ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 69 of 90
« First < 19596566676869 7071727379 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2020 College Football
Pointer19 06:38 PM 09-08-2020
With many teams/conferences withdrawing from competition this year, it's going to be an interesting race to the top. My bold prediction? Army is the only team to play enough games to be eligible for a bowl and wins the National Championship by default.

Army shut out Middle Tennessee, Navy got destroyed by BYU, and Air Force is too scared to play anybody other than the other academies. Who'd you watch this weekend?

[Reply]
Mecca 10:24 PM 01-01-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Yea it’s his coach, arguably the best coach in CFB :-)

Sorry, but that’s not an excuse for him.
He's the best coach because southern parents love his religion shit so he gets players, 98% of college coaching is recruiting.

You'd never know they had a generational prospect at QB with how they play.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:24 PM 01-01-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Ok sure but he is not going to succeed without a good coach that can fix him before he plays...

If he's a top 5 pick it's not gonna happen.
Osu has had career pocket qbs who were huge risks reading defenses (Cardale, Haskins) and athletic qbs who were pathetic passers (Pryor). These are unfair comparisons. Fields is easily their best prospect in some time. With poor coaching at worst he's a better tedy Bridgewater but more likely a Dak Prescott like prospect. He has a pretty high floor even if his ceiling is very uncertain.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:25 PM 01-01-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
I've consistently stated (on here) that I don't see it. He could be good, but he's not Mahomes good.
Nobody would be saying anything like that if he played for a team like Texas Tech.

People get overly excited about young QB’s winning on great teams in college. It means absolutely nothing.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:25 PM 01-01-2021
He's the best coach because southern parents love his religion shit so he gets players, 98% of college coaching is recruiting.

You'd never know they had a generational prospect at QB with how they play.
Maybe, just maybe, it’s because Lawrence is a tad bit overrated and not the generational talent that he’s made out to be.

He’s not nearly as talented as Mahomes.

He’s a very safe prospect with a very high floor, but he’s not as special as people hype him to be
[Reply]
ForeverIowan 10:26 PM 01-01-2021
If I'm the Jets I think long and hard about Penei Sewell at tackle to pair with Mekhi Becton and draft Darnold another playmaker with pick 27. Id have a hard time as a fan giving up on him just yet until you give him more talent to work with. If all else fails you have two stud tackles and a couple playmakers when you draft your franchise QB in 2022.
[Reply]
tredadda 10:26 PM 01-01-2021
People forget that Fields was a more highly rated recruit than Lawrence. He's no slouch and far better QB than anyone to come out of Ohio State in a long time. To look at previous OSU QBs and use that against Fields is as silly as judging Mahomes because of the failures of Air Raid QBs.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:26 PM 01-01-2021
He ended up getting the job done that drive but Lawrence doesn't look all that good when he's playing from behind.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:27 PM 01-01-2021
Nobody would be saying anything like that if he played for a team like Texas Tech.

People get overly excited about young QB’s winning on great teams in college. It means absolutely nothing.
To be fair here, Lawrence has been on the map forever. He was the #1 recruit out of HS.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:27 PM 01-01-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
He ended up getting the job done that drive but Lawrence doesn't look all that good when he's playing from behind.
According to Mecca that’s all Dabo’s fault.
[Reply]
tredadda 10:27 PM 01-01-2021
I don’t either.

I would stick with Darnold and draft Sewell.

But that doesn’t mean Fields has no shot like Haskins either.
Why? Beckton has been very good this year as a rookie.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:27 PM 01-01-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
I think Darnold is going to develop.
I don't. Hes got great arm talent but the dude reminds me of a good character Jay cutler. I can't get out of my head the way the guy sleepwalked to the line in the 4th quarter down two TDs in the rose bowl. Burned every second of playclock in that situation in the biggest situation of his college career.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:28 PM 01-01-2021
To be fair here, Lawrence has been on the map forever. He was the #1 recruit out of HS.
Yes I know.

That has nothing to do with the hype he’s gotten as an NFL prospect because he came onto the scene as a Freshman playing on the best team in CFB and won a title.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:28 PM 01-01-2021
Originally Posted by tredadda:
People forget that Fields was a more highly rated recruit than Lawrence. He's no slouch and far better QB than anyone to come out of Ohio State in a long time. To look at previous OSU QBs and use that against Fields is as silly as judging Mahomes because of the failures of Air Raid QBs.
Eh I don't think Fields was higher rates, it is funny though that he transferred out of Georgia cause of Jake Fromm though.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:29 PM 01-01-2021
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Why? Beckton has been very good this year as a rookie.
Because Sewell is the #2 prospect in this draft IMO and it’s not close.

You can have both and have the best bookend T’s in the NFL on rookie deals.
[Reply]
DRM08 10:29 PM 01-01-2021

In Trevor’s case, the hype machine has been going since he was in high school. He’s very talented, but don’t think he has a Mahomes ceiling. He has been pretty fortunate to be surrounded by a lot of 5-star talent on his college team.
[Reply]
Page 69 of 90
« First < 19596566676869 7071727379 > Last »
Up