Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Big Ten will start playing football October 23-24
Sassy Squatch 07:36 AM 09-16-2020
https://bigten.org/news/2020/9/16/th...3-24-2020.aspx
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 12:58 PM 09-16-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Christine Brennan can take a boat to China. And she can take Kevin Warren with her.

Way to start your tenure, Kev. Enjoy your stay while it lasts.
Several fake news sports "journalists" have seemingly been rooting for college football (and sports in general) not to return this year.

It is sick.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 01:06 PM 09-16-2020
There was no reason to cancel the season to begin with
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 01:12 PM 09-16-2020
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
There was no reason to cancel the season to begin with
Postpone? Limit the season to conference opponents? Can't argue you against it.

Cancel entirely? I think the B1G and PAC thought the mid majors and D2 cancelling would give them cover when, in reality, them canceling was more of a product of being too much of a money loser than it was "safety."

And the schools who have argued in favor of canceling sports lost the "safety" argument the moment they welcomed back all students to campus.
[Reply]
vailpass 01:20 PM 09-16-2020
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
:-)

Spoiler!
A woman's opinion on football means nothing.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 01:23 PM 09-16-2020
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:

Spoiler!
The "darkest day in Big 10 history"? :-)

Apparently this bitch forgot about Penn State/Sandusky.
[Reply]
vailpass 01:46 PM 09-16-2020
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:

Or the day they let Nebraska in.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:47 PM 09-16-2020
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:

No shit.
[Reply]
ptlyon 01:48 PM 09-16-2020
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Or the day they let Nebraska in.
Actually, that was glorious. Living here all you heard from their fans was "if we were in the big 10 we'd win it every year". Well?
[Reply]
vailpass 01:51 PM 09-16-2020
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
Actually, that was glorious. Living here all you heard from their fans was "if we were in the big 10 we'd win it every year". Well?
I'm just busting balls, I was glad to see Nub get in. I mean, I liked it a whole lot better when the big ten had ten teams. But from a football pedigree and geographic standpoint they make a whole lot more sense than the east coast tokens.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:51 PM 09-16-2020
I'm just busting balls, I was glad to see Nub get in. I mean, I liked it a whole lot better when the big ten had ten teams. But from a football pedigree and geographic standpoint they make a whole lot more sense than the east coast tokens.
Rutgers. :-):-):-)
[Reply]
ptlyon 01:53 PM 09-16-2020
Beulah!
[Reply]
vailpass 01:54 PM 09-16-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Rutgers. :-):-):-)
I mean, FFS. How are they B1G in any way shape or form? Best thing about Rutgers is they didn't endanger our Research Institution standings like Corn did.
[Reply]
vailpass 01:58 PM 09-16-2020
Beulah!

I grew up in Cedar Rapids and remember when Osborne and the Black Shirts were slapping fools around out of the Big 8 in the '90s. That's still what I think of first when I think of Nub.
[Reply]
ptlyon 02:02 PM 09-16-2020

I grew up in Cedar Rapids and remember when Osborne and the Black Shirts were slapping fools around out of the Big 8 in the '90s. That's still what I think of first when I think of Nub.
Well, yeah, but the only other talent in the big 8 was Oklahoma back then. JFC - it's like the Chiefs in the AFCW the last 5 years.
[Reply]
vailpass 02:15 PM 09-16-2020
Well, yeah, but the only other talent in the big 8 was Oklahoma back then. JFC - it's like the Chiefs in the AFCW the last 5 years.
:-) There was actually some good football played in the B8 back then. OK,
OK State, Nub.
Alright, that's all I can think of. Guess you're right.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up