It took 5 weeks to shake the rust off but he finally looked like the aggressive, but notably flawed, player he's been here for 3-4 years.

C'mon Berry - give us anything back there man and we may have something resembling fringe-average play from our safeties.

Nobody is asking for good at this point. We're just looking for something a hair short of abysmal.
[Reply]
Page 173 of 298
« First < 73123163169170171172173 174175176177183223273 > Last »
Up