ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 8
< 1234 5678 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Frozen Pizza: Homerun Inn Pizza
CoMoChief 07:23 PM 06-09-2013
Just bought at Costco (2) one sausage, one pepperoni Chicago's Homerun Inn frozen pizza. Heard it was the shit on this site. I'm about to try it out.

Will I be disappointed? Normally I'm a quantity over quality kinda person when it comes to frozen pizza. I'll go to the local grocery store and will get those Tostitos Party Pizzas because they're $1/pizza and they'll usually fill me up.

If I want good pizza I'll go to Bronx, Tim's or FunHouse around town here in KC and sit down at the restaurant and eat it fresh.
[Reply]
Pablo 12:23 PM 12-10-2016
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
I'm normally a "like whatever you like, every palate is different" kind of guy, but Lou Malnati's is the one true mystery to me. People who's culinary opinion I respect LOVE Lou Malnati's to the point where I've had nearly every pizza they make trying to understand it. But I don't. It does nothing for me.

That said, the main reason I love HRI is that its really closest to the homemade pizza my mom made growing up. The butter in the crust, the simple canned tasting tomato paste of the sauce. It's that familiarity that tastes the best. It's totally a preference and I get the irony.
Home Run Inn is alright. The cheese and crust are pretty good. The crust is a different animal, but I can appreciate it.

The tomato sauce is too bland for me to consider buying it regularly.

I do like the Screaming Sicilian brand of pizza.
[Reply]
Miles 12:40 PM 12-10-2016
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
I'm normally a "like whatever you like, every palate is different" kind of guy, but Lou Malnati's is the one true mystery to me. People who's culinary opinion I respect LOVE Lou Malnati's to the point where I've had nearly every pizza they make trying to understand it. But I don't. It does nothing for me.

That said, the main reason I love HRI is that its really closest to the homemade pizza my mom made growing up. The butter in the crust, the simple canned tasting tomato paste of the sauce. It's that familiarity that tastes the best. It's totally a preference and I get the irony.
Lou Malnati's may be overrated but it pretty damn good. Though I probably like their thin crust better than the Chicago style.
[Reply]
KCUnited 12:47 PM 12-10-2016
Originally Posted by Pablo:
Home Run Inn is alright. The cheese and crust are pretty good. The crust is a different animal, but I can appreciate it.

The tomato sauce is too bland for me to consider buying it regularly.

I do like the Screaming Sicilian brand of pizza.
That sauce is bland AF, no argument there.

Originally Posted by Miles:
Lou Malnati's may be overrated but it pretty damn good. Though I probably like their thin crust better than the Chicago style.
Malnati's is the Gates of well known Chicago pizza.
[Reply]
Simply Red 12:18 AM 12-11-2016
ok CoMo - even though your opinion is turd (usually) - I have one HRIP in the oven - pepperoni.
[Reply]
Simply Red 12:38 AM 12-11-2016
it's good
[Reply]
Simply Red 12:44 AM 12-11-2016
it's a little like a less greasy Reggio's
[Reply]
Simply Red 12-11-2016, 12:45 AM
This message has been deleted by Simply Red.
Simply Red 12-11-2016, 12:46 AM
This message has been deleted by Simply Red. Reason: maybe I misunderstood.
Simply Red 12:54 AM 12-11-2016
Solid - would buy again.
[Reply]
stanleychief 01:15 AM 12-11-2016
Originally Posted by prhom:
Home Run Inn is the Tyreek Hill of frozen pizza. People seem to either like it or hate it. It's my favorite frozen pizza, but my wife hates it.
Does it punch you in the gut when you least expect it?
[Reply]
jspchief 07:35 AM 12-11-2016
Jack's. Original. Directly on the oven rack
[Reply]
Simply Red 11:47 AM 12-11-2016
Originally Posted by jspchief:
Jack's. Original. Directly on the oven rack
will try.
[Reply]
patteeu 11:53 AM 12-11-2016
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
will try.
I wouldn't bother. It's alright for cheap frozen pizza, but that's it.
[Reply]
mlyonsd 12:18 PM 12-11-2016
Originally Posted by patteeu:
I wouldn't bother. It's alright for cheap frozen pizza, but that's it.
This.

I like Bellatoria or Lottza Motzza. I usually buy some fresh ground beef and sausage out of the meat case and add it to the pizza. That might be considered cheating for the purposes of the thread though.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 12:34 PM 11-18-2018
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
I had a Homerun a few months ago. Terrible. Didn't even finish it.
Tried one of these again and need to amend my answer. Not bad. For $6, it's one of the better frozen pizzas.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 12:38 PM 11-18-2018
Originally Posted by HonestChieffan:
were you high?
Obviously not, or he would smashed it.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 12:39 PM 11-18-2018
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
Obviously not, or he would smashed it.
It's funny. I was on some Percocet when I had it this last time.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 8
< 1234 5678 >
Up