ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 385 of 386
« First < 285335375381382383384385 386 >
Media Center>Game of Thrones Seasons 7-8
keg in kc 02:23 PM 05-24-2017
About to hit the 5000 post mark on the old thread, the first season 7 trailer today seems like the right time to start the final Game of Thones thread.

I'm going back to the original rules pre-2015. I don't think we need supervision or bannings. Just don't be a dick. Post anything you find online that hasn't aired yet inside of spoiler tags. That's pretty much it. I think we can all handle that...

For future us, 2015 thread is here: Link
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:43 AM 06-20-2022
I’d rather just have them reboot the last 2 seasons.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:45 AM 06-20-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
I’d rather just have them reboot the last 2 seasons.
Nah, not until Tits McGee can take a break from taking a break and finish his fucking shit.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:51 AM 06-20-2022
Sanctimonious cunt goes on his blog and makes passive aggressive swipes about how he doesn't appreciate the fans wanting him to hurry his ass up. It's been over a literal DECADE since the last one and he's spent more than enough time producing other people writing the shit he should be, badly, and making entire mythos for other projects. If he's given up on finishing the shit at least have the decency to come out and say it.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 12:07 PM 06-20-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Sanctimonious cunt goes on his blog and makes passive aggressive swipes about how he doesn't appreciate the fans wanting him to hurry his ass up. It's been over a literal DECADE since the last one and he's spent more than enough time producing other people writing the shit he should be, badly, and making entire mythos for other projects. If he's given up on finishing the shit at least have the decency to come out and say it.
GRRM will never finish his series. He just doesn't care.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 12:25 PM 06-20-2022
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
I know there is a lot of material about the history and lore of Westeros that basically reads like historical textbooks and has some great works building. But I was thinking that all predates the events of GofT. Is there stuff written about Jon after the events to go off or are they just going to create things from nothing?
Last thing published about Jon Snow was him getting stabbed by his Night's Watch bros and bleeding out so any of this spinoff will be original material
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 01:07 PM 06-20-2022
I had vowed to be done with this universe until the inevitable happens: Martin dies, and Brandon Sanderson comes riding in on a white horse, furiously writing to wrap things up and fix everything.

But I’ll PROBABLY give this a shot.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 01:43 PM 06-20-2022
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
I had vowed to be done with this universe until the inevitable happens: Martin dies, and Brandon Sanderson comes riding in on a white horse, furiously writing to wrap things up and fix everything.

But I’ll PROBABLY give this a shot.
That would be pretty bad ass. Dude could probably fit it in as well. His ability to pump out massive quantities of high quality stories is amazing.
[Reply]
BigRichard 06:02 PM 06-20-2022
Did that fat fuck die yet? Or possibly those two fucks that wrote the show? Only good reason to bump this thread.
[Reply]
Bowser 07:42 PM 06-20-2022
I'm not interested in watching Jon Snow mope at the wall about killing Danerys and not bringing the Stark and Targaryen houses together to rule over Westeros as he should have. Maybe if Arya goes up there and beats his ass for it, I'll tune in.
[Reply]
raybec 4 07:46 PM 06-20-2022
Originally Posted by Bowser:
I'm not interested in watching Jon Snow mope at the wall about killing Danerys and not bringing the Stark and Targaryen houses together to rule over Westeros as he should have. Maybe if Arya goes up there and beats his ass for it, I'll tune in.
Eeyore is not a compelling series on his own. He needs someone to make him act like a man.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:50 PM 06-20-2022
Maybe they'll have him doing something different that parroting "muh kween" for a change. That'd be neat.
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:58 PM 06-20-2022
Originally Posted by notorious:
Not excited at all.

They really fucked up.

Imagine botching a series end run so badly that you cost yourself billions in future revenue.

They will never regain the magic they captured.
And torching your career. I'm not sure they've worked since. See Superturtle below.

I've honestly gotten to the point where I feel a bit sorry for D&D. It's not their fault they're talentless hacks when it comes to actually writing a story. Blame GRRM for being too lazy to finish his story.
Fair perspective. D&D made some damned good television. Then They got too big for their britches and started looking for greener pastures.

They had other projects lined up with Netflix and Star Wars. Unfortunately for them they were effectively told to fuck off by pretty much everyone after that disaster piece they put on. So that backfired in the worst way possible
Rightfully so, IMO.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 08:44 PM 06-20-2022
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
Eeyore is not a compelling series on his own. He needs someone to make him act like a man.
Sounds like a job for Tormund.
[Reply]
Frazod 09:29 PM 06-20-2022
Originally Posted by Bowser:

[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:54 AM 06-21-2022
They had other projects lined up with Netflix and Star Wars. Unfortunately for them they were effectively told to **** off by pretty much everyone after that disaster piece they put on. So that backfired in the worst way possible
Why would Netflix and Disney or anyone else ever trust them again? Your corporation gets a big hit and they get tired of it before its finished and want to move on. Just shit all over the corporate golden goose.

Billion $ corporations don't allow people to come back from that type of screw up. Especially, if they are not sorry or contrite. Haven't even talked about their mistake in public. Re-enforcing their arrogance and disregard for the fans.
[Reply]
Page 385 of 386
« First < 285335375381382383384385 386 >
Up