[Reply]
Chief Northman 12:27 AM 10-22-2017
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
GROB SUTTON

I knew it!
[Reply]
BlackOp 01:04 AM 10-22-2017
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
My brother has been pounding the "NFL=WWF" line for a long time and I've always made excuses.

Maybe it's time to consider the possibility that these guys aren't just clueless idiots?

Not sure what's worse to be honest. Manipulation or the realization that the people making your team's (and most others') decisions are buffoons.
I'm entertaining the idea that Reid/Sutton dropped this game to do the NFL a solid...to be be paid back later.They've been around long enough to know how this truly works. Not a single sack on Carr...Sutton knows this is how you beat him...that and disrupt the WRs off the line. None of that happened....its like he designed a game plan on how to lose to Oakland. Very bizarre....Houston cant beat a backup RT...even once?

Raiders have a few prime time games coming up and a loss would essentially make those meaningless. The wonky officiating/scheduling kind of supports this. The game vs. the Pats in Mexico is very important to the league masters. Their final 6-7 games are brutal...they arent making the play-offs.

I still believe KC has been green lighted...
[Reply]
Only158 01:21 AM 10-22-2017
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
Good coaches motivate players and know when to cut them from the roster too. Bill Belichick does it best, because he's tough and nothing is personal other than winning. And Sutton needs to be that for the defensive side of the roster, or retire. Lord know Andy won't ever be Bill.
Just finished watching the CO/WSU game. Say/think/believe whatever you want about him but for my money the Pirate aka Mike Leach is a gosh darn flippin genius. He made his starting offense do up downs on the sidelines during a nationally televised game because....they had two consecutive three and outs. FLIPPING GENIUS!!!!! Little more of that in the NFL please???? BTW.... Craig James and his miniskirt wearing son are well....female dogs.

You feel me?
[Reply]
Baby Lee 04:20 AM 10-22-2017
Originally Posted by lcarus:
Shit I wanted him gone after that Indy playoff game.
I first said it after the Indy game. Sutton is Tag Heuer, not Husqvarna.

He builds watches, not buzzsaws. The Ryan lineage builds buzzsaws.

Someone above alluded to it above, when all our premium talent is beasting it's a masterpiece.

But pull a few key pieces out and you might as well have a friendship bracelet on your wrist, rather than a $5K Swiss timepiece.

It's a variation on Alex's major limitation. Alex executes the things he understands as well or better than anyone, but is a post when presented with novel information.

Similarly, Sutton designs a mighty defense when he has everyone he wants at his disposal, but when asked to improvise and fill holes, his plans go wonky.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 04:32 AM 10-22-2017
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
Carr had a hurt back. Why the fuck do you not blitz him early and often and get hits on him? Fucking pathetic.
Particularly since this has been his Achilles in our previous games against hi, even when healthy.

Carr is the rattlingest QB in the game today, reminds me of when we'd crush the souls of the likes of Jeff George, and we gave him a lifetime to make decisions.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 06:52 AM 10-22-2017
Originally Posted by BoneKrusher:
I just can't understand why you pay $50 million to Houston and keep him back in coverage.
$50M???

2016-Houston’s 444 pass-rush attempts ranked sixth in the NFL among outside linebackers, and his pass-rush percentage of 74.9 ― the percentage of times he rushed the passer per passing snap played ― ranked 34th among players at his position.

anyone find these for 2017?
[Reply]
Chiefs Moon 06:55 AM 10-22-2017
The defense is soft and that's on Sutton. When players embrace "bend but don't break," it's over. They are ok with getting rolled between the 20's. That's not the mentality of a championship defense. We don't force turnovers, and when turnovers are possible, we don't have DB's with ball skills-- especially now that EB is out. Peters is the lone ball hawk, but he's unwilling to tackle. Ford is a joke against the run and DJ has noticeably slowed. The mentality is all wrong to overcome where talent is lacking.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 07:09 AM 10-22-2017
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
I first said it after the Indy game. Sutton is Tag Heuer, not Husqvarna.

He builds watches, not buzzsaws. The Ryan lineage builds buzzsaws.

Someone above alluded to it above, when all our premium talent is beasting it's a masterpiece.

But pull a few key pieces out and you might as well have a friendship bracelet on your wrist, rather than a $5K Swiss timepiece.

It's a variation on Alex's major limitation. Alex executes the things he understands as well or better than anyone, but is a post when presented with novel information.

Similarly, Sutton designs a mighty defense when he has everyone he wants at his disposal, but when asked to improvise and fill holes, his plans go wonky.
This defense looked outstanding last year without mauga, barely a Poe, third string DEs, Houston, and with Mitchell as our #2 cb. They imploded after they lost DJ but what defense could have survived with the shitstain ilbs we ended the season with. His defense is banged up every year. A few years back, he ran a solid defense without Berry or DJ, and with Sean Smith as our #1 cb and we were so banged up that Gaines and even Parker had to play #2 cb. It's bs that Sutton is only good when he has star players.

For whatever reason, our defense this year isn't working. I hope it gets fixed. But let's not pretend Sutton was incompetent from the start. Our defense has carried this team the past 4 years.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 07:13 AM 10-22-2017
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
Sutton rushes three. You're sure to get pressure when two out of your three passrushers can be double teamed. All it takes is the OT to hold off Ford (who sucks) and Carr has all day to pick apart the secondary.

Maybe Peters was onto something for getting in Sutton's face.
I give Sutton credit for this strategy the first couple wks. It worked well against the Pats and Chargers and it was OK against the Redskins and Eagles but clearly teams have adjusted. Time to scrap the whole rushing 3 and only do it on rare occasions. It does not work..

The posters saying 'fire Sutton' that would be stupid at this point.. Sutton is a good coach. He is well respected throughout the league.. He will adjust... Still plenty of time left for the D to improve. No guarantee it will but no guarantee it won't either. Suttton has had plenty of success here. There is time for him to fix things and make adjustments...

Typical CP flip flop... 'Alex Smith only has a good record because of the team surrounding him... Our defense held Steelers to 18-pts..' Our defense looks bad this year 'Fire Sutton.. He sucks!' Well if he sucks then clearly Smitty deserves a lot of credit for winning... Which is it?

You guys crack me up...
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 07:26 AM 10-22-2017
Originally Posted by Chiefs Moon:
The defense is soft and that's on Sutton. When players embrace "bend but don't break," it's over. They are ok with getting rolled between the 20's. That's not the mentality of a championship defense. We don't force turnovers, and when turnovers are possible, we don't have DB's with ball skills-- especially now that EB is out. Peters is the lone ball hawk, but he's unwilling to tackle. Ford is a joke against the run and DJ has noticeably slowed. The mentality is all wrong to overcome where talent is lacking.
It was a really interesting adjustment. The whole rush 3 thing. It was a brilliant adjustment to account for spread, quick strike, pick play offenses. But he has to make the counter adjustment and I'm glad it's getting exposed now vs later. First of all, we have to get a million times better at timing the jump ball. I don't subscribe to the idea that we have to blitz more, but we have to get much much better at creating pressure.

Sutton made in game adjustments in Pitt to bring a bigger defensive front in, which carried over to Oakland. So it looks like he's trying to make adjustments. He just hasn't found the right one yet. We'll see what he does after 11 days to plan for Oakland. Hopefully he sees tape of the siemian debacle last year and figures out a way to stop the pass.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 08:14 AM 10-22-2017
Originally Posted by Only158:
Just finished watching the CO/WSU game. Say/think/believe whatever you want about him but for my money the Pirate aka Mike Leach is a gosh darn flippin genius. He made his starting offense do up downs on the sidelines during a nationally televised game because....they had two consecutive three and outs. FLIPPING GENIUS!!!!! Little more of that in the NFL please???? BTW.... Craig James and his miniskirt wearing son are well....female dogs.

You feel me?
Up-Downs during a game. Wow...
[Reply]
GloryDayz 08:22 AM 10-22-2017
Originally Posted by Chiefs Moon:
Great post.

And the O-line is in the same mentality boat as the D. They are weak fucks who probably couldn't start on many other winning teams.
[Reply]
Rausch 08:22 AM 10-22-2017
Originally Posted by petegz28:
That is all.

[Reply]
cooper barrett 09:03 AM 10-22-2017
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
Great post.

And the O-line is in the same mentality boat as the D. They are weak ****s who probably could start on many other winning teams.
That's not true.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:13 AM 10-22-2017
Time to admit the players are being soft pussies who can't cover routine deep passes, including Marcus Peters.

Not scheme when a routine deep pass is completed or players are not in position to defend and draw DPI.

Worst part is they know it's a deep pass. They literally see it coming and suck. Happened vs Washington, in the garbage time Hail Mary's in Houston and now when we ****ing know the Raiders have to pass deep.

Bad tackling, bad angles, bad position. That's on the players.
[Reply]
Page 15 of 298
« First < 51112131415 161718192565115 > Last »
Up