ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 384 of 386
« First < 284334374380381382383384 385386 >
Media Center>Game of Thrones Seasons 7-8
keg in kc 02:23 PM 05-24-2017
About to hit the 5000 post mark on the old thread, the first season 7 trailer today seems like the right time to start the final Game of Thones thread.

I'm going back to the original rules pre-2015. I don't think we need supervision or bannings. Just don't be a dick. Post anything you find online that hasn't aired yet inside of spoiler tags. That's pretty much it. I think we can all handle that...

For future us, 2015 thread is here: Link
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:58 PM 06-19-2022
They have a Jon Snow sequel series in development? How about filling in all the missing and glossed over parts of season 8 first?

https://www.esquire.com/entertainmen...rones-spinoff/
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:45 PM 06-19-2022
I'll watch as long as D&D aren't involved in any way.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 06:44 AM 06-20-2022
What is the point of a John Snow series? What, are they gonna have him in the North doing...things?

Count me out. They fucked up the show so bad I don't want to give them any chance at pissing me off again.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 07:05 AM 06-20-2022
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven:
What is the point of a John Snow series? What, are they gonna have him in the North doing...things?

Count me out. They fucked up the show so bad I don't want to give them any chance at pissing me off again.
Does seem a bit weird to have a spinoff of a main character. Usually you'll see that of a popular side character who didn't receive much screen time the first go 'round.

I think this is sort of unique to the flub of the final few seasons of the show. And for the record, I don't believe the guys who were involved with the original show will be brought in to do anything else. IIRC, HBO wanted like 10-12 seasons but the directors basically speed ran the ending because they wanted to be done with it, totally botching it in the process.

Imagine fumbling that bag...
[Reply]
notorious 08:15 AM 06-20-2022
Not excited at all.

They really fucked up.

Imagine botching a series end run so badly that you cost yourself billions in future revenue.

They will never regain the magic they captured.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:25 AM 06-20-2022
Originally Posted by notorious:
Not excited at all.

They really fucked up.

Imagine botching a series end run so badly that you cost yourself billions in future revenue.

They will never regain the magic they captured.
GRRM Kind of forgot about finishing his story.
[Reply]
notorious 08:28 AM 06-20-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
GRRM Kind of forgot about finishing his story.
Fuck him and the two dipshits that Stephen King’d the ending.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:39 AM 06-20-2022
Originally Posted by notorious:
Fuck him and the two dipshits that Stephen King’d the ending.
I've honestly gotten to the point where I feel a bit sorry for D&D. It's not their fault they're talentless hacks when it comes to actually writing a story. Blame GRRM for being too lazy to finish his story.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:44 AM 06-20-2022
Now, they are a couple of limp dick pussies for killing off Barristan Selmy much earlier than the story called for because his actor had enough passion to tell them how bad their shit sucked.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:23 AM 06-20-2022
They did some decent work, especially when they had some source material to build on.

For example: I don't believe any of the dialogue between Arya and Tywin from the show ever took place in the books.

Hardhome was basically all original. The Battle of the Bastards (I actually did not like that episode but it's a fan favorite). The finale where Cersei blows up the Sept was fucking awesome. The dragon/Dothraki attack on the Lannister line in season 7.

Based on everything I've read, it appears their big issue was wanting to wrap everything up as quickly as possible with no fucks given on putting together a quality ending.
[Reply]
listopencil 09:37 AM 06-20-2022
Why keep picking at the scab? Let it heal.
[Reply]
notorious 09:54 AM 06-20-2022
Originally Posted by listopencil:
Why keep picking at the scab? Let it heal.

[Reply]
ModSocks 10:21 AM 06-20-2022
So this is suppose to take place after the events of Game of Thrones?

Meh. I'll check it out.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:33 AM 06-20-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
They did some decent work, especially when they had some source material to build on.

For example: I don't believe any of the dialogue between Arya and Tywin from the show ever took place in the books.

Hardhome was basically all original. The Battle of the Bastards (I actually did not like that episode but it's a fan favorite). The finale where Cersei blows up the Sept was fucking awesome. The dragon/Dothraki attack on the Lannister line in season 7.

Based on everything I've read, it appears their big issue was wanting to wrap everything up as quickly as possible with no fucks given on putting together a quality ending.
They had other projects lined up with Netflix and Star Wars. Unfortunately for them they were effectively told to fuck off by pretty much everyone after that disaster piece they put on. So that backfired in the worst way possible
[Reply]
mr. tegu 11:23 AM 06-20-2022
I know there is a lot of material about the history and lore of Westeros that basically reads like historical textbooks and has some great works building. But I was thinking that all predates the events of GofT. Is there stuff written about Jon after the events to go off or are they just going to create things from nothing?
[Reply]
Page 384 of 386
« First < 284334374380381382383384 385386 >
Up