ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2228 of 2228
« First < 1228172821282178221822242225222622272228
The Lounge>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
TEX 11:37 AM Today
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
You're right... they couldn't have won the HOU game with that missed FG in the final 3 minutes. I've been so blind and out of my mind with commentary. Thank you for showing me the error of my ways.

Regarding injuries, I'm not sure that I've played that card outside of last week. And, you should note that I did not say they only lost because of the injuries, Denver's defense with Harris likely still lets Kittle run wild.

Quite certain I never said they were one turnover away from beating the Ravens. Hell, Denver had the lone turnover of that game. Denver scored TDs on their first two drives... punted on their next 7 drives, threw the INT and the game ended on downs. But, I get it, you're were just stream of thought BS'ing... it's ok.

You're excited and I understand... Denver stinks and KC is rolling, it's all good.
Ok... You did say Denver finishes 9-7. I said 7-9. Watch them finish 8-8 THIS year. :-)
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 11:42 AM Today
Originally Posted by TEX:
Ok... You did say Denver finishes 9-7. I said 7-9. Watch them finish 8-8 THIS year. :-)
See, predictions are never made with a tie in mind.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 11:47 AM Today
1182 days since Dungver beat KC and counting

1550 days since Dungver has beaten KC at Pile High and counting...
[Reply]
TEX 11:55 AM Today
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
See, predictions are never made with a tie in mind.
But it WILL count as a non-losing season, and I bet you'll gladly take it to preserve the record of not having back-to-back losing seasons. :-)
[Reply]
TEX 11:58 AM Today
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
1182 days since Dungver beat KC and counting

1550 days since Dungver has beaten KC at Pile High and counting...
:-) Oh, how high can it go???

And MHM said come talk to him when it reached 5 games...:-)
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 02:00 PM Today
Originally Posted by TEX:
But it WILL count as a non-losing season, and I bet you'll gladly take it to preserve the record of not having back-to-back losing seasons. :-)
Originally Posted by TEX:
:-) Oh, how high can it go???

And MHM said come talk to him when it reached 5 games...:-)
It's been a good stretch for KC... they're now tied with Denver in the H2H series of longest active winning streaks against the other team.

Wikipedia has most of the rivalry stuff all in one place, gotta love it. KC wins one more against Denver in their first game next season and KC can own the "lead for the decade".

2010: tied at 9-9
2000: 11-9 adv Den
1990: 11-10 adv Den
1980: 11-8 adv Den
1970: 12-8 adv Den
1960: 19-1 adv Dallas Texans/KC

I wasn't around in the 60s... but, it's safe to say that for as long as I can remember it's been one hell of a rivalry. And, KC fans can say that Denver has never once led in the overall H2H series... hell, Denver was 1 game from being tied before this most recent 7 game streak.

It's funny how lopsided it's been since 2012, 7 straight vs 7 straight... bring on 2019.
[Reply]
TEX 02:14 PM Today
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
It's been a good stretch for KC... they're now tied with Denver in the H2H series of longest active winning streaks against the other team.

Wikipedia has most of the rivalry stuff all in one place, gotta love it. KC wins one more against Denver in their first game next season and KC can own the "lead for the decade".

2010: tied at 9-9
2000: 11-9 adv Den
1990: 11-10 adv Den
1980: 11-8 adv Den
1970: 12-8 adv Den
1960: 19-1 adv Dallas Texans/KC

I wasn't around in the 60s... but, it's safe to say that for as long as I can remember it's been one hell of a rivalry. And, KC fans can say that Denver has never once led in the overall H2H series... hell, Denver was 1 game from being tied before this most recent 7 game streak.

It's funny how lopsided it's been since 2012, 7 straight vs 7 straight... bring on 2019.
Glad to see you're finally counting the early AFL Days. You and I argued about that YEARS AGO! :-)

BUT I'm no dummy, well yes I am, but regardless - I'm smart enough to know that KC needs to make it count, and win a Super Bowl (or a few) to validate it and shut you guys up. Maybe Mahomes gets us there. Kid certainly looks like he'll do his part! :-)

Streaks are nice, but they all end, but titles last FOREVER!
(Even when you cheat to get them like you guys did)
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 02:38 PM Today
Originally Posted by TEX:
BUT I'm no dummy, well yes I am, but regardless - I'm smart enough to know that KC needs to make it count, and win a Super Bowl (or a few) to validate it and shut you guys up. Maybe Mahomes gets us there. Kid certainly looks like he'll do his part! :-)

Streaks are nice, but they all end, but titles last FOREVER!
(Even when you cheat to get them like you guys did)
Totally ... regular season stats and records and are great, but without the postseason success and hardware, it kinda loses its steam.

In 2007, the Patriots won 17 games before having their lone loss in the SB... puts a huge stain on that 16-0 regular season, nobody really talks much about it.
[Reply]
Best22 03:08 PM Today
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
It's been a good stretch for KC... they're now tied with Denver in the H2H series of longest active winning streaks against the other team.

Wikipedia has most of the rivalry stuff all in one place, gotta love it. KC wins one more against Denver in their first game next season and KC can own the "lead for the decade".

2010: tied at 9-9
2000: 11-9 adv Den
1990: 11-10 adv Den
1980: 11-8 adv Den
1970: 12-8 adv Den
1960: 19-1 adv Dallas Texans/KC

I wasn't around in the 60s... but, it's safe to say that for as long as I can remember it's been one hell of a rivalry. And, KC fans can say that Denver has never once led in the overall H2H series... hell, Denver was 1 game from being tied before this most recent 7 game streak.

It's funny how lopsided it's been since 2012, 7 straight vs 7 straight... bring on 2019.
Better QB leads to domination

60s: Dawson>Bronco trash
70: Chiefs were garbage
80s: Elway>Chiefs trash
90s: Elway>retreads
00s: Even
10: Manning>Chiefs, Smith>Bronco trash, Mahomes>Keenum
[Reply]
TwistedChief 05:49 PM Today
I don't frequent this thread so I apologize if missed this during my cursory inspection, but this is a good overview of the Broncos ownership mess:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/12/s...gtype=Homepage
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 06:09 PM Today
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
I don't frequent this thread so I apologize if missed this during my cursory inspection, but this is a good overview of the Broncos ownership mess:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/12/s...gtype=Homepage
Yeah, it's a hot mess... looked like they had a sound plan to do a transition, but here we are.
[Reply]
Superturtle 06:17 PM Today
Bad ownership can completely tank a team.
[Reply]
TEX 06:57 PM Today
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
I don't frequent this thread so I apologize if missed this during my cursory inspection, but this is a good overview of the Broncos ownership mess:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/12/s...gtype=Homepage

FUCK DONK FOREVER! :-)
[Reply]
TwistedChief 07:04 PM Today
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Bad ownership can completely tank a team.
A good thing our stable ownership structure has produced such success. :-)
[Reply]
Best22 07:09 PM Today
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
I don't frequent this thread so I apologize if missed this during my cursory inspection, but this is a good overview of the Broncos ownership mess:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/12/s...gtype=Homepage
What mess? I thought this man was their owner?


[Reply]
Page 2228 of 2228
« First < 1228172821282178221822242225222622272228
Up