ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 18 of 57
« First < 81415161718 1920212228 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Marcus Peters also had verbal altercation with assistant coach Sunday
Tribal Warfare 12:59 PM 12-09-2017
http://amp.kansascity.com/sports/nfl...mpression=true

Chiefs cornerback Marcus Peters’ frustration following the Chiefs’ 38-31 loss to the New York Jets didn’t end immediately after the game, it appears.

According to a report by NFL Network’s Mike Garafalo, Peters also had a verbal altercation with an assistant coach on the bus during the team’s ride to airport following the game. The assistant coach was not named.

The Star reported Thursday that Peters’ suspension was related to his decision to leave the field prematurely following the flag toss. The club viewed that as a team issue, as opposed to the penalty flag toss, which it deemed a league issue that Peters was ultimately fined $24,409 for on Friday.

The NFL Network report cited Peters’ decision to leave the field as a reason for the one-game suspension coach Andy Reid levied on him earlier this week, with the verbal altercation also being a contributing factor.

The Chiefs still had a little over two minutes left to tie the game, and Peters returned to the sideline –– albeit with no socks –– as the offense made its last-gasp attempt. But the drive stalled out, and the Chiefs lost for the sixth time in seven games.

Peters’ suspension means the Oakland native will miss the Chiefs’ showdown Sunday against his hometown Raiders. He was not allowed to practice this week and will forfeit a game check.
[Reply]
staylor26 05:32 PM 02-19-2018
Originally Posted by Coogs:
Kerwin and Miller said they have been hearing and talking about this for 2 weeks. I can't vouch for this, but I can't dispute it either.
When is the last time either of those guys broke Chiefs news? Or any big news at all?

Clearly, people are speculating about it, so it shouldn’t be a surprise that others heard this too.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 05:32 PM 02-19-2018
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Well, Andy Reid, for one, who suspended him last year.

A reasonable person can’t look at this situation in a vacuum.

There are lots of moving parts.
His emotions were in check post suspension. It's not going to keep them from not getting best return possible, if that's the direction they go.

He still has one cheap year left, an option year and a franchise year before they realistically would need to let him go or pay him mega deal.

He's not going anywhere today.
[Reply]
O.city 05:32 PM 02-19-2018
Damn
[Reply]
Chiefs Pantalones 05:32 PM 02-19-2018
Unless he says he’s not signing an extension, you don’t trade players on a HOF path. This would be dumb aka a total Chiefs move.
[Reply]
O.city 05:35 PM 02-19-2018
Wonder if the chiefs are leaking this to try and motivate him a little?
[Reply]
Chiefs=Champions 05:37 PM 02-19-2018
The problem with speculation on a potential trade is its a win, win for reporters. Either the team trades him and you broke breaking news, or they dont and you say 'well it was discussed.' Unless its one of the big 3 reporting this, i simply cannot believe it.
[Reply]
The Franchise 05:38 PM 02-19-2018
Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones:
Unless he says he’s not signing an extension, you don’t trade players on a HOF path. This would be dumb aka a total Chiefs move.
This. It’s fucking borderline retarded to trade him. Last time I hadn’t heard anything about him holding out or even threatening to hold out.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 05:38 PM 02-19-2018
Originally Posted by O.city:
Why would that motivate him?

Either he’s traded to another team that has to deal with his antics or he plays under his current contract until he’s a free agent.

I don’t understand why the notion of him being traded would change his behavior.

He’s gonna play football somewhere and he knows it.
[Reply]
The Franchise 05:39 PM 02-19-2018
Originally Posted by :
CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora "continues to hear" that LCB Marcus Peters "may not be long" for Kansas City.
La Canfora is not the first to mention a potential Peters trade, and he expects that chatter to "intensify" at the NFL Combine. The Chiefs were left in horrible salary-cap condition by fired GM John Dorsey and may not believe they can fit a forthcoming Peters extension onto their books. For 2018, however, Peters is signed for just $1.74 million. Ideally, the Chiefs would keep Peters for at least one more year, and perhaps revisit a trade next offseason.
The smart thing to do is let him play out this year and then revisit the trade scenario.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:39 PM 02-19-2018
Originally Posted by O.city:
Marcus Peters needs to learn to chill the fuck out, not play even more high strung than he already was.
[Reply]
O.city 05:41 PM 02-19-2018
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Why would that motivate him?

Either he’s traded to another team that has to deal with his antics or he plays under his current contract until he’s a free agent.

I don’t understand why the notion of him being traded would change his behavior.

He’s gonna play football somewhere and he knows it.
Maybe to show him he’s not above being traded? Hell I dunno
[Reply]
ILChief 05:41 PM 02-19-2018
If this is BS, Veach needs to come out and say so
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 05:43 PM 02-19-2018
Originally Posted by ILChief:
If this is BS, Veach needs to come out and say so
:-)
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:43 PM 02-19-2018
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
That's just so ****ing dumb on the part of Reid though, if this is all true. Its not like he didn't do homework on the guy. Its not even like he's just an above average player either, he's been an All Pro already with only 3 seasons played.
I'm not gonna get too worked up about this just yet

There might be something to it, it could also be a huge pile of crap :-)
[Reply]
The Franchise 05:44 PM 02-19-2018
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
I'm not gonna get too worked up about this just yet

There might be something to it, it could also be a huge pile of crap :-)
If they trade him...it is what it is. But it better be for at least a fucking 1st rounder.
[Reply]
Page 18 of 57
« First < 81415161718 1920212228 > Last »
Up