ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 7
< 1234 567 >
Nzoner's Game Room>In case you want to feel disrespected
Kiimo 04:27 PM 09-15-2020
It isn't easy to find disrespect these days, most have finally woken up about what we've been saying since the Chiefs drafted Mahomes.

Well I found precisely ONE power ranking that doesn't have the Chiefs #1.

https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl-power-r...053847579.html

HOW DARE YOU

Send rage

Put it on the chalkboard

We're the new Patriots

[Reply]
OrtonsPiercedTaint 06:54 AM 09-16-2020
If someone is forceful enough, people will fall in lockstep. Ballless cunts
[Reply]
RealSNR 06:58 AM 09-16-2020
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
QB: Significant advantage Chiefs
BAH HOW DAR U SAY THAT RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE /dipshits on sports talk shows
[Reply]
RealSNR 07:19 AM 09-16-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Lamar Jackson sure does get his dick sucked quite a bit for a guy that’s choked two year in a row in the playoffs.

Could you imagine if Mahomes were 0-2 in the playoffs and they were the 2 worst games of his career?
At this point I'm willing to grant Lamar this:

He has an incredible W-L (regular season) record. Prior to him taking over, the Ravens did NOT have a great W-L (regular season) record under Flacco, and people were talking about Harbaugh losing his job at the end of the year.

I honestly chalk this up to Lamar playing very Alex Smithy. No, they're not the same player at all, but in terms of the formula for managing a game and racking up regular season wins even if there are imperfections to your surrounding team? Absolutely. Take care of the football (Lamar does a pretty good job of that, actually) be efficient on offense (safe to say that they are) and if he's got the wheels, your QB can do great things for you by scrambling when things are locked up in coverage. Those are all things Joe Flacco was NOT doing prior to Lamar taking over, and it's why the Ravens found a lot of success immediately after they benched Flacco in Lamar's rookie season, even if Lamar at the time was barely more effective than Tyler Palko as a passer.

I also know Lamar isn't some Baker Mayfield choad who doesn't put in the time. He's improved as a passer since he took over the starting job, and that's not at all something to sneeze at. It's really tough to improve at something like that in the pros. No, I'm not talking about technical things like footwork and understanding coverages and all that other stuff just about every young QB improves at when they get in the league. I mean that Lamar improved his deep ball accuracy significantly, and he reduced the number of short-mid throws that sail on him dramatically. Deshaun Watson still has that problem.

But... yeah, we all know what comes next, though. That's winning football for the regular season. In the playoffs you can win with that if things go your way.... if the defense is crap, that is. Or if the opposing offense can't get the ball moving at all. Tennessee had a decent defense and by the end of the season with Tannehill they found their own efficiency on offense, and that's why they were able to play ball control against Lamar. Because as good as the Ravens were at scoring points on offense, they couldn't do it quickly if the defense didn't give it to them. Lamar couldn't do it quickly. Hell, Lamar couldn't score at all, basically.

So as much as I like to throw shade at Lamar, he's not terrible. Hell, I'll even say he's quite good. And he could still improve and probably will. But he is a CLEAR step behind Patrick Mahomes, and I don't know if he will ever catch up. Hell, he's a clear step behind Russell Wilson, too, and while Aaron Rodgers was doing nothing more than torching a brand new practically all-rookie secondary in Minnesota last week, he looked pretty damn good as well, and certainly from his prime is a much much much more valuable QB to lead your team than Lamar.

It's possible to win a Super Bowl with Lamar Jackson as your QB. But it's an uphill battle, and if you choose that route, you better be stacked as a team. It appears the Ravens have a lot of great players to do that, but until they beat Mahomes, they're 2nd place and not good enough.
[Reply]
DRM08 08:46 AM 09-16-2020
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
At this point I'm willing to grant Lamar this:

He has an incredible W-L (regular season) record. Prior to him taking over, the Ravens did NOT have a great W-L (regular season) record under Flacco, and people were talking about Harbaugh losing his job at the end of the year.

I honestly chalk this up to Lamar playing very Alex Smithy. No, they're not the same player at all, but in terms of the formula for managing a game and racking up regular season wins even if there are imperfections to your surrounding team? Absolutely. Take care of the football (Lamar does a pretty good job of that, actually) be efficient on offense (safe to say that they are) and if he's got the wheels, your QB can do great things for you by scrambling when things are locked up in coverage. Those are all things Joe Flacco was NOT doing prior to Lamar taking over, and it's why the Ravens found a lot of success immediately after they benched Flacco in Lamar's rookie season, even if Lamar at the time was barely more effective than Tyler Palko as a passer.

I also know Lamar isn't some Baker Mayfield choad who doesn't put in the time. He's improved as a passer since he took over the starting job, and that's not at all something to sneeze at. It's really tough to improve at something like that in the pros. No, I'm not talking about technical things like footwork and understanding coverages and all that other stuff just about every young QB improves at when they get in the league. I mean that Lamar improved his deep ball accuracy significantly, and he reduced the number of short-mid throws that sail on him dramatically. Deshaun Watson still has that problem.

But... yeah, we all know what comes next, though. That's winning football for the regular season. In the playoffs you can win with that if things go your way.... if the defense is crap, that is. Or if the opposing offense can't get the ball moving at all. Tennessee had a decent defense and by the end of the season with Tannehill they found their own efficiency on offense, and that's why they were able to play ball control against Lamar. Because as good as the Ravens were at scoring points on offense, they couldn't do it quickly if the defense didn't give it to them. Lamar couldn't do it quickly. Hell, Lamar couldn't score at all, basically.

So as much as I like to throw shade at Lamar, he's not terrible. Hell, I'll even say he's quite good. And he could still improve and probably will. But he is a CLEAR step behind Patrick Mahomes, and I don't know if he will ever catch up. Hell, he's a clear step behind Russell Wilson, too, and while Aaron Rodgers was doing nothing more than torching a brand new practically all-rookie secondary in Minnesota last week, he looked pretty damn good as well, and certainly from his prime is a much much much more valuable QB to lead your team than Lamar.

It's possible to win a Super Bowl with Lamar Jackson as your QB. But it's an uphill battle, and if you choose that route, you better be stacked as a team. It appears the Ravens have a lot of great players to do that, but until they beat Mahomes, they're 2nd place and not good enough.
Lamar deserves a lot of credit for his improvement the last few years. It’s extremely impressive. He has proven a lot of people wrong. I would not bet against him at this point.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 10:25 AM 09-16-2020
I hope were ranked 32. Fuel that Mahomes fire!
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:26 AM 09-16-2020
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Lamar deserves a lot of credit for his improvement the last few years. It’s extremely impressive. He has proven a lot of people wrong. I would not bet against him at this point.
Harbaugh deserves a lot of credit for completely revamping the offense to fit Lamar's specific skillset. He's a gadget player. He's a good gadget play but he's still a gadget player.
[Reply]
DRM08 10:30 AM 09-16-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Harbaugh deserves a lot of credit for completely revamping the offense to fit Lamar's specific skillset. He's a gadget player. He's a good gadget play but he's still a gadget player.
I think he deserves more respect than that. He's a far more accurate passer than guys like Vick or Kaepernick. It will be interesting to see what he does if Greg Roman gets a head coaching job somewhere else in the near future. I think Roman's playcalling is pretty darn underrated.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:31 AM 09-16-2020
I think he deserves more respect than that. He's a far more accurate passer than guys like Vick or Kaepernick. It will be interesting to see what he does if Greg Roman gets a head coaching job somewhere else in the near future. I think Roman's playcalling is pretty darn underrated.
Sorry, but I'm sick to death of the Lamar Jackson hype. Get back to me when he actually puts the team on his back in a big game and doesn't collapse.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:43 AM 09-16-2020
Originally Posted by MeaTy The Pimp:
My point is that, yes Lamar Jackson is a decent player, but how can they rank them as #1 when they have choked and haven't even won a single playoff game in the Lamar era?

Yay!!! They are regular season Champions, then in the post-season they shit the bed.
Not saying I agree with it, but some might say the ravens are a more complete team especially while we're missing breeland, ward, and Pennel. It probably has a lot more to do with a defense comparison. I think most know without question we have the better offense.
[Reply]
DRM08 10:45 AM 09-16-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Sorry, but I'm sick to death of the Lamar Jackson hype. Get back to me when he actually puts the team on his back in a big game and doesn't collapse.
I know you're tired of it, but the guy has had an insane amount of improvement in throwing the ball from when he was drafted. He's got a good supporting cast and very good coaches. I doubt Mahomes & Reid will have a 100% win rate against these guys over the next 5+ years. If they are able to pull it off, then more power to them. It's setting up to be a pretty good rivalry.
[Reply]
alpha_omega 10:46 AM 09-16-2020
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
The Ravens played great. I can't imagine anyone having a problem here.
Agreed.
[Reply]
ChiefBlueCFC 10:50 AM 09-16-2020
THANKS OBAMA! THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT!
[Reply]
gold_and_red 11:27 AM 09-16-2020
The vibe around Ravens-Chiefs feels similar to early Colts-Pats. Everyone knew Pats were better but people had to talk up Manning despite his epic playoff chokes. It took a very long time before they started beating the Pats who already had three rings by then. But the key was that Pats got the 1 or 2 playoff seeds regularly so Manning would destruct even before he got to play the Pats. It also helps that we don't have a Pittsburgh in the AFCW while we are looking at 6-0 even before the season starts. It will be interesting to see if Lamar even wins the division consistently.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:31 AM 09-16-2020
I know you're tired of it, but the guy has had an insane amount of improvement in throwing the ball from when he was drafted. He's got a good supporting cast and very good coaches. I doubt Mahomes & Reid will have a 100% win rate against these guys over the next 5+ years. If they are able to pull it off, then more power to them. It's setting up to be a pretty good rivalry.
Lamar Jackson will be breaking down in 5 years if he keeps playing like this. The dude is a glorified RB. He's averaging over 10 carries per game over his first 2 seasons.

He also has 21 fumbles in his career but only 4 lost. That's not going to continue if they keep running this offense. The ball will eventually bounce unfairly.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:33 AM 09-16-2020
Originally Posted by gold_and_red:
The vibe around Ravens-Chiefs feels similar to early Colts-Pats. Everyone knew Pats were better but people had to talk up Manning despite his epic playoff chokes. It took a very long time before they started beating the Pats who already had three rings by then. But the key was that Pats got the 1 or 2 playoff seeds regularly so Manning would destruct even before he got to play the Pats. It also helps that we don't have a Pittsburgh in the AFCW while we are looking at 6-0 even before the season starts. It will be interesting to see if Lamar even wins the division consistently.
The big difference between the Pats and Colts and this thing is that Manning had the longevity to withstand the early Patriot dominance and get his.

It remains to be seen if Jackson's body can actually do this long-term.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 7
< 1234 567 >
Up