ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1361 of 2687
« First < 36186112611311135113571358135913601361 136213631364136513711411146118612361 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
DRM08 07:42 PM 12-12-2018
If Mahomes wants to win big over a long time, he will do a pretty good size discount for the Chiefs.

But it would be hard to blame him for looking around the league at guys like Mayfield, Trubisky, Wentz, and Goff...all of them got a lot more money than him on that first contract because of their spot in the draft. If he demands top dollar on the next contract, you really can't blame him. Mayfield's signing bonus alone was $6m higher than what Mahomes will be paid for his entire 4-year contract.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 07:44 PM 12-12-2018
Mahomes is potentially a billion dollar asset for the Hunts. They will pay him very well.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 07:46 PM 12-12-2018
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Yeah this BS line that since Dad was rich, Mahomes won’t ask for top $ is complete crap. He will ask and the Chiefs will give him the largest guaranteed money ever in the NFL. They will add.... thank you sir, may I have another.

Our only risk here, and it’s a minor one, is that Andy leaves/retires and Mahomes doesn’t like the new coach.
He grew up upper/middle class. Father was very successful but not in a sustainable way. He saw and understood that. He's not dumb. He understands the KC connection but he's not giving them a tremendous discount.

We'll have him forever. I do think he'll be like the Bradys of the world who want to get paid but understand the bigger picture. He's amazing. I couldn't begrudge him for a second of anything.
[Reply]
Best22 07:56 PM 12-12-2018
Right now he leads the league in touchdowns, yards, and is tied for first in wins. Leads the highest scoring offense in the NFL, and did it all with a bottom 5 defense

No one deserves to be paid more than him (assuming his elite play continues).

Worth EVERY penny. And then some
[Reply]
vailpass 08:06 PM 12-12-2018
Outsider looking in: kid is even better than advertised.
[Reply]
suzzer99 08:11 PM 12-12-2018
How about this contract? Every year unless we renegotiate or cut him, Mahomes is the highest paid QB in football by $100. He'd be taking less at first, but he wouldn't have to worry about having some scrub make a lot more than him 8 years into his contract. Not sure how the guaranteed money would work - but someone can figure that out. Maybe 8 years guaranteed or something.
[Reply]
Sannyasi 08:15 PM 12-12-2018
Something about people trying to count his money kind of rubs me the wrong way. If he continues to be the best QB in the NFL then he should get paid like one. Let's not try to cheapskate the guy. People are building up this expectation that if he doesn't take a discount, he's not a team player which isn't really fair. There's plenty of money left to put a team around the guy that can win.

A generational talent like Mahomes is invaluable in terms of not just what he does on the field but the attention he brings to the franchise. If we made him the highest paid QB in the league he's probably still "worth" double that. The difference between him and a guy like Cousins is just immeasurable.
[Reply]
Iconic 08:20 PM 12-12-2018
Any thought of him taking a discount on that first contract is stupid, that's the first REAL bit of money he's going to make and he will want as much of it as reasonably possible. He'll deserve it, and we will gladly oblige.

IMO I do think he's the type to take a discount on his second contract though, he'll be hitting his 30s by then, money won't be an issue then, and like Brady he'll want to chase those rings more than ever at that point.
[Reply]
DRM08 08:25 PM 12-12-2018
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
How about this contract? Every year unless we renegotiate or cut him, Mahomes is the highest paid QB in football by $100. He'd be taking less at first, but he wouldn't have to worry about having some scrub make a lot more than him 8 years into his contract. Not sure how the guaranteed money would work - but someone can figure that out. Maybe 8 years guaranteed or something.
I'm surprised Rodgers didn't do something like that around 5 years ago. Didn't take long for his "highest salary" to go down the tubes as a bunch of very average QB's jumped above him thanks to the salary cap increases.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:30 PM 12-12-2018
Originally Posted by Sannyasi:
Something about people trying to count his money kind of rubs me the wrong way. If he continues to be the best QB in the NFL then he should get paid like one. Let's not try to cheapskate the guy. People are building up this expectation that if he doesn't take a discount, he's not a team player which isn't really fair. There's plenty of money left to put a team around the guy that can win.

A generational talent like Mahomes is invaluable in terms of not just what he does on the field but the attention he brings to the franchise. If we made him the highest paid QB in the league he's probably still "worth" double that. The difference between him and a guy like Cousins is just immeasurable.
Mahomes is going to be the biggest thing in Kansas City since barbecue.

By the time he retires he should have:

1. His own restaurant
2. His own BBQ sauce
3. His own street
4. His own statue

Did I miss anything?
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 08:32 PM 12-12-2018
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:

1. His own restaurant
2. His own BBQ sauce
3. His own street
4. His own statue

Did I miss anything?
His own suburb
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:33 PM 12-12-2018

1. His own restaurant
2. His own BBQ sauce
3. His own street
4. His own statue

Did I miss anything?
Yeah. Bags full of cash in leiu of salary cap dollars
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 08:34 PM 12-12-2018

1. His own restaurant
2. His own BBQ sauce
3. His own street
4. His own statue

Did I miss anything?
His own personal oil fields from the Hunts
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 08:34 PM 12-12-2018
He'll be to KC what Ray Lewis was to Baltimore. He could kill a mofo or 20 and it'd be all good so long as he brings home a Lombardi.
[Reply]
Munson 08:41 PM 12-12-2018

1. His own restaurant
2. His own BBQ sauce
3. His own street
4. His own statue

Did I miss anything?

- His own signature shoes (and perhaps an entire line of sports wear)
- His own brand of ketchup
[Reply]
Page 1361 of 2687
« First < 36186112611311135113571358135913601361 136213631364136513711411146118612361 > Last »
Up