ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Nzoner's Game Room>This offensive line can runblock.
Direckshun 12:56 PM 09-15-2020
So GamePass is being a jerk and not making the All 22 available as of yesterday (haven’t checked back today).

But look at this Baldinger analysis of Clyde’s first game: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NCRFxf3-kAc&t=207s (I’m on my phone.)

Look at that OL. The blocking was superb all game, except on JJ Watt.

It’s pretty fascinating to me the impact a single guard can make. Osemele has added a level of physicality that the entire line has adopted. Wylie looked solid. Reiter looked solid. Fisher and Schwartz were moving bodies. But Kelechi was straight up blowing holes open and the entire line seemed to respond. Why does one guard make the entire line better? Seems crazy but here we are.

Some of that, it must be said, is Clyde, who has Jamaal’s ability to slip through cracks as if they’re wide open holes.

What do you guys see from the offensive line against the Texans?
[Reply]
cmh6476 01:56 PM 09-15-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
The Rams are as close as I can come up with and they had dick at TE.

But they made up for it by having a guy in Faulk who simply wasn't human and 2 HoF caliber WRs. They had their own Robinson in Proehl and their own Hardman in Hakim.

And while Schwartz is a hell of a good OL, he ain't Orlando Pace. And Nutten, Timmermann and Miller were very good in their own right. Warner was also the best pure thrower of a football I've ever seen.

I think you can make a pretty decent argument for that being the best offense of all time, though by year's end this squad, if fully healthy, has a shot at running them down.
who did that Vikings team that beat the scoring record have at TE? Culpepper, Robert Smith, Randy Moss and Cris Carter. That was a talented offense.
[Reply]
KC Hawks 02:06 PM 09-15-2020
Talking about Kurt Warner reminds me of this stat:

Again.. it bears repeating. This season alone Mahomes was 5-0 when trailing by double digits. In his HOF career Kurt Warner was 2-44 when his team trailed by double digits. Understand what you're seeing.

— trey wingo (@wingoz) February 3, 2020

[Reply]
lcarus 02:09 PM 09-15-2020
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Who's better: Kurt Warner or Steve Young?
I'd probably take Steve Young just because he also gives you that mobility.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:20 PM 09-15-2020
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Who's better: Kurt Warner or Steve Young?
I think Steve Young is the most underrated QB in NFL history and prior to Mahomes I would occasionally take a stab at arguing in favor of him in the age-old "what QB would you start a franchise with if you could pick anyone..." conversation.

I think Young was a better quarterback but I think Warner threw a better football.

But it's funny you'd pick Young from that list because I friggen love that guy. Had Montana left after the '85 season for some strange reason and Young took over in '86, I think people would be talking about HIM instead of Montana as the GOAT before Brady.

You let him take some lumps in '86 and be fully in charge for that '87 squad that lost to the Vikings after falling behind 20-3 before Young had to take over in the 2nd half but couldn't quite get them back - I don't think they lose in '87. They won it in '88 and '89 the lost 13-15 against the Giants with Montana looking ooooooold in '90 - I don't think Young loses that game. 4 in a row was a legit possibility.

That was the era that the 49ers were just buying guys - He could've popped off 5 championships in 6 years pretty easily. Does Ken Norton leave for Dallas at that point?

Young was a monster. He could've had 6 rings had things broken a little differently.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:27 PM 09-15-2020
Originally Posted by cmh6476:
who did that Vikings team that beat the scoring record have at TE? Culpepper, Robert Smith, Randy Moss and Cris Carter. That was a talented offense.
That wasn't Culpepper. That monster season was with Randall Cunningham at the controls.

I have no idea who they had at TE that year.

The one that's truly bonkers is that damn year the Broncos killed EVERYONE and then got wrecked by Seattle in the Super Bowl.

WTF was that? Look at the shit Manning turned into gold.

Damarius Thomas, Eric Decker, Julius Thomas, concussed Welker. They set a scoring record with Knowshon Moreno.

That really should be argument #1 (and maybe the only one necessary) anytime someone has a GOAT conversation. "Oh yeah - Manning set every scoring record imagineable w/ Eric !@#$ing Decker and Knowshown Moreno as primary weapons..."

John Fox was his head coach. Ryan Clady didn't even play that season - his line was rags, man.

How did he do that?!?!
[Reply]
tatorhog 02:27 PM 09-15-2020
I think Steve Young is the most underrated QB in NFL history and prior to Mahomes I would occasionally take a stab at arguing in favor of him in the age-old "what QB would you start a franchise with if you could pick anyone..." conversation.

I think Young was a better quarterback but I think Warner threw a better football.

But it's funny you'd pick Young from that list because I friggen love that guy. Had Montana left after the '85 season for some strange reason and Young took over in '86, I think people would be talking about HIM instead of Montana as the GOAT before Brady.

You let him take some lumps in '86 and be fully in charge for that '87 squad that lost to the Vikings after falling behind 20-3 before Young had to take over in the 2nd half but couldn't quite get them back - I don't think they lose in '87. They won it in '88 and '89 the lost 13-15 against the Giants with Montana looking ooooooold in '90 - I don't think Young loses that game. 4 in a row was a legit possibility.

That was the era that the 49ers were just buying guys - He could've popped off 5 championships in 6 years pretty easily. Does Ken Norton leave for Dallas at that point?

Young was a monster. He could've had 6 rings had things broken a little differently.
Just think if Tampa had their heads on right and they kept him and Bo together. That would have been a nightmare team, especially if they added a decent WR.
[Reply]
O.city 02:29 PM 09-15-2020
That wasn't Culpepper. That monster season was with Randall Cunningham at the controls.

I have no idea who they had at TE that year.

The one that's truly bonkers is that damn year the Broncos killed EVERYONE and then got wrecked by Seattle in the Super Bowl.

WTF was that? Look at the shit Manning turned into gold.

Damarius Thomas, Eric Decker, Julius Thomas, concussed Welker. They set a scoring record with Knowshon Moreno.

That really should be argument #1 (and maybe the only one necessary) anytime someone has a GOAT conversation. "Oh yeah - Manning set every scoring record imagineable w/ Eric !@#$ing Decker and Knowshown Moreno as primary weapons..."

John Fox was his head coach. Ryan Clady didn't even play that season - his line was rags, man.

How did he do that?!?!
Decker wasn't that bad though atleast as bad as he ended up being elsewhere.

That 13 season though, Manning was just on a frickin different level. They were unreal.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:38 PM 09-15-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Decker wasn't that bad though atleast as bad as he ended up being elsewhere.

That 13 season though, Manning was just on a frickin different level. They were unreal.
But isn't that the point?

Who was EVER as good without Manning as they were with him. That dude was so good he got his o-linemen paid. Who was that pile of fuck guard we signed away from the Colts who was just trash here? We had to put him at C to try to get some use out of him. Ryan Nelson or something like that? Just absolute ass but Manning was clipping off 13 wins/season behind him so we figured he had to be good.

The guy was the liquid metal terminator from T2. No emotion, no passion - just cold, calculating, murderous logic that would slice you to ribbons without breaking a sweat.

Fuck I'm glad he's finally gone. I hope the rest of the league sees Mahomes the same way I saw that guy. What a horse.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 02:42 PM 09-15-2020
We can also pass block too!!

Texans blitzed the Chiefs 39.4 percent of the time (6th most in NFL this week) on Thursday night.

Kansas City allowed a 3.0 percent hurry rate. Of teams playing Sunday or earlier (MNF totals not in) that ranks third-worst.

Mahomes got rid of the ball, and the OL was stout

— Matt Verderame (@MattVerderame) September 15, 2020

[Reply]
poolboy 02:43 PM 09-15-2020
Our oline looks way better than anticipated
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:45 PM 09-15-2020
Originally Posted by poolboy:
Our oline looks way better than anticipated
I think Direkshun was the only one squealing too loudly about the OL.

There was EVERY reason to believe this line could be an upgrade on last season's.

This is pretty talented group.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:54 PM 09-15-2020
This line is going to LOVE blocking for CEH. He makes them look good, so they're going to work to make him look good.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 02:57 PM 09-15-2020

I picked Young for that reason. I remember you mentioned him at some point in the past.

Personally, I’d agree. He’d probably make my top 5 all-time, but I feel like history has assigned him the backseat to Montana so you don’t often hear much beyond maybe top 10 hype.

It’s always an interesting convo. Guys like Brady and Montana have long gotten by on Super Bowl wins, but I’m not sure I’d take either over guys like Manning or Young.
[Reply]
O.city 02:58 PM 09-15-2020
But isn't that the point?

Who was EVER as good without Manning as they were with him. That dude was so good he got his o-linemen paid. Who was that pile of **** guard we signed away from the Colts who was just trash here? We had to put him at C to try to get some use out of him. Ryan Nelson or something like that? Just absolute ass but Manning was clipping off 13 wins/season behind him so we figured he had to be good.

The guy was the liquid metal terminator from T2. No emotion, no passion - just cold, calculating, murderous logic that would slice you to ribbons without breaking a sweat.

**** I'm glad he's finally gone. I hope the rest of the league sees Mahomes the same way I saw that guy. What a horse.
He had his issues in the playoffs (namely, he had to beat Brady and Bill too many times) but man, that dude was flat out just great. Brady has the rings, but fuck it's hard to really argue.
[Reply]
O.city 03:00 PM 09-15-2020
Manning was truly a "hitch your wagon to him and win 12 games" every year type of QB. He had good players around him, but it didn't matter how good. They were just gonna win that many and be right there every year.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up