ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 542 of 1208
« First < 42442492532538539540541542 5435445455465525926421042 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread
Buehler445 08:45 AM 07-15-2015
Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 09:14 AM 05-31-2017
I had a tangerine and grapefruit tree here when I moved in. Within the first two years the grapefruit tree was dead. The tangerine tree lasted longer but even that died about 7 years ago too. Had to allow people in to pick or they'd be all over the ground.

I wanna a lemon tree though. That I could use a lot. My neighbor has one and part of it hangs over my yard. I take those since they're in my airspace and I consider them mine.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 09:23 AM 05-31-2017
Originally Posted by Sorce:
Made steak fajitas last night, they always come out great with the sous vide.

How'd you season them and finish?
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 09:24 AM 05-31-2017
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Sous Vide-ing a T-bone today. Nice 128 degrees all day.
When did you get sous vide?

I still use mine pretty regularly on protein. Almost always on steak - finish with more salt, pepper, and granulated garlic, then grill the shit out of it for about 60-90 seconds per side.
[Reply]
Sorce 09:59 AM 05-31-2017
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
How'd you season them and finish?
Followed this recipe https://recipes.anovaculinary.com/re...de-flank-steak

However this time I was lazy and just used a store bought marinade to finish them.

[Reply]
Baby Lee 10:07 AM 05-31-2017
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
When did you get sous vide?

I still use mine pretty regularly on protein. Almost always on steak - finish with more salt, pepper, and granulated garlic, then grill the shit out of it for about 60-90 seconds per side.
I didn't 'get' sous vide. I said a long time ago, I use my rice cooker and digital thermometer to monitor. It can hold pretty much any temperature from 120-135 on 'warm' so long as you hit the temp first on 'cook,' then put a nice heavy towel on top.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 10:10 AM 05-31-2017
I didn't 'get' sous vide. I said a long time ago, I use my rice cooker and digital thermometer to monitor. It can hold pretty much any temperature from 120-135 on 'warm' so long as you hit the temp first on 'cook,' then put a nice heavy towel on top.
Ah, forgot that.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 10:12 AM 05-31-2017
Anyone seen that new digital pressure cooker, that looks like a crockpot on TV?

It replaces 15 pieces of kitchen equipment. Even works as a rice cooker too. Cooks fast and moist. Can make a meal in minutes.

Would like to hear opinions pro and con on it, if anyone has one.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 10:17 AM 05-31-2017
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:

It replaces 15 pieces of kitchen equipment. Even works as a rice cooker too. Cooks fast and moist. Can make a meal in minutes.

The Instant Pot? There's a ton of absolute IP lovers all over the internet. I have one and use it more frequently than my stovetop pressure cooker just because of the convenience. I haven't used it for anything else. I have good slow cookers and a good rice cooker. The saute function is subpar, but as far as I can tell, the pressure cooker is very solid.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 10:17 AM 05-31-2017

I haven't bought one, but have seriously considered it.

Two things [well, aside from price] stand in my way.

I already have specific equipment to do most everything it does.
and
As nice as it is to have 15 pieces in one, if it broke down, it would be like 15 pieces of equipment breaking at once.

If any of my major pieces go tits up, I may consider it again, particularly if I find it priced similarly to 'unitaskers' that would replace my old stuff. But for now, all my cookers work.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 10:29 AM 05-31-2017
I haven't bought one, but have seriously considered it.

Two things [well, aside from price] stand in my way.

I already have specific equipment to do most everything it does.
and
As nice as it is to have 15 pieces in one, if it broke down, it would be like 15 pieces of equipment breaking at once.

If any of my major pieces go tits up, I may consider it again, particularly if I find it priced similarly to 'unitaskers' that would replace my old stuff. But for now, all my cookers work.
It's only something like $99. At least the one I saw online the other night.

I've considered a rice cooker, but then saw this. Somethings I would still prefer to cook stovetop, in the oven or grill though.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 10:34 AM 05-31-2017
It's only something like $99. At least the one I saw online the other night.

I've considered a rice cooker, but then saw this. Somethings I would still prefer to cook stovetop, in the oven or grill though.
Yeah, like I said it's mostly because I already have specialized equipment that does everything it does.

I'd likely buy one if I was starting a new kitchen. But at the moment, I'm, familiar with the quirks and rhythms of what I have.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 10:50 AM 05-31-2017
Originally Posted by :
I'd likely buy one if I was starting a new kitchen. But at the moment, I'm, familiar with the quirks and rhythms of what I have.
Ah, a dancing chef! :-)
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 06:09 AM 06-01-2017
Made this last night, mostly for salad chicken lunches for the next couple of days, but had the chicken and some snow peas for dinner last night.

http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2...on-recipe.html

I recommend this. It's quick, easy, and flavorful. And the marinade could be easily changed just by switching up the fresh herb.

Only change I'll make is I think I'll do a 30-minute brine on the chicken next time to season and help it retain moisture. I didn't get any pics, but I was really shocked at how good looking the chicken turned out.
[Reply]
srvy 09:40 PM 06-01-2017
I had a tangerine and grapefruit tree here when I moved in. Within the first two years the grapefruit tree was dead. The tangerine tree lasted longer but even that died about 7 years ago too. Had to allow people in to pick or they'd be all over the ground.

I wanna a lemon tree though. That I could use a lot. My neighbor has one and part of it hangs over my yard. I take those since they're in my airspace and I consider them mine.
On trees it is were center of tree trunk in relation to property line as to ownership. Some states describe at ground level others 3' above earth surface. There are no aerial rights on trees.

You Thief :-)
[Reply]
mikeyis4dcats. 08:18 AM 06-02-2017

you're stealing your neighbors fruit. You have the right to trim vegetation over your property line but the fruit belongs to the tree.
[Reply]
Page 542 of 1208
« First < 42442492532538539540541542 5435445455465525926421042 > Last »
Up